*Introducing DJI Mavic Pro Platinum*
86528 386 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tdiggity
lvl.1
Flight distance : 882976 ft
United States

I looked at both online and since I didn't have either I went looking for the MPP but since it was sold out everywhere I went with the MP. no regrets yet.
2017-9-20
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-8-31 10:15
If the new battery and the new props do the job ( noise reduction, more flight time ) = $99 , then Why the Platinum body and the RC = $ 1000?

Logically, the price of $ 1,099 is for Mavic pro set + new platinum battery + new platinum props!

... new motor controllers - smoother transitions in speed changes due to sinusoidal wave current flow rather than square wave.
2017-9-21
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Landjet Posted at 2017-8-31 08:19
Just wondering about the flight time difference with the props on a Pro.  Does the Platinum have different motors, a little lighter or just  what prevents the Pro from achieving the same performance?

...more efficient motor controllers - sine wave current flow upgraded from square wave.
2017-9-21
Use props
korom5
lvl.1
United States

Flight Mike Posted at 2017-9-15 17:38
I am a new drone guy and am planing to purchase the Mavic Pro Platinum. Do to my age at 72 my eyes aren't what they used to be. For that reason I would like to purchase a Mac iPad mini to use with my mavic. The cheapest one with the retina screen. Which one would you folks recommend. What information should  know to purchase a Mac iPad mini. Do any of you folks use one and how do you like it.

Hi Mike, I have the Ipad mini and love it!  The smartphones screens are too small and a regular Ipad is too big.  The holder for the RC will hold it perfectly, the DJI GO 4 app runs very smooth and you can adjust the screen brightness from the app.  I have been very happy with the mini as the screen.
2017-9-21
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232300 ft
Germany

I also ordered on 9/4, around 5 minutes after I was notified via email by the DJI store that the Platinum is in stock. So I assume I was amongst the first oders ;)

The shop said 9/30, but I'm not sure if that was the shipping date, or the promised arrival date (to Germany in my case).

I hope there won't be any delays, can't wait to fly it ;)
2017-9-21
Use props
rarevfx_officia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

still waiting for the spark sphere feature
2017-9-21
Use props
szurlo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20787 ft
United States

bastosboi Posted at 2017-9-21 12:07
I also ordered on 9/4, around 5 minutes after I was notified via email by the DJI store that the Platinum is in stock. So I assume I was amongst the first oders ;)

The shop said 9/30, but I'm not sure if that was the shipping date, or the promised arrival date (to Germany in my case).

I ordered on 9/4 as well. At the time the store said 9/25 ship date. Now the store says out of stock.  I e-mailed DJI yesterday for my order status and was told the shipping date has now been pushed to 10/18
2017-9-23
Use props
Greg-EastTN
lvl.1
United States

Tdiggity Posted at 2017-9-20 13:10
I looked at both online and since I didn't have either I went looking for the MPP but since it was sold out everywhere I went with the MP. no regrets yet.

Very interesting - I spoke to sales via e-mail on 9/21/17 and received the following response -

We do understand that you want to know the estimated shipping date of your package. We do really want to help you this one. Upon checking the order number XXXXXXX  is now on a process and the estimated shipping date of it will be on or before October 16, 2017.

Please do note that ship out will be base on first come first serve policy. Plus the actual delivery that would take within a 3-5 business for the package to reach your doorstep. Once the order is already shipped you will receive an email for confirmation together with the tracking number.

We apologize for a little delay of your package.  Don't worry the item is available just so happen that the designated warehouse experiencing a high volume of demands. Rest assured that we are doing our best to have this be ship out as soon as possible.

There is a lot we could surmise from this - I'll just stay positive and hope for better results on this promised date than the first date.

Thanks for the response.
2017-9-23
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Germany

Greg-EastTN Posted at 2017-9-23 18:47
Very interesting - I spoke to sales via e-mail on 9/21/17 and received the following response -

We do understand that you want to know the estimated shipping date of your package. We do really want to help you this one. Upon checking the order number XXXXXXX  is now on a process and the estimated shipping date of it will be on or before October 16, 2017.

on which day did you order? 9/4?
2017-9-24
Use props
MAStetz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26316 ft
United States

They consider 3 weeks a little delay??? what the hell thats more of a delay then the original order!!
2017-9-24
Use props
MAStetz
lvl.1
United States

hmmmmm..... with this new ship date delay i might just buy the MP so i can fly around for a couple of weeks then use the 14 day return policy {:4_181:}
2017-9-24
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-31 08:47
Manufacturers have to produce something new to catch new customers, even when they already own the old model.
Look at the iPhone, people have been rushing out for years to buy "old wine in new bottles".
This strategy may also work for DJI with the Mavic Pro Platinum.

... actually its probably new wine in old bottles
2017-9-25
Use props
Greg-EastTN
lvl.1
United States

bastosboi Posted at 2017-9-24 04:07
on which day did you order? 9/4?

Yes - 9/4/2017 @ 9:00 AM, ET
2017-9-25
Use props
Andre K
New
Brazil

Hello. Any chance you can tell me when we will be able to buy Mavic Platinum Fly More on line?
2017-9-25
Use props
MAStetz
lvl.1
United States

Andre K Posted at 2017-9-25 07:17
Hello. Any chance you can tell me when we will be able to buy Mavic Platinum Fly More on line?

Mid to late October
2017-9-25
Use props
bryvale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 475830 ft
United States

I ordered on the 4th. Customer service said they will ship mid to late october. Maybe i receive it time for it to be too cold to fly.
2017-9-25
Use props
MAStetz
lvl.1
United States

So as we all know by now DJI sent out the email of "due to high demand" the shipping of your order has been delayed. so here is a coupon for 50% of a battery for a drone you don't even have! This first order first shipping is all a crock!!! if that was the case then start shipping what you do have.
I don't know, I just might throw the towel in on this one and cancel my order. I'm not about to wait LONGER than the wait from the original order longer flight quieter flight, and another month wait +$100 so not worth it.
2017-9-25
Use props
fans79721f19
New
Nigeria

Guys, please will the Platinum battery extend the flight time of the Mavic to 30mins?  also are the motors of the Platium an upgrade in terms of power compared to the mavic?
2017-9-25
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MAStetz Posted at 2017-9-24 07:32
They consider 3 weeks a little delay??? what the hell thats more of a delay then the original order!!

The original Mavic Pro launched on 27 Sept 2016 - some people didn't get their order for 3 months, not weeks! I wouldn't hold your breath on mid October too...
2017-9-25
Use props
fans169da729
lvl.1
United States

Cancelled my order.
2017-9-25
Use props
MAStetz
lvl.1
United States

fans79721f19 Posted at 2017-9-25 08:11
Guys, please will the Platinum battery extend the flight time of the Mavic to 30mins?  also are the motors of the Platium an upgrade in terms of power compared to the mavic?

No! there is plenty of info that states the upgrade info for the platinums
2017-9-25
Use props
MAStetz
lvl.1
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-9-25 09:11
The original Mavic Pro launched on 27 Sept 2016 - some people didn't get their order for 3 months, not weeks! I wouldn't hold your breath on mid October too...

I'm not holding my breath i have cancelled my order and bought a 3 battery fly more Mavic pro combo from Amazon w/ a refurbished iPad mini 2  for $10 more USD
2017-9-25
Use props
MAStetz
lvl.1
United States

I also have cancelled
2017-9-25
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MAStetz Posted at 2017-9-25 10:25
I'm not holding my breath i have cancelled my order and bought a 3 battery fly more Mavic pro combo from Amazon w/ a refurbished iPad mini 2  for $10 more USD

Great deal - iPad M2 for a tenner and a Mavic now or a Mavic with a paint job and 3 month wait... Yeah, I think you made the right decision!
2017-9-25
Use props
MAStetz
lvl.1
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-9-25 10:43
Great deal - iPad M2 for a tenner and a Mavic now or a Mavic with a paint job and 3 month wait... Yeah, I think you made the right decision!

Damn skippy! the first wait period i spent getting my FAA part 107 (USA) got that and cant use it ah hell no I'm getting me a drone and like NOW! I'll be flying this weekend. Although with my part 107 i could legally throw a paper airplane of a bridge lol.....
2017-9-25
Use props
MAStetz
lvl.1
United States

Tdiggity Posted at 2017-9-20 13:10

Great choice!
2017-9-25
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Germany

This is what I got from DJI Sales:

Since Mavic Pro Platinum’s unveiling, we’ve had amazingly high global demand. However, because of this, the shipping date of your order will be delayed and will be shipped out around mid-to-late of October.

The delay on your order is caused by the volume of demand for the Mavic Pro Platinum. Please be reminded that we cannot guarantee the estimated shipping time at the moment.

You will receive an email confirmation including the tracking number after your order has been shipped out. Delivery usually takes 3-5 business days after shipment.

2017-9-25
Use props
MAStetz
lvl.1
United States

bastosboi Posted at 2017-9-25 11:36
This is what I got from DJI Sales:

[view_image]

didn't you get the part about "here's your code for 50% off a battery please use by christmas" ?
I got that but i also ordered the fly more combo
2017-9-25
Use props
szurlo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20787 ft
United States

MAStetz Posted at 2017-9-25 12:15
didn't you get the part about "here's your code for 50% off a battery please use by christmas" ?

Except the batteries are out of stock as well ....
2017-9-25
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

half month delay isn’t anything close to little.
2017-9-25
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MAStetz Posted at 2017-9-24 07:32

Like the original Mavic launched last year... thats a little delay.  In DJI sense, 2-3 weeks delay is little and 2-3 months is for real.
2017-9-25
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MAStetz Posted at 2017-9-24 07:47
hmmmmm..... with this new ship date delay i might just buy the MP so i can fly around for a couple of weeks then use the 14 day return policy {:4_181:}

smart choice
2017-9-25
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MAStetz Posted at 2017-9-25 07:58
So as we all know by now DJI sent out the email of "due to high demand" the shipping of your order has been delayed. so here is a coupon for 50% of a battery for a drone you don't even have! This first order first shipping is all a crock!!! if that was the case then start shipping what you do have.
I don't know, I just might throw the towel in on this one and cancel my order. I'm not about to wait LONGER than the wait from the original order longer flight quieter flight, and another month wait +$100 so not worth it.

This Platinum cost a USD100 more and look exactly same as Mavic, and it is sold out due to high demand?  I don’t buy that!  
2017-9-25
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MAStetz Posted at 2017-9-25 07:58

Lucky I didn’t order this time.  This Platinum cost a USD100 more and look exactly same as Mavic, and it is sold out due to high demand?  I don’t buy that!  
2017-9-25
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Germany

MAStetz Posted at 2017-9-25 12:15

no, I did not get the 50% discount offer for battery.
Update: I have now received the discount mail, but in a second email, one day after the announcement of the delay.
2017-9-25
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Germany

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-9-25 18:31
Lucky I didn’t order this time.  This Platinum cost a USD100 more and look exactly same as Mavic, and it is sold out due to high demand?  I don’t buy that!

Many might have been on the fence already after seeing such great drone footage from the Mavic over the past months, but felt late to the game and waited for a 2nd gen Mavic. Now this "facelift" or Mavic 1.5 made them pull the trigger, since DJI has no real competition in this field of foldable/portable drones with appropriate video quality. The publich doesn't know when the real Mavic 2 will be released. There certainly is no immediate time pressure for DJI.
Others might upgrade from a Spark.

Others want to get an X-Mas present.

For some, the noise reduction alone might be worth it (don't only look at decibels, but the less "penetration" by cutting out the higher frequencies), since they want to take care of their surroundings... I think the high demand makes sense.

2017-9-25
Use props
1badchocobo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75272 ft
United States

bastosboi Posted at 2017-9-25 22:13
Many might have been on the fence already after seeing such great drone footage from the Mavic over the past months, but felt late to the game and waited for a 2nd gen Mavic. Now this "facelift" or Mavic 1.5 made them pull the trigger, since DJI has no real competition in this field of foldable/portable drones with appropriate video quality. The publich doesn't know when the real Mavic 2 will be released. There certainly is no immediate time pressure for DJI.
Others might upgrade from a Spark.

I am going to get the platinum. I just hope all of the bugs the first one had are ironed out. I do love my mavic but had to send it for warranty a few times..  I was interested in a backup spare mavic for my travels to carry two with me at all times. Then I hear of the platinum.. Looks good My main concern was buying a new 2nd mavic pro but old batch with possible bug. Looks like i will wait for my order.. patiently :S Ironically my current mavic is sent for warranty again okay as long as it works hehe..
2017-9-26
Use props
MAStetz
lvl.1
United States

1badchocobo Posted at 2017-9-26 14:34
I am going to get the platinum. I just hope all of the bugs the first one had are ironed out. I do love my mavic but had to send it for warranty a few times..  I was interested in a backup spare mavic for my travels to carry two with me at all times. Then I hear of the platinum.. Looks good  My main concern was buying a new 2nd mavic pro but old batch with possible bug. Looks like i will wait for my order.. patiently :S Ironically my current mavic is sent for warranty again  okay as long as it works hehe..

I feel ya, but my passion is photography and I'm not gonna miss out on the fall foliage that's why I gave up my platinum order and went with the pro. My goal now is to wait out the next p4p release and pick one of those up on the el-cheapo a far superior camera on that.
2017-9-26
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Germany

1badchocobo Posted at 2017-9-26 14:34
I am going to get the platinum. I just hope all of the bugs the first one had are ironed out. I do love my mavic but had to send it for warranty a few times..  I was interested in a backup spare mavic for my travels to carry two with me at all times. Then I hear of the platinum.. Looks good  My main concern was buying a new 2nd mavic pro but old batch with possible bug. Looks like i will wait for my order.. patiently :S Ironically my current mavic is sent for warranty again  okay as long as it works hehe..

What were your warranty issues with the Mavic Pro?
2017-9-26
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules