Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
*Introducing DJI Mavic Pro Platinum*
85702 388 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

dojoman Posted at 2017-9-7 11:27
Right! A kid with $1000 disposable income. I take it as a compliment.

My mavic is working great and I wouldn't trade it in for 3mins extra battery life and different props. 5 years from now the maybe
2017-9-7
Use props
fansd2da7659
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, I was just going to get the Mavic Pro package deal on Amazon but I guess I may as well get this one. I don't see any of those large package deals though yet on Amazon. Ones with multiple batteries, cases, etc.
2017-9-7
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sircoynie Posted at 2017-9-3 14:54
Hang on a second! I spoke with a DJI rep on Chat on Saturday as I had recently purchased a Mavic Pro concerning the camera (Jeffrey his name was, I have a screen shot for my records) and asked about the camera as I wanted to know what the issue was with my new MP and at no point did he mention that this was a known issue that wasn't going to be fixed and just went through the settings etc (I thought it was me)!!

I also asked about the Platinum Feature set and what was upgraded etc as I was within my 14 days return policy, the camera was not mentioned (ability to use props and ESC was)!

The update to the camera was not announced in either the press release or the marketing materials.  It was however confirmed by Dr. Tao, aka Dr. Turbo, that there was a hardware upgrade to the camera to fix the 1080p60fps issue.  The person you spoke to probably did not have that information.  Sorry for the confusion.
2017-9-8
Use props
djiuser_tYqcUib
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152638 ft
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2017-9-8 13:52
The update to the camera was not announced in either the press release or the marketing materials.  It was however confirmed by Dr. Tao, aka Dr. Turbo, that there was a hardware upgrade to the camera to fix the 1080p60fps issue.  The person you spoke to probably did not have that information.  Sorry for the confusion.

Has the camera been improved in any other way?
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2017-8-31 10:29
The REAL question - will the old Mavic props work on the Platinum?  lol!

The older props should work on the new Mavic Platinum. The main difference is the flight time.
2017-9-12
Use props
fans774717a4
New
United States

I imagine so, but will the DJI Goggles work as well with the Mavic Pro Platinum, as with the Mavic Pro?
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-8-31 07:37
Can we use the Mavic pro RC on the platinum and can we buy the A.C. only?

I do not see specifically where the remote is listed for one model.
2017-9-12
Use props
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

Mavic Pro and MP Platinum RC's are compatible
2017-9-13
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Bigga J Posted at 2017-9-4 07:18
My thoughts exactly.

My MP is less than a month old. The MP Platinum version seems to be a host of hardware updates some of which seem good (new blades/Props) otherwise any other updates to flight performance and camera updates are handled by the software updates that we all get anyway!

you are wrong I believe because there is a hardware change to the camera that fixes a bug. I would Never get the older version knowing just this alone.
2017-9-13
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Has anyone from DJI confirmed that there really is a hardware modification/upgrade to the camera?
2017-9-13
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

bobsma Posted at 2017-9-13 01:26
you are wrong I believe because there is a hardware change to the camera that fixes a bug. I would Never get the older version knowing just this alone.

Am I wrong? ..... Please show me the evidence to prove your claim.

As I said, there is nothing on the DJI website referring to anything about the camera being different in anyway.

They document the props, flight time, hover time, loudness and the new ESC's  but nothing more.
2017-9-13
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Bigga J Posted at 2017-9-13 06:02
Am I wrong? ..... Please show me the evidence to prove your claim.

As I said, there is nothing on the DJI website referring to anything about the camera being different in anyway.

not sure who Dr. Turbo is.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Jinjur Posted at 2017-8-31 07:35
The props actually suit our MP more than the platinum......lol

Is the new battery different / better apart from being a turd colour?

No difference on the batteries. They are the same.
2017-9-13
Use props
Fozzaton
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hey Guys, Is there anyway to find out when these will be released on Amazon.co.uk ? I have some vouchers and would love to upgrade my Phantom 3 Advance for the Fly More Package.
2017-9-13
Use props
fans243c04ed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2392215 ft
Germany

Warum in Deutschland kein deutsch
2017-9-13
Use props
fans243c04ed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2392215 ft
Germany

Übersetzung in deutsch
2017-9-13
Use props
H-Bomb99
New

Australia

Sold out?! When can I buy one?
2017-9-13
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
United Kingdom

bobsma Posted at 2017-9-13 07:58

not sure who Dr. Turbo is.

Thanks Bobsma,

I didn't speak to anyone, I merely looked at the info on the DJI website .... if what you say is true, why did they not announce this when they wrote all the other blurb about the MPP on their website?

Hence why I don't really believe it's true as there currently does not appear to be anything written about it .
2017-9-14
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Greece

Bigga J Posted at 2017-9-14 02:39
Thanks Bobsma,

I didn't speak to anyone, I merely looked at the info on the DJI website .... if what you say is true, why did they not announce this when they wrote all the other blurb about the MPP on their website?

It could be that they don't really provide any upgrade in terms of specs. Camera specs remain the same, but they may have fixed hardware issues that made original Mavic to have lower image/video quality. If they had gone out with big words on the improvements of the camera quality, it would be like confirming officially the known issues of original Mavic's camera. That's just a speculation of course. Until the new MPP gets in the hands of real users and get a test of the camera quality.
2017-9-14
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jpap Posted at 2017-9-14 04:30
It could be that they don't really provide any upgrade in terms of specs. Camera specs remain the same, but they may have fixed hardware issues that made original Mavic to have lower image/video quality. If they had gone out with big words on the improvements of the camera quality, it would be like confirming officially the known issues of original Mavic's camera. That's just a speculation of course. Until the new MPP gets in the hands of real users and get a test of the camera quality.

Thanks .... so if it is true that the camera has been upgraded in a certain way, will this also be an upgrade on the MP camera via software upgrading?

I'm still not convinced they have done anything to the camera.

Maybe DJI could confirm/deny ?
2017-9-14
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Greece

They have announced maybe more than 10 updates the last months for the Mavic. If they really wanted to realistically improve the image/video they would have achieved it by now.

DJI seems to be silent on the following question:

Was the camera hardware/software on the new MPP improved in any way to produce better quality image/video than MP?  
2017-9-14
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-14
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-14 05:16
I have a qustion about the new Mavic... unfortunately i had to return 2 Mavics because of the infamous right side blurry corner... Anyone has a hands on experience with the Platinum to confirm that this issue has been fixed? i don't know how spread the problem was but lately it seemed to affect almost every drone sold  (I bought the Spark because of that). When I contacted Amazon after the 2nd return they confirmed that they were having many other cases and that the batches that they had were new.

same here.... got a spark after having a Mavic that I returned.
2017-9-14
Use props
Crowflys
New

United States

Any idea when it will be in stock?
2017-9-14
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-15
Use props
DALLASFREAK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1074957 ft
United States

Looks Like new wings and 2 new Hearts for my MAV
2017-9-15
Use props
DALLASFREAK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1074957 ft
United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2017-8-31 10:29
The REAL question - will the old Mavic props work on the Platinum?  lol!

I have 2 new sets for sale LOL
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

H-Bomb99 Posted at 2017-9-13 16:50
Sold out?! When can I buy one?

Have you checked with online store?
2017-9-15
Use props
Flight Mike
lvl.1
United States

I just went to the DJI store and the platinum is backordered. When do you think they will be in stock??
2017-9-15
Use props
Flight Mike
lvl.1
United States

I am a new drone guy and am planing to purchase the Mavic Pro Platinum. Do to my age at 72 my eyes aren't what they used to be. For that reason I would like to purchase a Mac iPad mini to use with my mavic. The cheapest one with the retina screen. Which one would you folks recommend. What information should  know to purchase a Mac iPad mini. Do any of you folks use one and how do you like it.
2017-9-15
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Greece

Flight Mike Posted at 2017-9-15 17:38
I am a new drone guy and am planing to purchase the Mavic Pro Platinum. Do to my age at 72 my eyes aren't what they used to be. For that reason I would like to purchase a Mac iPad mini to use with my mavic. The cheapest one with the retina screen. Which one would you folks recommend. What information should  know to purchase a Mac iPad mini. Do any of you folks use one and how do you like it.

An iPad Mini 4 should work nicely, but you may want to check on a DJI external monitor announced a few months ago. That monitor, is tuned to run DJI GO 4 very smoothly and provides an extreme brightness superior to any iPad. It's called CrystalSky. I haven't used CrystalSky, so can't provide more information from my own experience.
2017-9-15
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-8-31 10:15
If the new battery and the new props do the job ( noise reduction, more flight time ) = $99 , then Why the Platinum body and the RC = $ 1000?

Logically, the price of $ 1,099 is for Mavic pro set + new platinum battery + new platinum props!

You forgot the new ESC's they have put into the Platinum.
2017-9-17
Use props
Flight Mike
lvl.1
United States

I just looked up that monitor and it didn't get very good reviews. Also, it is very expensive. I can get a used iPad mine 2 with a retina display for around $150.00.
2017-9-17
Use props
Flight Mike
lvl.1
United States

jpap Posted at 2017-9-15 23:14
An iPad Mini 4 should work nicely, but you may want to check on a DJI external monitor announced a few months ago. That monitor, is tuned to run DJI GO 4 very smoothly and provides an extreme brightness superior to any iPad. It's called CrystalSky. I haven't used CrystalSky, so can't provide more information from my own experience.

I just looked up that monitor and it didn't get very good reviews. Also, it is very expensive. I can get a used iPad mine 2 with a retina display for around $150.00.
2017-9-17
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, Let's all hope this is true.
2017-9-17
Use props
m15alien
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6878596 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Mountaindrone Posted at 2017-9-13 00:27
Mavic Pro and MP Platinum RC's are compatible

Hi, are you sure? My idea was to sold the Mavic Pro only and buy the Platinum but....
I've spoken to the DJI support and they told me that the Mavic PRO RC is not compatible with the MPP.

2017-9-18
Use props
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

I'm not sure.
I read somewhere (probably on this forum) that every accessories will be compatible
2017-9-18
Use props
m15alien
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6878596 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Mountaindrone Posted at 2017-9-18 08:06
I'm not sure.
I read somewhere (probably on this forum) that every accessories will be compatible

Ok, I think the best thing will be to test it
2017-9-19
Use props
Robofish1
New

United States

Man I wish i could afford them,but sadly i can't They sound amazing!
2017-9-19
Use props
Greg-EastTN
lvl.1
United States

The anticipated ship date of the Mavic Pro Platinum when I placed my order back on 9/4 was 9/25/2017 - What is the ship status now please?
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules