Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

danybd Posted at 2017-9-3 01:24
In my opinion we will get the noise reduction for our MP with the new props. I don´t think that the new ESCs (and new motors?) reduce the noise but improve the performance (the 3 more minutes).

When I said nise redution is amazing, some comments said NO.

What about if I say that the new "ESCs" are also reasons for both noise reduction and the extra 3 minutes?! Because they organizes power and provides the props with actual power needed to save power when you push the power stick to full which means before the new "ESCs" there was waste of.

Now some will ask me how did I know?

The answer will let to headache!
2017-9-3
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I do not understand why DJI announces new product when it will not be available for purchase for months. Why not release when stock is made available
2017-9-3
Use props
djiuser_Q3md1Un
New

Canada

Yeah I'm not happy. Just bought a mavic last week. Now this. So can our mavic pros be upgraded with the new esc's???
2017-9-3
Use props
Sircoynie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170676 ft
United Kingdom

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2017-9-1 04:57
The Mavic Pro Platinum should be availabe mid - late September for order.  The batteries are the same and interchangeable with the MP.  You may use the MPP props on the MP.  As far as differences, the props, the escs, the hardware for the camera allowing usable 1080P 60FP and of cource the color.  I hope this clears up the questions for everyone that doesn't read the thread.

Hang on a second! I spoke with a DJI rep on Chat on Saturday as I had recently purchased a Mavic Pro concerning the camera (Jeffrey his name was, I have a screen shot for my records) and asked about the camera as I wanted to know what the issue was with my new MP and at no point did he mention that this was a known issue that wasn't going to be fixed and just went through the settings etc (I thought it was me)!!

I also asked about the Platinum Feature set and what was upgraded etc as I was within my 14 days return policy, the camera was not mentioned (ability to use props and ESC was)!

What the hell type of mixed messaging is going on?
2017-9-3
Use props
Mavic Marauder
lvl.1
United States

How i missed the release and  a chance to snatch up these props are beyond me.  All these BS youtubers i been watching didnt have a clue this was dropping?
2017-9-3
Use props
doeboynmek
New

United States

So excited!
2017-9-3
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-4
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

I just ordered mine!
2017-9-4
Use props
Gr33n13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30935 ft
Netherlands

Will the "8331" props become available (or in some other design) for the Spark.

Less noise the better.
2017-9-4
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Mcflying Posted at 2017-8-31 13:26
With all respect,....this update can hardly be called an upgrade and to launche it on a "new" product?

I'll  buy the new blades,...and they can keep the extra flight minutes.

My thoughts exactly.

My MP is less than a month old. The MP Platinum version seems to be a host of hardware updates some of which seem good (new blades/Props) otherwise any other updates to flight performance and camera updates are handled by the software updates that we all get anyway!

I don't think the MP is overly noisy as it is. I think the best thing is a slight increase in flight time.
2017-9-4
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-8-31 14:41
You are all get it wrong. The new Platinum is not for you all who currently own a Mavic. The current Mavic is discontinued and will last with current stock. Similar to Phantom 4 that you can hardly get one. So if you damage out of warranty Mavic and still love it you can get the new Paltinum and use all previous Mavic accessories.

I think you are right however, where does it state the MP is discontinued?
2017-9-4
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-9-1 13:35
Whatch the difference between Mavic Pro & Mavic Pro Platium in this video. The both aircrafts face to face!  Noise reduction is amazing.

DJI MP VS MPP

Well I have watched this twice with the volume turned up to the max on headphones and find it difficult to hear a huge difference.

I think the slight increase in flight time is far more important than the noise level. It's not the most noisy drone I have heard.
2017-9-4
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It is galling to think I paid out for the fly more combo MP just a few weeks ago and I asked the well known, large RC retailer if any upgrades are due. I know the guy who works at the retailer and was stood with him before laying out over a grand.

He told me the MP would not be upgraded and no news was fourth coming from DJI. Now I know many of you will say the retailer needs to sell off his stock and I asked for a discount to which his reply was that DJI set the price and the retailers are not allowed to discount.!! I don't really believe this.

While I am happy with the MP it would have been nice to know the MPP was coming out ... if the waiting list was 3 to 4 months then I don't mind paying out on the MP.

Begs the question as to whether DJI actually inform the dealers when new models are coming out.
2017-9-4
Use props
Greg-EastTN
lvl.1
United States

There's a lot of commentary here about spending an additional $100 for the Platinum Mavic.  I just got mine on order this morning after giving a bit of thought to which version would be best. Consider this - If the original Mavic Pro provided 27 Minutes of flight for $1,000 and the Platinum version provides 30 minutes of flight for $1,100 then the cost per minutes breaks down as follows - $1,000 / 27 = ($37.04) / minute while the Platinum version is $1,100 / 30 = $36.67 - The Platinum is actually a bit cheaper to fly than the original.  And DJI throws in the quieter flight for free.  That is a good justification of $100 for me - Happy flying Drone Heads
2017-9-4
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

I have mixed feelings about this announcement, having bought my Pro only a couple of months ago. However, that's the name of the game - new models will  and should be coming out, and you cannot alway time your purchase to the upcoming releases.

It's great that the new blades are compatible with Mavic Pro - by the look of it, they should have less turbulence at the wing tips, which not only reduces the noise but also (as noise is a function of spent energy) should also increase flight time for the Pro version. Definitely on my to-buy list.

I hope that DJI would continue working on the Pro updates - especially in the camera software area.
2017-9-4
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Bigga J Posted at 2017-9-4 07:29
Well I have watched this twice with the volume turned up to the max on headphones and find it difficult to hear a huge difference.

I think the slight increase in flight time is far more important than the noise level. It's not the most noisy drone I have heard.

I asked my son (does not speak English) to watch the video and see if there is difference between them rather than the color. He said the dark one has much noise!

For me low noise is a great thing due to my country issues (Kuwait). I was just about to buy spark for it's lower noise than mavic despite the mavic is much better. The DJI announcement made my dream comes true (best drone without noise yet platinm color)!

As soon as the stock is ready I'll get mine, just waiting for GJI delear in Kuwait.
2017-9-4
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

I commit mistakes up I mean waiting for DJI dealer to buy Mavic pro platinum.

regarding (old) mavic I don't think Those whom bought it recently commited a mistake. 3 minutes or more noise is not a big deal since you are not in Kuwait! Lol

2017-9-4
Use props
djiuser_Q3md1Un
New

United States

Can we send our mavic pros in for an ESC upgrade?? Yes I know it will cost money. I just bought the mavic 3 days before the Platinum was announced. Kinda pi**ed about that
2017-9-4
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-9-1 13:35
Whatch the difference between Mavic Pro & Mavic Pro Platium in this video. The both aircrafts face to face!  Noise reduction is amazing.

DJI MP VS MPP

Maybe a good idea would be to compare the noise without the propellers, to ear the difference of noise coming from the motor drivers only ...
2017-9-4
Use props
ToyCarCollector
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202126 ft
United States

I want Phantom 5 and Mavic II.  Enough of this minor change stuff.
2017-9-4
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43379 ft
China

Wow, they'are still improving the MavicPro, nice work!
2017-9-5
Use props
djiuser_jj7rfqB
New

Netherlands

It is very powerful device
2017-9-5
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

ToyCarCollector Posted at 2017-9-4 20:51
I want Phantom 5 and Mavic II.  Enough of this minor change stuff.

I think there will not be Mavic 2 since (Platinum) given a name for new mavic. Maybe Mavac pro "Gold" next one but don't wate for (2)!

2017-9-5
Use props
Haneyca
lvl.4
United States

Ah I knew my brother should have waited! He just bought a Mavic like a month ago. Oh well.
2017-9-5
Use props
Haneyca
lvl.4
United States

Cebrady17 Posted at 2017-8-31 07:21
Are you able to use the new Props on a standard Mavic Pro? Will this increase flight time and provide quieter flight for the standard Pro?

I'll probably wait for some reviews from actual users first.
2017-9-5
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Sircoynie Posted at 2017-9-3 14:54
Hang on a second! I spoke with a DJI rep on Chat on Saturday as I had recently purchased a Mavic Pro concerning the camera (Jeffrey his name was, I have a screen shot for my records) and asked about the camera as I wanted to know what the issue was with my new MP and at no point did he mention that this was a known issue that wasn't going to be fixed and just went through the settings etc (I thought it was me)!!

I also asked about the Platinum Feature set and what was upgraded etc as I was within my 14 days return policy, the camera was not mentioned (ability to use props and ESC was)!

In my opinion DJI isn't making much noise about the camera hardware fix in the Platinum that allows it to record video in usable 1080/60fps because they do not intend to fix it on the Pro. So they don't want to make it well known that they're leaving Pro owners in the dust without a care about it. Basically, their resolution is for us to give them more money for the Platinum where they have addressed the issue there rather than on our Pro.
2017-9-5
Use props
Flyin’ Wabbit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55413 ft
Italy

If I write "DJI" on their sides can I use 6 x AAA batteries and a small solar panel to power the MPP?
Also, a  friend has given me some wooden tongue depressors. If I use them as props will I get the same level of noise reduction? (I am prepared to do a fair amount of whittling.)
2017-9-5
Use props
fansc10fe6bc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 501493 ft
United States

Like the reduced noise factor and more battery life.
2017-9-5
Use props
fanse884daf4
New
Brazil

HELP FROM DJI MAVIC REPAIR/SUPPORT TEAM

I bought my drone in the US in march, but Im from brazil.
DJI still doesnt have drone support in brazil and that is a big issue from brazilians to repair their drones. I crashed my drone once and had to arrange with friends going over the US to get it fixed to bring it back to me. Now I broke my drone again I had to send to US again by one of my friends flying to US, because i dont trust and use mail carriers because there is a huge amount of taxes and borders burocracy to do, I would rather wait for a friend to go to US and bring back to me in brazil. Thats my process to fix my mavic.
For that reason I kindly ask for a little help from DJI team.

My friend from brazil is going to Miami on september and he would be able to bring the drone back to me in brazil, but he is going to stay in Orlando - Florida only until september 24.
I wish my drone would be fixed and delivered until september 24 ( less than 15 business day from the day the mavic was received).
Its possible? Can you guys send the drone on express one day delivery?
My drone was received on Sep/01/2017 at DJI facility and now is in payment process to be accepted (i've already pay the amount on Sep/01/2017)

I would be really happy about it. Its really complicated to send the drone to US and receive from US.

If DJI repair team can accelerate the process, I ask you guys to change the address for my friend to receive the mavic pro.

My friends hotel address to be deliver the drone before september 24

Max Caetana Figueiredo
Metropolitan Resort Orlando
8444 Austrian Ct, Orlando, FL 32819, USA

Thanks a lot for any kind of support
MY CASE CAS-903822-V1R3X9
2017-9-5
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Bigga J Posted at 2017-9-4 07:29

.. also a video shot in a trade show is not a scientific comparison as the distance to recording camera & mics was variable, plus the sound recording probably had auto modulation which affected the gain - notice the slight but significant difference in the perceived volume of the background chatter from the show floor. Still 4db is an average over the frequency spectrum - notice that there is actually a peak above the MP at one point in the DJI graph. What is preferable on the new MPP is the cadence changes in the motor sound - much smoother than the MP.
2017-9-6
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

I'd like to buy the props from ebay, how will I know if they are legit or a copy of the original?
2017-9-6
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

travelrikk Posted at 2017-9-6 01:42
I'd like to buy the props from ebay, how will I know if they are legit or a copy of the original?

Just wait it out and buy them from dji. Nothing wrong with your props
2017-9-6
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Haneyca Posted at 2017-9-5 06:19
Ah I knew my brother should have waited! He just bought a Mavic like a month ago. Oh well.

I don't know what what all the fuss is about.the mavic pro is a great drone we are lucky to have one. Most people can't afford it. When I use mine the first question people ask is HOW MUCH DID THAT COST!! Only time I'll change mine is when I smash it to bits
2017-9-6
Use props
Haneyca
lvl.4
United States

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-9-6 14:29
I don't know what what all the fuss is about.the mavic pro is a great drone we are lucky to have one. Most people can't afford it. When I use mine the first question people ask is HOW MUCH DID THAT COST!! Only time I'll change mine is when I smash it to bits

Oh I totally agree. I just wish my brother would have waited so I could test out the new one. I get the same question. People are usually surprised that it costs what it does. I think most are expecting the $2000-3000 range. I'm always amazed that such amazing technology exists in my lifetime.
2017-9-6
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
China

Bigga J Posted at 2017-9-4 07:45
It is galling to think I paid out for the fly more combo MP just a few weeks ago and I asked the well known, large RC retailer if any upgrades are due. I know the guy who works at the retailer and was stood with him before laying out over a grand.

He told me the MP would not be upgraded and no news was fourth coming from DJI. Now I know many of you will say the retailer needs to sell off his stock and I asked for a discount to which his reply was that DJI set the price and the retailers are not allowed to discount.!! I don't really believe this.

Don’t you worry about waiting list.  Not going to happen with Platinum this time.  No one really interest to pay $100 more for new colour and 3mins flights time which you can get similar from $20 props replacement.
2017-9-6
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
China

fanse884daf4 Posted at 2017-9-5 19:00
HELP FROM DJI MAVIC REPAIR/SUPPORT TEAM

Hey man, this is not a support website.  You should not post personal information on your reply.  It is going to open to everyone else.
2017-9-6
Use props
fans464c96e6
lvl.2

Canada

So when are the new props going to be available? How hard is to manufacture bended plastic sticks?
2017-9-7
Use props
dojoman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

If you're in the market for Mavic definitely get the Platinum, $100 price difference is not much IMO. I know existing Mavic owners are chiming in it's not worth it but you guys are just jealous.
2017-9-7
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
United Kingdom

dojoman Posted at 2017-9-7 08:59
If you're in the market for Mavic definitely get the Platinum, $100 price difference is not much IMO. I know existing Mavic owners are chiming in it's not worth it but you guys are just jealous.

Bollocks we're not jealous. You sound like a kid with a mouth full of sweats!
2017-9-7
Use props
dojoman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-9-7 09:37
Bollocks we're not jealous. You sound like a kid with a mouth full of sweats!

Right! A kid with $1000 disposable income. I take it as a compliment.
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules