Laggy video when connected via WiFi and OTG
892 10 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swagimir
New
Poland

Hi guys,
I have read a lot of posts on this forum but none solution worked for me. I'm sick of Spark for now. I bought it 3 days ago (Fly More Combo) and spent 2h for activation and preparing to first fight (I had Phantom 3 adv before). But nevermind, I flight Spark drone for a moment close to me and it was really nice time ;).

First time I met my problem was when I flight more than 50m from me. There appeared a notification like "Weak Image Transmittion Signal". I suspected that I happened because of WiFi connection of phone with controller. Today, I used OTG cable to connect to my Xiaomi Mi5. A problem was that a video is terrible - it's very laggy (look at my screencast below). I tried to change 5.8GHz to 2.4GHz but I couldn't. Turning on airplane mode didn't help too. Tried even 3 different OTG adapters but result was the same.

I read that DJI doesn't support OTG connection officially, and make it harder to use in updates, but this drone is not able to fly successfully. Fling 20m from me sucks. Buying a Spark, I expected a lot more, to be honest.

I'm from Europe (Poland, to be more precisely) and now I don't have idea how to set it up. Maybe better OTG cable (now I have a UGreen OTG cable), changing 2.4GHz somehow (drone restarts after a change is made and never connects again - manual restart is required and then 5.8GHz is set again) or firmware downgrade? Tommorow I will contact DJI Support but I don't expect any helpful imformation - I hope I'm wrong.

Has anyone resolved similar problem?

I'd be grateful for any kind of help. I love size of this drone, but I'd like to use is sometimes.

2017-8-27
Use props
swagimir
New
Poland

A moment ago I changed wifi to 2.4GHz and plugged OTG cable (donot know if it matters) but it didn't change anything. Image is still laggy.
2017-8-27
Use props
djiuser_Z5KgTEG
New
Flight distance : 4803 ft
Saudi Arabia

The same issue is happening with me
2017-8-27
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

"  I'm from Europe (Poland, to be more precisely) and now I don't have idea how to set it up"  just keep trying it will come to you
2017-8-27
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
U.S. Virgin Islands

2017-8-27
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
U.S. Virgin Islands

Xiaomi Mi5. get an i phone for no problems or a galaxy s5 its all in the phone trust me
2017-8-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

TMUSVI Posted at 2017-8-27 16:03
Xiaomi Mi5. get an i phone for no problems or a galaxy s5 its all in the phone trust me

Unlucky enough, you may be right!
I gave up on my LG G4 and use now the OP5, successful for most of the time!

I actually was thinking, since the G4 had a mainboard change, because of the "bootloop" problem, and got specs castrated, somehow, from LG through the latest firmware, the problem is LG changing specs of its former flagship afterwards, here.
But if it is like you say, working on some few phones, isn't it more a problem of specs in general?
Which means DJI would need to make that clearer, that you need to buy/have a phone of that list of 'em?
2017-8-27
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
U.S. Virgin Islands

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-8-27 17:01
Unlucky enough, you may be right!
I gave up on my LG G4 and use now the OP5, successful for most of the time!

i have a nexus gen 2 2013 its on the list but it sks
2017-8-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I think more and more, since my LG G4 is not "willing" to use the full speed of the CPU anylonger but something needs to decode the lifestream, and your nexus is "only" 1.5 GHz, too, and all the functional devices (as I know so far) are higher specs: The list may not be 100% accurate after a couple of updates.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Please try to reinstall the APP, then enable the airplane mode on your phone before you run the APP, see if it is better. You can also try other mobile devices, especially the recommended devices.  http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2017-8-28
Use props
swagimir
New
Poland

Thank you all for yours answers. I used my Xiaomi Mi5 with Phantom 3 Adv and hadn't problems (weak signal above 800m but I think it was because of wrongly positioned antennas). I will try to reinstall DJI Go app and enable Airplane mode before first run.  I will check if I have similar problems on iOS-based device too and eventually buy one.
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules