Can I draw a vertical flight path with Litchi?
4753 8 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Todka
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

Hello,

Wondering if Litchi can allow me to draw a flight path vertically rather than horizontally?
For example, if I wanted the aircraft to perform a vertical circle, can it do this?

Thanks in advance.

2017-8-27
Use props
Jag01usn
lvl.3
United States

Hello: To make a true circle is not there yet. I think if you put like six or eight waypoints in a single row and adjust the height and distance between the waypoints you would have a sided type of circle. A free cad program ( DraftSight ) would help some to do this. I like your idea, I may try to do that for this weekend and see how it works out. The more waypoints will better the circle but more over lapping of waypoints. You can also draw your circle on paper and divide into 6 or 8 lines and assign the correct waypoint to the divided height. Just remember the drone will fly from #1 waypoint to #2 and so on. So make sure you place the waypoints in there correct position.
2017-8-28
Use props
Todka
lvl.3
Australia

Jag01usn Posted at 2017-8-28 01:27
Hello: To make a true circle is not there yet. I think if you put like six or eight waypoints in a single row and adjust the height and distance between the waypoints you would have a sided type of circle. A free cad program ( DraftSight ) would help some to do this. I like your idea, I may try to do that for this weekend and see how it works out. The more waypoints will better the circle but more over lapping of waypoints. You can also draw your circle on paper and divide into 6 or 8 lines and assign the correct waypoint to the divided height. Just remember the drone will fly from #1 waypoint to #2 and so on. So make sure you place the waypoints in there correct position.

Thanks jag.  I guessed that was the case but would have been very happy to hear otherwise.
2017-8-28
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Jag01usn Posted at 2017-8-28 01:27

I spent some time on this... here's what I came up with: a vertical circle with 12 waypoints (less would be too rough a circle, IMHO). This way the circle is divided in 12 sectors of 30 º, (it helps with the trig), and formulas for calculating both the altitude of each waypoint and the distance of each waypoint from the Home point (coinciding with waypoint #1). In teh drawing and the table, I have used a radius of 50 meters and a minimum altitude of 20 meters AGL for the lowest point in the circle (= waypoint 1). Check it for errors !   ...
circle_12_waypoints.png
TABLE.png
2017-8-29
Use props
ROHIT RANJAN
New

India

Create a circular measure in Google Earth around your point of interest.save it as kml.import to litchi...it will have something around 99 waypoints in circle..adjust height,delete add waypoints and poi's
2019-2-23
Use props
Tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

This would take me for ever to write up how to accomplish this, you need to get the Udemy Phantom Film School course #1, he teaches you how to do it, it's very very easy.
the suggestions above are how shall I put it nice...way way to much trouble and way to much effort to do something so simple.
buy the phantom film school vids on Udemy, they only cost 10.00US get all 3 it's worth the 30.00
the Film school vids are all about Litchi and the power it contains. You won't believe what you can do with Litchi.
buy the course if you really want to know.
Vertical circle rise is called the corkscrew and it's real easy.

2019-2-23
Use props
MavicRich
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579062 ft
United Kingdom

Tree Posted at 2019-2-23 22:58
This would take me for ever to write up how to accomplish this, you need to get the Udemy Phantom Film School course #1, he teaches you how to do it, it's very very easy.
the suggestions above are how shall I put it nice...way way to much trouble and way to much effort to do something so simple.
buy the phantom film school vids on Udemy, they only cost 10.00US get all 3 it's worth the 30.00

I appreciate this is an old thread, however I've recently been trying to recreate a vertical circle. You mention a corkscrew - this sounds very much like a helix. Can you confirm that the tutorials contain an explanation to create a vertical circle please. As in an O shape where the bottom of the circle is the ground.

Thanks
2020-6-3
Use props
fans8bf9b0f1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1679344 ft
Mexico

I looked around and asked in a few different places, some people have this perfectly ironed out, there's this on-line tool that converts horizontal Litchi sketches into vertical ones. https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1gFBJHn60FKavm-KdyfDJfhjmtRp6i5Oy?usp=sharing#scrollTo=-Ri_Ut6gVXtc

There's also a Facebook community specifically dedicated to light painting with drones and they have developed some tools for this purpose.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/284362069157991/
2020-7-1
Use props
Todka
lvl.3
Australia

fans8bf9b0f1 Posted at 7-1 10:43
I looked around and asked in a few different places, some people have this perfectly ironed out, there's this on-line tool that converts horizontal Litchi sketches into vertical ones. https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1gFBJHn60FKavm-KdyfDJfhjmtRp6i5Oy?usp=sharing#scrollTo=-Ri_Ut6gVXtc

There's also a Facebook community specifically dedicated to light painting with drones and they have developed some tools for this purpose.

Super. I’ll check those out.  Thank you.   
2020-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules