Wifi Extender Issues! HELP!
10492 19 2014-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wes
New

United States

Today my wifi extender on my P2V+ started acting all kinds of crazy.....
The phantom wifi signal started dropping out or not showing up at all on my device.  i have to repeatadly power cycle to get a signal to show.  When it does show up, and i try to connect  im frequently getting a "unable to connect" message in the wifi menu of my device but the signal continues to show up.
When i am able to connect to the wifi, it wont connect to the phantom or camera in the DJI app.  
Ive reset the extender and rebound the camera and that didnt fix it but sometimes, even when im connected to the phantoms wifi, when i try to go into "binding" in the APP, it says it "cannot connect" to the repeater.  The "FPV Booster" app wont connect to the P2V+ either.  
Ive had issues with this extender from day one.  It has always sparatically displayed the wrong battery level within the DJI app and has sometimes been finicky about transmitting the signal initially but ive never ran into this issue.
It is the correct model for the PLUS and I tried everyother mentioned troubleshooting to no avail.

Has the thing just crapped out or has something came undone, or am I just doing something wrong?

2014-10-17
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi,please try the binding process again following the manual.If it does not help and this wifi issue keeps happening to all your mobile devices, i am afraid there is something wrong with the wifi board.It is suggested to ask for dealer and send it back for maintenance to our repair center if you still can not fix it.
Here is our support center info: http://www.dji.com/support
2014-10-17
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi,please try the binding process again following the manual.If it does not help and this wifi issue keeps happening to all your mobile devices, i am afraid there is something wrong with the wifi module.It is suggested to ask for dealer and send it back for maintenance to our repair center if you still can not fix it.
2014-10-17
Use props
wes
New

United States

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-10-17 19:33
Hi,please try the binding process again following the manual.If it does not help and this wifi issue ...

Okay. will do.
honestly id rather just buy a new one if its junk.  Waiting half a year for repair doesnt sound like fun.
Also, are you talking about the range extender being bad or the wifi module inside the phantom 2 itself?

Thanks for your prompt reply BTW!
2014-10-17
Use props
wes
New

United States

Going through the binding process and got to the point where I go to "binding" in the app.  When i select "binding" it says... "Wi-Fi Repeater Connection Failed" and my device is still showing that it is connected to the phantoms wifi, as does the dji app.

What new item should i order?  
I need this thing functional by Tuesday!!!!
2014-10-17
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Hey Wes,

where are you located?  can you not go back to point of purchase and have them tell you what you need to purchase?  If you are in the Toronto area I can let you know of a good hobby store.
2014-10-17
Use props
smot311
lvl.1

United States

It's either the range extender or wifi module in the phantom.  I would guess it's your extender though.  I had an issue with my module and it wasnt what you described.
2014-10-17
Use props
wes
New

United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2014-10-17 23:35
Hey Wes,

where are you located?  can you not go back to point of purchase and have them tell you wh ...

i ordered online. The closest DJI dealer is 500 miles away.
2014-10-17
Use props
wes
New

United States

smot311@aol.com Posted at 2014-10-18 02:25
It's either the range extender or wifi module in the phantom.  I would guess it's your extender thou ...

Out of curiosity, what was your module doing?  Also, if the module needs to be replaced, is it plug and play or is there some type of additional binding?  
I ordered a new Wifi Extender today, so we will see...
Ill update the thread with my findings.
2014-10-17
Use props
wes
New

United States

^
2014-10-18
Use props
PhantomKnowledg
New

United States

Wes,
I recommend calling one of the support centers to let them walk you through the binding process.  They will help you with each step so you know it was done right.  
2014-10-19
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi Wes,
It is suggest to  send it back for maintenance to our repair center if you still can not fix it.
2014-10-19
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Here is the binding process:
(Page 21)
http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Manual_v1.4_en.pdf
2014-10-19
Use props
smot311
lvl.1

United States

The Binding process is easy.  With regards to my phantom, everything would be fine on the ground, wifi/camera/satellites.  As soon as I started the motors I would get the phantom connection failed error on my iphone.  I tried all the troubleshooting tips.  I finally narrowed it down to either the extender or the module.  I got a new extender, I still had the issue.  So I got a new module and that fixed it.  It's plug and play you just need to be careful removing it.  It's attached with double sided tape to the board.  Just remove it slowly, loosening up the tape a little at a time.
2014-10-20
Use props
wes
New

United States

OKAY..  I replaced the Range Extender.  I do believe my original one had some quirks but this did not fix my issue.
Replaced the wi-fi module inside the phantom.  Still... same issue.  
and YES, YES, YES i did the binding correctly and repeatedly with both range extenders and several different devices.

FULL DISCLOSURE... the wifi module i got was USED and looked like someone used a screwdriver to pry it off of the board.  I am pretty confident, based on research and reading others experience with module issues, that i just got a bad module and this is still the cause of my problem.

But, is there anything else that i may be overlooking??  

I havent tried the SDcard thing.  I read another post about someone having a similar issue caused by some quirk in the SDcard circuit but Ive tried to connect with the original sdcard removed and installed and still... same problem.
2014-10-27
Use props
wes
New

United States

BTW....  I can connect to the range extender without issue now and go through the binding process without any issue but the app will still not connect to the phantom nor will the FPV Booster app.
2014-10-27
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi Wes,
Please open the Dji vision app and go to settings--->about,if there is NAZA-M&camera info, then the binding process is successful.
Can you record or take a picture through the dji vision app?
2014-10-27
Use props
vos_eddie
New
Netherlands

can someone help me i get no wifi conetion anymore whit the panthom2 vision after i hang other camera on .when i hang this one back i get no wifi connetion anymore whit my panthom  but i have to tell to that after that i update my phantom and than i not work anymore
everything work good only i not get my camera on the screen
2014-10-30
Use props
Kevinx4
New

United States

Read this link, seems like there is a problem with this http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28176
2014-10-30
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

The gimbal&camera are all special designed on phantom 2 vision.
It is suggested to ask for dealer and send it back for maintenance to our repair center if you still can not fix it.
2014-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules