Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU Calibration failed
5476 5 2017-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joeboomer
lvl.1
United States

Got my drone, flew it day 1.  No crashes, or any issues.  Updated firmware at night and now it gives me error saying I need to calibrate IMU.  I attempted to do so (many times) and everytime I get the same error.

It seems to take a long time on step 1.  Then, finishes the other steps and gives me the following error message: IMU 1: Calibration Failed.  Sample Timeout. (Error Code -27) IMU 2: Calibrated."

I've tried resetting factory settings, re-updating the firmware, and re-installing the app on my devices.  
IMG_0005.PNG
2017-8-28
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Best bet is to do a COLD IMU calibration.

Take battery out, put the dorne in the freezer for 1/2 hour.

When it is time, tun the app on get everything ready, take the drone out, plug the battery turn it on and start the calibration. make sure you are ON 100% LEVELED SURFACE, keep the drone away from metal, phone, electronics, keyes etc..

Then do AUTO GIMBALL calibration.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Power the drone off, wait about 1-2 hours, then power the drone on, calibrate the IMU, see it works.
2017-8-28
Use props
RXH007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334190 ft
United States

I have the same issue. Noticed a slight wobble on return from my flight the other day. Tried to calibrate the IMU twice and stuck on the second placing after I go through and and green lights on every other position.  Will try the 2 hour reset.
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

RXH007 Posted at 2017-8-29 16:48
I have the same issue. Noticed a slight wobble on return from my flight the other day. Tried to calibrate the IMU twice and stuck on the second placing after I go through and and green lights on every other position.  Will try the 2 hour reset.

Did you also get the -27 error code? Please try to recalibrate after cooling it and look forward to your feedback.
2017-8-30
Use props
CptCurry
lvl.1

Canada

Bought a P4P+. Just got it today.  (Feb 8, 2018) Updated all firmware. Then decided to calibrate compass and IMU. Never got a failure but stuck on 4/6 during the imu calibration. Tried everything. Watched several videos and one showed a different sequence then was indicated in the diagrams on the P4P+ screen. Maneuvered the drone in the same sequence on the video and it worked. I believe the videos of orientating the aircraft on the latest software are off. Drone flew fine at 9 pm tonight in my front yard. Not bad for my first flight ever.
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules