Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
*Introducing DJI Mavic Pro Platinum*
85658 388 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bernardren07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

can i know if mavic platinum battery can use for mavic pro?
2017-10-21
Use props
Justin Butera
New

Canada

How agile is the drone in trees? I want to buy this drone set up for filming in mountain bike trails and was wondering how well / safely the drone will be able to follow a rider while in trees?
2017-10-21
Use props
djiuser_OS4PqSp
lvl.1

Germany

Justin Butera Posted at 2017-10-21 12:34
How agile is the drone in trees? I want to buy this drone set up for filming in mountain bike trails and was wondering how well / safely the drone will be able to follow a rider while in trees?

The Mavic can not follow a rider through a forrest. There are numerous videos on youtube that show the Mavic crash into trees. It does‘t have obstacle avoidance to the sides or above.
But even a DJI Inspire drone will not be able to follow a fast MTB rider through a dense forrest all by itself. This requires carefull planning and skilled operators.
2017-10-21
Use props
djiuser_OS4PqSp
lvl.1

Germany

Justin Butera Posted at 2017-10-21 12:34

The Mavic can not follow a rider through a forrest. There are numerous videos on youtube that show the Mavic crash into trees. It does‘t have obstacle avoidance to the sides or above.
But even a DJI Inspire drone will not be able to follow a fast MTB rider through a dense forrest all by itself. This requires carefull planning and skilled operators.
2017-10-21
Use props
gleeco
lvl.1
United States

Dewey3 Posted at 2017-10-21 07:33
Have you seen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3-sIt_mezQ ?

I guess that is good that they have the fly-more combos.  I stand corrected.
2017-10-21
Use props
theothernt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-10-21 10:06
can i know if mavic platinum battery can use for mavic pro?

The Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum batteries are exactly the same, except for the colour.
2017-10-22
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

theothernt Posted at 2017-10-22 04:03
The Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum batteries are exactly the same, except for the colour.

ok sure no problem. thank you alot.
2017-10-22
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

I would have though what owners want from an upgraded Mavic is a higher bit rate video (the compression is baaaad), a gimbal that is actually level after moving the craft side to side, rock solid software/firmware stability, and less big brother from DJI apps and software.

Fancy new colours and new props were probably somewhere way down the list. Not that the 30mins flying time is to be scoffed at.

Miss my little Mavic, but I think I'll wait for a more significant update before buying again.
2017-10-22
Use props
gleeco
lvl.1
United States

OK.   Ordered on 9/7...still waiting for my shipped mail.   So frustrating!
2017-10-24
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

Ordered morning of 10.17.17, shipped 10.23.17, delivery via FedEx 10.27.17 (this Friday).  I ordered just the MPP vs combo.  
2017-10-24
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

It's pretty outrageous new orders going out ahead of older orders - what are we supposed to do,  cancel the original order and reorder upon receipt of the original payment?
2017-10-24
Use props
fans9bc52d2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

is this just the same gimbal and camera as the MP? I ask because I have returned 2 MPs for faulty gimbals!
2017-10-24
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
United States

From the unboxing reviews, the gimbal has been upgraded w/new chip (has red sticker on camera vs yellow on MP.  I’ll be doing a side by side comparison before I sell my MP.
2017-10-24
Use props
gleeco
lvl.1
United States

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2017-10-24 09:04
It's pretty outrageous new orders going out ahead of older orders - what are we supposed to do,  cancel the original order and reorder upon receipt of the original payment?

Yeah that is super frustrating.   Is there an admin on the forum who can look into that?
2017-10-24
Use props
fans76920c20
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ordered the combo MPP through DJI on 10/17, my account was debited until today, now shows money back in account?....this looks like its going to be a long wait? I also ordered through B &H mid Sept, but keep getting out of stock notices....
2017-10-24
Use props
gleeco
lvl.1
United States

gleeco Posted at 2017-10-24 11:12
Yeah that is super frustrating.   Is there an admin on the forum who can look into that?

Order 0018989421050 BTW, if anyone from DJI is reading this.   I chatted with someone from Support today (again) and got a similar answer as the last few days - that the status is Pick and Place which I gather means that the order is at the warehouse and they are just waiting to put it in a box.   It has been at that status since at least Friday of last week.
2017-10-24
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46283 ft
United States

JaseRicco Posted at 2017-8-31 08:28
IMO, total miss...$100 price increase for 3 min more of flight time, a new color, and quitter flight on an already pretty quiet drone?? Take the $100 and get another battery for the Mavic Pro. SMH

I'm with you JaseRicco if I already owned a Mavic Pro.

However, its a personal decision.  For those that have a MP it would be easier to just get the new props and buy a new battery for $100.00.  Unless you're ready to plunk down $1099.99 for the new MPP.  On the other hand if one is purchasing a Mavic for the first time than the decision gets a little harder cause one has more choices.  For example you can purchase a new MPP bundle for $1299.00 or you can purchase a MP bundle with twice to three times the accessories for the same $1299.00.  Or you can get an almost new MP for a great price from some one who purchased it before the announcement of the MPP and  is now looking sell and upgrade to the MPP.  Or you can get a brand new MP from a retailer that has dropped the price and has the MP on sale.   Decisions are fun as long as you make a well informed decision that fits your budget, your needs and life style and most important you are going to be happy with.  
2017-10-25
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

IMO, total miss...$100 price increase for 3 min more of flight time, a new color, and quitter flight on an already pretty quiet drone?? Take the $100 and get another battery for the Mavic Pro. SMH

However, its a personal decision.  For those that have a MP it would be easier to just get the new props and buy a new battery for $100.00.  Unless you're ready to plunk down $1099.99 for the new MPP.  On the other hand if one is purchasing a Mavic for the first time than the decision gets a little harder cause one has more choices.  For example you can purchase a new MPP bundle for $1299.00 or you can purchase a MP bundle with twice to three times the accessories for the same $1299.00.  Or you can get an almost new MP for a great price from some one who purchased it before the announcement of the MPP and  is now looking sell and upgrade to the MPP.  Or you can get a brand new MP from a retailer that has dropped the price and has the MP on sale.   Decisions are fun as long as you make a well informed decision that fits your budget, your needs and life style and most important you are going to be happy with.  
2017-10-25
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

However, its a personal decision.  For those that have a MP it would be easier to just get the new props and buy a new battery for $100.00.  Unless you're ready to plunk down $1099.99 for the new MPP.  On the other hand if one is purchasing a Mavic for the first time than the decision gets a little harder cause one has more choices.  For example you can purchase a new MPP bundle for $1299.00 or you can purchase a MP bundle with twice to three times the accessories for the same $1299.00.  Or you can get an almost new MP for a great price from some one who purchased it before the announcement of the MPP and  is now looking sell and upgrade.  Or you can get a brand new MP from a retailer that has dropped the price and has the MP on sale.   Decisions are fun as long as you make a well informed decision that fits your budget, your needs and life style and most important you are going to be happy with.  
2017-10-25
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2017-8-31 10:29
The REAL question - will the old Mavic props work on the Platinum?  lol!

From what I read, the parts are interchangeable.  The question is, why would some one do that?  It would be like throwing an Volkswagen engine into a Porsche Turbo Carrera.   
2017-10-25
Use props
fans76920c20
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Silver Surfer Posted at 2017-10-25 15:44

However, its a personal decision.  For those that have a MP it would be easier to just get the new props and buy a new battery for $100.00.  Unless you're ready to plunk down $1099.99 for the new MPP.  On the other hand if one is purchasing a Mavic for the first time than the decision gets a little harder cause one has more choices.  For example you can purchase a new MPP bundle for $1299.00 or you can purchase a MP bundle with twice to three times the accessories for the same $1299.00.  Or you can get an almost new MP for a great price from some one who purchased it before the announcement of the MPP and  is now looking sell and upgrade.  Or you can get a brand new MP from a retailer that has dropped the price and has the MP on sale.   Decisions are fun as long as you make a well informed decision that fits your budget, your needs and life style and most important you are going to be happy with.

Where can you purchase the MPP Bundle for 1299? The best Ive seen is 1399 USD
2017-10-25
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

fans76920c20 Posted at 2017-10-25 16:20
Where can you purchase the MPP Bundle for 1299? The best Ive seen is 1399 USD

My bad, I meant $1399.99...  I should know better because I am waiting on my order.  DJI said it will ship
sometime first week of November.  Will see.   Thanks for the correction.  It was a typo on my part but one can get the jist of the message.
2017-10-25
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
United States

fans76920c20 Posted at 2017-10-24 16:46
Ordered the combo MPP through DJI on 10/17, my account was debited until today, now shows money back in account?....this looks like its going to be a long wait? I also ordered through B &H mid Sept, but keep getting out of stock notices....

I ordered mine through Amazon, great service here in the Western States.
2017-10-25
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Silver Surfer Posted at 2017-10-25 15:58
From what I read, the parts are interchangeable.  The question is, why would some one do that?  It would be like throwing an Volkswagen engine into a Porsche Turbo Carrera.

Jokes. I've got jokes....
2017-10-25
Use props
fansd2c0f66c
New
Flight distance : 11562 ft
United States

Will my Samsung S8 connect to the controller for the Magic Platinum? Samsung has changed the charging port.
2017-10-26
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

MavicMule Posted at 2017-10-25 19:07
I ordered mine through Amazon, great service here in the Western States.

Yeap, Amazon is the way to go.  They will not charge your credit card until the order has been shipped and or delivered.   DJI charged my credit card like 3 days after the FOP had been accepted.  I am still waiting for them to ship my MPP.  Hopefully within the next 7 days.  
2017-10-26
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
United States

Silver Surfer Posted at 2017-10-26 09:50
Yeap, Amazon is the way to go.  They will not charge your credit card until the order has been shipped and or delivered.   DJI charged my credit card like 3 days after the FOP had been accepted.  I am still waiting for them to ship my MPP.  Hopefully within the next 7 days.

It arrived today, one day early, and mfg date was Sunday October 8 2017.   Package said shipped from Cerritos CA, which is same state as mine.  Now to start the side by side comparison w/ original MP.  Super stoked w/the entire ordering process.
2017-10-26
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

fansd2c0f66c Posted at 2017-10-26 08:54
Will my Samsung S8 connect to the controller for the Magic Platinum? Samsung has changed the charging port.

Yes it will. They give you a USB-C RC cable in the package.
2017-10-26
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

MavicMule Posted at 2017-10-26 14:42
It arrived today, one day early, and mfg date was Sunday October 8 2017.   Package said shipped from Cerritos CA, which is same state as mine.  Now to start the side by side comparison w/ original MP.  Super stoked w/the entire ordering process.

Congratulations on receiving your MPP!
2017-10-27
Use props
BillKathr1
New
Flight distance : 11562 ft
United States

Thanks AEM74. I've already ordered then thought about my phone.
2017-10-27
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

I went to buy the new props for the 10 dollars price here, postage was 35 dollars
2017-10-28
Use props
Deankoe
lvl.1

United States

I ordered my MPP Fly More from VeryDrone.com.  Very responsive guy and answers every email no matter how many times I ask him when it’s coming!  LOL.  DJI doesn’t tell them much at all. I emailed DJI store to ask when dealers would be shipped.  They said they didn’t know.  Contact someone at DJI.  I said huh?  Then referred to an email of sales@DJI.com.  He replied to contact my dealer.  I told him that would be great if you would give him any info?  He said, contact your deale for more info. They answer about one out of three emails.  How can they not have an estimated ship date for their dealers?  Impossible company.
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Deankoe Posted at 2017-10-29 23:11
I ordered my MPP Fly More from VeryDrone.com.  Very responsive guy and answers every email no matter how many times I ask him when it’s coming!  LOL.  DJI doesn’t tell them much at all. I emailed DJI store to ask when dealers would be shipped.  They said they didn’t know.  Contact someone at DJI.  I said huh?  Then referred to an email of .  He replied to contact my dealer.  I told him that would be great if you would give him any info?  He said, contact your deale for more info. They answer about one out of three emails.  How can they not have an estimated ship date for their dealers?  Impossible company.

Sorry for the unpleasant experience with our customer service.
If you placed the order from dealer, it would be better to contact dealer since sales team only supports dealer.
The team who supports to end user is Online Sales team, sorry for the confusion.
We apologize again for the trouble caused, hope you will receive the drone soon.
2017-10-30
Use props
fans9cff7728
New
United States

Where O Where is the Mavic Pro Platinum - Been waiting 2 months now.  It's all well and good to introduce something new - but goog gosh, don't do it before you've en made them.  Be honest with your customers -tell us when we'll actually receive our orders.
2017-10-30
Use props
Deankoe
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-30 04:02
If you placed the order from dealer, it would be better to contact dealer since sales team only supports dealer.
The team who supports to end user is Online Sales team, sorry for the confusion.

Wow....that’s a great response!  You  tell me to do the same thing I’ve already done. I ordered on 09-31 and at that time the dealer said it was “a couple of weeks”’ but that DJI isn’t always reliable on dates.  He’s had no update since then.  It’s hard to imagine a company wouldn’t have at least a tentative schedule to go by?  One you can update as necessary.  You mean you just wake up one morning and say, “hey, let’s ship some MPPs to VeryDrone today”. And ten days later they show up.  I’m new to drones, but learning quickly about DJI reputation.  
2017-10-30
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-30 04:02

I placed my order on DJI's website on Sept. 11.  I was told by DJI a couple weeks later that my order would ship in "late October". Late October has now come and gone and I've still got no indication that my order is actually coming.  This is absolutely unacceptable and beyond frustrating, especially because DJI has already charged my card.  So they've just been keeping my money while I sit here with nothing.  WTF?? WHAT IS GOING ON DJI????
2017-10-31
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232300 ft
Germany

Same for me. I should've put that money into bitcoin instead of to DJI's pocket.. would've made me a nice return until now. damn.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

robotfist Posted at 2017-10-31 22:16
I placed my order on DJI's website on Sept. 11.  I was told by DJI a couple weeks later that my order would ship in "late October". Late October has now come and gone and I've still got no indication that my order is actually coming.  This is absolutely unacceptable and beyond frustrating, especially because DJI has already charged my card.  So they've just been keeping my money while I sit here with nothing.  WTF?? WHAT IS GOING ON DJI????

Hi, Sir, sorry to have kept you waiting, your drone has been shipped and it is on the way, hope you will receive it soon.
2017-11-2
Use props
Ozzziee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77057 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-2 01:28
Hi, Sir, sorry to have kept you waiting, your drone has been shipped and it is on the way, hope you will receive it soon.

Any info on orders for Australia.

We can't even order while for other countries there is a delay. Why so much hate for Australia??
2017-11-2
Use props
kirkrob
lvl.1
United States

So if you complain on this forum about not receiving your MPP backorder, some DJI admin gets your order pushed through? Is that how it work, whomever screams the loudest gets it first?
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules