Fixed Wing Mode
3101 18 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Defender4he1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466 ft
Australia

Went to try fixed wing mode today but cannot get it to work .When I have enough forward speed the fixed wing symbal appears I then push the C1 button but nothing happens except the symbal disapears .I have fixed wing enabled in settings but in controller settings notice that the C1 C2 buttons are not defined .Is this ok and what am I not doing right  
Thanks  Noel
2017-8-27
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

When you click C1 you are in FIXED MODE. Maybe take a video and let us see what's happening. Also the second you take your fingers off the stick or you slow down, the FIXED MODE is disabled!
2017-8-27
Use props
Defender4he1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466 ft
Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-8-27 15:24
When you click C1 you are in FIXED MODE. Maybe take a video and let us see what's happening. Also the second you take your fingers off the stick or you slow down, the FIXED MODE is disabled!

Thanks for reply  .Just tried again with right stick kept forward and C1 pressed get a plane symbol  but as soon as I make any left stick inputs it drops out
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please refer to the manual and check if you are doing all right.
Or like dronist said, please provide us a video for the whole controlling process so we can check more? fixed wing mode.png
2017-8-28
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Defender4he1 Posted at 2017-8-27 16:22
Thanks for reply  .Just tried again with right stick kept forward and C1 pressed get a plane symbol  but as soon as I make any left stick inputs it drops out

Just a reminder that you have to keep pushing on the right stick the minute you slow down or take your finger off the the right stick you will exit the FIXED WING.

In another word, you have to keep the pedal on the metal while using the left stick to maneuver the MP.

2017-8-28
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

dronist Posted at 2017-8-28 05:37
Just a reminder that you have to keep pushing on the right stick the minute you slow down or take your finger off the the right stick you will exit the FIXED WING.

In another word, you have to keep the pedal on the metal while using the left stick to maneuver the MP.

That does not appear so, according to the manual. I can release the right stick after you reach the desired speed. You only exit the FWM if you push the right stick DOWN.
2017-8-28
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-8-28 05:47
That does not appear so, according to the manual. I can release the right stick after you reach the desired speed. You only exit the FWM if you push the right stick DOWN.

When you take your finger off the right stick the MP will stop and then the MP will exit the mode. You need to keep pushing up ON THE RIGHT STICK to keep the speed going otherwise it will rever to being a drone mode again.

What I mean by exit FWM is: when you take your finger off the right stick, the speed will be down to zero and the MP will revert to being a regular drone again and yoiu have to push the right stick up again until it reaches the right speed and then you are back in FWM without clicking again on the C1 button.

Hope this clear things up!

2017-8-28
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-28 06:03
When you take your finger off the right stick the MP will stop and then the MP will exit the mode. You need to keep pushing up ON THE RIGHT STICK to keep the speed going otherwise it will rever to being a drone mode again.

What I mean by exit FWM is: when you take your finger off the right stick, the speed will be down to zero and the MP will revert to being a regular drone again and yoiu have to push the right stick up again until it reaches the right speed and then you are back in FWM without clicking again on the C1 button.

My MP will maintain speed when I release the right stick. I have a heck of a time getting it into Fixed Wing Mode but when it's engaged the MP will continue to fly forward with no stick input.
2017-8-28
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-8-28 07:10
My MP will maintain speed when I release the right stick. I have a heck of a time getting it into Fixed Wing Mode but when it's engaged the MP will continue to fly forward with no stick input.

Which FW are you on?
2017-8-28
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Agree with ghostrdr, no touchy necessary to stay in fixed wing mode.  Not sure what version I was on when I did it last, but I'm usually on the latest version.
2017-8-28
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Aaaand confirmed... latest firmware at least, c1 puts you in fixed wing mode after moving forward.  Letting go of sticks keeps you in fixed wing mode.
2017-8-28
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I think it's 1000, I just upgraded last week. It worked the same way before I upgraded.
2017-8-28
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

My mistake! You DON'T NEED  to keep your right stick up to stay in FWM.  

I think I had the same issue as you are having now, so when I previously used the FWM, I kept my right stick up to keep it going.  

I just tried it and like the others said, you don't need to keep your right finger on the stick.

Maybe your issue is, you are NOT going fast enough to lock the FW mode!

2017-8-28
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-8-28 08:48
I think it's 1000, I just upgraded last week. It worked the same way before I upgraded.

You are right, read my previous answer #13!
2017-8-28
Use props
Peter Koeller
lvl.1

Panama

Fixed wing mode sucks.  FW icon apears after achieving speed and pressing C1 but it will not hold speed and keeps jumping in and out (FW icon on and off) . spoiled my one chance to simulate takeoff and landing at an actual air strip, built by Noriega in Panama no less
2018-2-2
Use props
fansd16cb912
lvl.1

dronist Posted at 2017-8-28 05:37
Just a reminder that you have to keep pushing on the right stick the minute you slow down or take your finger off the the right stick you will exit the FIXED WING.

In another word, you have to keep the pedal on the metal while using the left stick to maneuver the MP.

I've used FWM many times before and I don't remember keeping the stick pressed forward in order for it to stay in FWM, unless they changed it on the update that I'm not aware about but I'm also having same problem with MP it won't stay in FWM.
2018-6-19
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>

fansd16cb912 Posted at 2018-6-19 16:34
I've used FWM many times before and I don't remember keeping the stick pressed forward in order for it to stay in FWM, unless they changed it on the update that I'm not aware about but I'm also having same problem with MP it won't stay in FWM.

That was on an outdated FW.

Are you going faster than 10 miles?

2018-6-21
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
India

I will try this out as well.  Seems to work like cruise control in a car
2018-6-22
Use props
fansa19635bc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57372 ft

i am having the same problem as 1#, tried everything, all software updated to latest 23/07/2018
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules