3232 44 2017-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jujusf 3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184587 ft
Spain

BudWalker Posted at 2017-9-9 15:35
As DroneFlying mentioned another possibility is some kind of propulsion issue. The .DAT is required to be definitive but the .txt can provide some insight. In this case the Yawing was CCW which is consistent with a leftBack or rightFront propulsion issue. In addition, the incident started with a pitch down and roll right which is consistent with a rightFront propulsion issue. Was the rightFront prop intact?

I changed the props and they only had 4 flights, no hits or defects I could see at all. I have them if DJI want to take a look but thy look in perfect shape to me.
2017-9-10
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jujusf 3 Posted at 2017-9-10 14:02
I changed the props and they only had 4 flights, no hits or defects I could see at all. I have them if DJI want to take a look but thy look in perfect shape to me.

OK. DroneFlying explained to me why this incident doesn't quite fit the broken prop scenario and I have to agree. The rotations were arrested when max throttle was input and that wouldn't happen with a broken prop. But, IMHO it doesn't quite fit the battery problem scenario either. The voltage drop was accompanied by an increase in current. I suspect the current increase was due to the motors spinning faster to compensate for some propulsion issue.
If DJI indicates what the problem is please let us know.

2017-9-10
Use props
Jujusf 3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184587 ft
France

RE: Mavic Crashes in the Ocean by itself

Well, GOOD NEWS: DJI recognized this was a warranty repair so shipped a new drone to me. I m supposed to receive it today!

I still have no word on root cause, and would love to hear more. Maybe DJI Diana can help us here, and I will ask too, and will post findings if/when I get them.

Thanks all for your support and advice...

Back to flying soon!

Julien
2017-9-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Jujusf 3 Posted at 2017-9-15 02:17
Well, GOOD NEWS: DJI recognized this was a warranty repair so shipped a new drone to me. I m supposed to receive it today!

I still have no word on root cause, and would love to hear more. Maybe DJI Diana can help us here, and I will ask too, and will post findings if/when I get them.

I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for the follow-up and good luck with your new Mavic.
2017-9-15
Use props
fans86e32ba3
New
Flight distance : 27536 ft
New Zealand

Yep!! I feel your pain my friend. I recently had my Mavic Air automatically land into the water. Looks as though DJI does not want to cover this... they said that there is a sensor problem with the drones over the water... and they shouldn’t be flown over water. But yet they advertise in their promotional videos, there drones flying over the water!! This is faulse advertising for sure! I will be posting this all over my fan pages for sure.
2018-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules