New

Indonesia

Wonderfull drone
2017-9-27
Use props
Fozzaton
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm quite surprised not to see any reviews or talk on the web about the Platinum by now. Initially the website said they would ship on the 25th so some people should have them by now.
Nothing on my google alerts about new reviews or videos.

Have placed a pre order on UK amazon so who knows when it will be in stock but hoping to take it on holiday mid October

Does anybody have any good news/reviews sites showing the Platinum? I'm really interested in whether they have fixed the camera issue on the original mavic. Otherwise noise doesn't bother me that much I will go for the original
2017-9-30
Use props
MAStetz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26316 ft
United States

Fozzaton Posted at 2017-9-30 08:52
I'm quite surprised not to see any reviews or talk on the web about the Platinum by now. Initially the website said they would ship on the 25th so some people should have them by now.
Nothing on my google alerts about new reviews or videos.

It’s the same camera system and there has been no reviews because DJI has delayed shipping to mid to late October
2017-9-30
Use props
Fozzaton
lvl.1
United Kingdom

MAStetz Posted at 2017-9-30 19:24
It’s the same camera system and there has been no reviews because DJI has delayed shipping to mid to late October

I thought we had seen a confirmation that the furry corner issue on the pro  had been solved in the new drone via a hardware update ??
2017-10-1
Use props
Fozzaton
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fozzaton Posted at 2017-10-1 02:28
I thought we had seen a confirmation that the furry corner issue on the pro  had been solved in the new drone via a hardware update ??

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 91&page=2#pid937396

I think one big difference which DJI has not stated here but the Propulsion Guru for DJI (Dr. Turbo) has confirmed on RCG is that the new Platinum version along with what was mentioned, now indeed does have a usable 1080 60FPS. So they have changed the hardware somewhere to get rid of the Binning and gave the most requested feature since the MP was debuted.Many didn't buy the Mavic because of this limitation, wheter it is worth upgrading is up to you, but on all my other DJI products I use 1080 60 exclusively.
2017-10-1
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like they are beginning to ship the MPP? My credit card just got charged. Ordered on 9/4 when it went online.
2017-10-1
Use props
Fozzaton
lvl.1

Outie Posted at 2017-10-1 21:04
Looks like they are beginning to ship the MPP? My credit card just got charged. Ordered on 9/4 when it went online.

Woohoo !

Outie keep us updated mate, if they ship yours out now we might really be on target for a mid to late October shipping for the rest of us !
2017-10-2
Use props
Loki914
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24800 ft
United States

Just got an email stating that my MPP should ship in 1 to 3 business days!!!
2017-10-2
Use props
Danblell
New
Flight distance : 19413 ft
United States

Ordered mine in mid september from multicopterwarehouse.  Hoping they get them soon also.
2017-10-2
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

... evidently things are moving in the production pipeline - just took delivery of 2 new Mavic Pro Platinum batteries, (from a UK based DJI warehouse).
2017-10-2
Use props
Sanchezjav
New
United States

I was also charged this Saturday and I also ordered on 2017-09-04 17:57:40 (UTC). Here is to hoping for a quick delivery
2017-10-2
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.2
United States

This (Mavic Platinum) looks like a real winner ,Just wish I had a real reason to upgrade from my P3A which has been flawless in it's performance.
Not to mention not having the cash to spend. I sure am looking forward to checking this bird out when I can. Excellent job with this one DJI!
2017-10-2
Use props
fans76920c20
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dave Kent Posted at 2017-10-2 11:20
This (Mavic Platinum) looks like a real winner ,Just wish I had a real reason to upgrade from my P3A which has been flawless in it's performance.
Not to mention not having the cash to spend. I sure am looking forward to checking this bird out when I can. Excellent job with this one DJI!

I received an email from B and H Hobby stating they couldn't give me  a date for shipping yet, but I only ordered mine a week and half ago.....
2017-10-4
Use props
MPP Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Then you are the first lucky one. Ordered right away on Setp 4th, and order still state shipping pending. When contacted about this, DJI support told me that the MPP will not be shipped at least until late Oct, which I found totally unacceptable.
2017-10-4
Use props
fans07ae46cb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288773 ft
Australia

When is it going to be released to dealers like Carolina Dronz?
2017-10-4
Use props
fans07ae46cb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288773 ft
Australia

When will dealers like Carolina Dronz get it?
2017-10-4
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MPP Pilot Posted at 2017-10-4 10:58
Then you are the first lucky one. Ordered right away on Setp 4th, and order still state shipping pending. When contacted about this, DJI support told me that the MPP will not be shipped at least until late Oct, which I found totally unacceptable.

Yep confirm. I have exact same situation. No email at all.
2017-10-4
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232300 ft
Germany

Same for me. Ordered immediately after I got the email notification from the DJI store, but have not gotten any notice about shipment yet.
2017-10-4
Use props
Scuba Mavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27677 ft
United Kingdom

I pre-ordered mine a few weeks ago in UK and was informed that they where releasing 30th Sept for shipping but due to Chinese holiday which is the whole 1st week of Oct there would be a delay in shipping.
My estimated delivery is around end Oct which I'm counting down each day.
My google where delivered last week (amazing googles) and spare Platinum battery being delivered Monday.
So I just have the Platinum Fly more combo and 2 sets of extra props on pre order now. My first Mavic so cannot wait.
2017-10-6
Use props
MPP Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Scuba Mavic Posted at 2017-10-6 06:10
I pre-ordered mine a few weeks ago in UK and was informed that they where releasing 30th Sept for shipping but due to Chinese holiday which is the whole 1st week of Oct there would be a delay in shipping.
My estimated delivery is around end Oct which I'm counting down each day.
My google where delivered last week (amazing googles) and spare Platinum battery being delivered Monday.

This will be my first Mavic as well. Hopefully not a lemon and everything will works as expected out of the box too! Like you, I am counting the days!
2017-10-6
Use props
geordie81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14409554 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I ordered my MPP from a uk based camera store (WEX photographic) but they have no idea of when the mavic will even ship, using google and other methods its guestimated that it wont be until the end of October for me, Im going travelling for 3 months but not till december so there is time for me yet, although i want to fly that beautiful little bird...
2017-10-7
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is October 6 and still no Platinum, what is going on DJI?
2017-10-7
Use props
Greg-EastTN
lvl.1
United States

DJI Policy says that they charge the credit card before the "Approval" for the charge expires - In most cases this is about a month - My card was charged over a week ago as well - Last I was advised by DJI on my early order is as follows - "is now on a process and the estimated shipping date of it will be on or before October 16, 2017."
2017-10-7
Use props
MaleBuffy
lvl.1
Greece

The thing that worries me is that no distributor has got the new Mavic. If the delay was due to popular demand they would ship the first batch and the second would be delayed. But fact is that they didnt even ship the First one, which indicates production hasnt even started. Its not like they wait to produce every single one order and then ship them all together... Something is fishy here...
2017-10-8
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

I think DJI should put out an official announcement with an indication of what their distribution plan is ... i.e. 'first-come-first-served', or by location, or by supply chain (re-sellers etc.). When the first shipping date was 30th Sept. and that has past, while I appreciate the 50% discount offer on a single battery, DJI are still in credit to me for over a 1300 GBP ... but I'm holding out for the release as I don't want to cancel the order if it is 'just around the corner' - then reorder but be placed at the back of the queue.
2017-10-8
Use props
Loki914
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24800 ft
United States

Loki914 Posted at 2017-10-2 06:13
Just got an email stating that my MPP should ship in 1 to 3 business days!!!

Still nothing... looks like it's going to be a long wait.
2017-10-9
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-27 07:24
Check the right corner on your Mavic footage... had to return two units because of the camera issue that DJI falls to recognize (in my belief they should have issued a formal recall).

You will need to use a high definition screen and shoot in 4K (check YouTube for the issues).

Cool avatar !   
2017-10-9
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MaleBuffy Posted at 2017-10-8 03:16
The thing that worries me is that no distributor has got the new Mavic. If the delay was due to popular demand they would ship the first batch and the second would be delayed. But fact is that they didnt even ship the First one, which indicates production hasnt even started. Its not like they wait to produce every single one order and then ship them all together... Something is fishy here...

Yes no distributor has Platinum yet, but they all receive the props and battery of Platinum already.  So probably not too long wait for Platinum to be available.
2017-10-9
Use props
ardian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 455197 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still Waiting........................................................................
2017-10-9
Use props
fansf025aff0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 375548 ft
United Kingdom

iv pre ordered the mpp fly more package from jessops in the UK and they are still unsure about delivery but the thing is i don't think Dji would ship the first batch till the second is half way ready to continue supply and that's why they are nit accepting pre orders on their site especially with Xmas coming up they should be gearing up for some huge orders. I'm not saying it's a good excuse for delaying their shopping date but it's just my guess
2017-10-9
Use props
MaleBuffy
lvl.1
Greece

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-10-9 19:29
Yes no distributor has Platinum yet, but they all receive the props and battery of Platinum already.  So probably not too long wait for Platinum to be available.

New Battery is just changing the color of the plastic pellets...

Props is also a process of injection molding, not comparable with assembly of an entire drone.

2017-10-10
Use props
MaleBuffy
lvl.1
Greece

Just got an update email from Conrad in Switzerland. New date in about 3 weeks...
2017-10-10
Use props
Dewey3
lvl.2
United States

MaleBuffy Posted at 2017-10-10 12:44
Just got an update email from Conrad in Switzerland. New date in about 3 weeks...

New date in about 3 weeks...

Hmm, is that they will give a new date in about 3 weeks, or the new projected shipping date is about 3 weeks?  
2017-10-10
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Dewey3 Posted at 2017-10-10 14:14

Hmm, is that they will give a new date in about 3 weeks, or the new projected shipping date is about 3 weeks?

I ordered thru my local dealer this week, and he said Platinum will be in stock next week.
2017-10-10
Use props
MaleBuffy
lvl.1
Greece

Dewey3 Posted at 2017-10-10 14:14

Delivery in 3 weeks but it was in "2 weeks" before that. So it basically is worth nothing.

Nobody from DJI here joins us to say a few words...is also a disappointment. I feel it will be more that 3 weeks if DJI is also silent on the matter.
2017-10-10
Use props
zuzumuzu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82083 ft
Austria

Hopefully they fixed the 1080p issue so its worth waiting...
2017-10-11
Use props
MaleBuffy
lvl.1
Greece

zuzumuzu Posted at 2017-10-11 01:53
Hopefully they fixed the 1080p issue so its worth waiting...

That's the only thing that keeps me from buying a Mavic Pro. I also hope this is fixed like stated in this forum.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules