Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Firmware 600 and Gestures
1306 4 2017-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

We all know that the latest Spark firmware 600 fixed many issues, especially gestures that firmware 500 completely broke in my case.

Meanwhile, my Spark is still plagued by a nasty gesture issue that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to perform the "diagonal arm" gesture used to start video recording.
All other gestures are now fully operational and I achieve 100% recognition success since firmware 600.

I discussed the matter on another Spark forum and several other users are reporting the exact same problem.

Any clue or advice?

DJI, please take note of this problem.

2017-8-28
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still have very little luck with gestures.  Other than palm launching and landing, I don't use them because I cannot rely on them.  That being said, the gestures were not my primary use case for buying the spark, and I'm not disappointed or heartbroken.

Also, I've not experimented with wardrobe.  I have gathered that the spark is sensitive to contrast.  I could very well be that if I changed my clothing to something different (brighter?) I would have more success.
2017-8-28
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-28 09:53
I still have very little luck with gestures.  Other than palm launching and landing, I don't use them because I cannot rely on them.  That being said, the gestures were not my primary use case for buying the spark, and I'm not disappointed or heartbroken.

Also, I've not experimented with wardrobe.  I have gathered that the spark is sensitive to contrast.  I could very well be that if I changed my clothing to something different (brighter?) I would have more success.

I tried with several outfits.
As mentioned above, everything works fine with firmware 600 except the "start filming" one.
It's puzzling.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please confirm that all the gesture is correct when you want to activate gesture recording, you need to hold the whole arm, please refer to the picture below, note that gesture mode can only be initiated within 2 meters distance between the subject and drone. If you can't use it still, could you please provide us the video of the whole process? Thank you in advance. gesture recording.png
2017-9-2
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

I found that since I believe you can only start video before you wave it away, not enough of you is inshot for the arm gesture. Palm and jedi and wave away clearly are.
Managed successfully once but never again.
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules