Need Advice at Sea
656 4 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lK9ZjNF
New

Spain

Hello Pilots!
I am supportin a team at sea that is using an Inspire 1 pro.
They have asked me to purchase an external 4K recorder that they will use the mini HDMI output to "feed".
As I am currently in Gran Canaria, the Canary islands, and may not have all choices available, can someone please provide me with a list of devices that might work, as well as the type of SD card that is necessary, so I don't make any mistakes, cables, batteries?
I am rusing to purchase in order to get this to the Helipad.  I know that it is a long shot, but I would really appreciate a fast response!
Thanks,
Doug
2017-8-29
Use props
Kiffkool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

Why 4k .....HDMI output on controller is only 720p.....or so im informed. Sorry no help at all really. good luck hope you make it ok.
2017-8-29
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Here are the Specs for the Sd card , be sure no larger  than 64 gig by the way . ( get name brands, play it safe at sea )
Supported SD Card Types        Micro SD
Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required.

Not sure on the monitor , you may want to see what is available to you as the choices may be limited where you are at.  Just make sure it has an Input?output  for the HDMI cable , by the way You will need a MINI hdmi cable connector ( or adapter )  for the RC  transmitter mini HDMI connection.  .  The sell the cable that  way or OR get an Adapter .  The rule for good trouble free viewing ( in my opinion )  is the less adapters the better , it will give a better signal and less likely to fail . Your options may be limited though where you are at .

Like Kiffkool mentioned for live video you will only get 720 , but if the playback will support 4k form the Sd card then you may want to get a 4k monitor viewer .  Depends what you are using it for .  Most editing is  done on a MAC or PC so the expense of the 4K monitor may Or may not be worth it depending on cost etc.

Maybe other members can chime in as well

donnie

2017-8-29
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi Doug,

Unless I'm missing something here, if you're after recording 4k, you would be better off doing it on the aircraft, any radio interference will affect the quality of the feed. Not much point spending all that cash when every time you need to change the battery you could just pull the footage too, especially when the footage won't be as good. Are you using the X5 or X5r?

Mark G.
2017-8-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Mark and Donnie are correct. The feed from RC is affected by weather, interference and distance etc. If you ask for 4K recording, you should just use the footage captured on SD or SSD resided on the bird. If the feed is ,in fact, 4K, you should use hdmi v2 cable which is rated 19G/s transfer rate. But I doubt you get that quality from your HDMI feed.
2017-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules