*Introducing DJI Mavic Pro Platinum*
86510 386 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FatChance
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3169 ft
United States

Newbie on the forum here waiting for my pre-order to ship. What surprises me is the lack of any reasoning for the delay. All they would really need to do is post one statement saying, "Hey guys, we apologize for the delays but we are working out a supplier issue. We expect it will be x number of weeks but due to uncertainties with this issue that is subject to change." or anything of that sort. It would be a win-win for them, their sales of their existing Mavic Pro stock would surely spike and and also give them a lot less stress once the new model starts shipping.

Either way it was a win for them by "forcing" me to buy a Spark to hold me over. Forced I tell ya! Still looking forward to getting the new Mavic Pro Platinum.
2017-10-11
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Repaid1 Posted at 2017-8-31 11:46
I think one big difference which DJI has not stated here but the Propulsion Guru for DJI (Dr. Turbo) has confirmed on RCG is that the new Platinum version along with what was mentioned, now indeed does have a usable 1080 60FPS. So they have changed the hardware somewhere to get rid of the Binning and gave the most requested feature since the MP was debuted.Many didn't buy the Mavic because of this limitation, wheter it is worth upgrading is up to you, but on all my other DJI products I use 1080 60 exclusively.

Got a link for that?
2017-10-11
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

geordie81 Posted at 2017-10-11 04:59
my local supplier in the UK couldn't even give me any shipping info, he claimed that DJI havent even given them any shipping estimates and were not even told about rollback dates, they assumed the release date was 30th sept, and then guestimated mid October and now have given up even guessing, they said probably in November even for me who pre ordered on day 1, so i cancelled my order, if DJI wasnt such a market leader in this field i would look elsewhere for companies who are a bit more reliable with their customers

you get the point, as DJI currently is not just market leader it also dominate the whole market.  We almost don’t have any second choice to turn to unless we quit this hobby.  So under such circumstances DJI can simply ignore most customer request.
2017-10-11
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-10-11
Use props
janp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167178 ft
Belgium

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... ge2091#post38201090
2017-10-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Thanks. I guess DJI wouldn't want to draw attention to the problem still in the Mavic Pro line by trumpeting its resolution in the Platinum line. Clearly worth the extra $100 even if you didn't care much about a quieter bird.
2017-10-12
Use props
janp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167178 ft
Belgium

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-12 05:58
THanks. I guess DJI wouldn't want to draw attention to the problem still in the Mavic Pro line by trumpeting its resolution in the Platinum line. Clearly worth the extra $100 even if you didn't care much about a quieter bird.

It's why I am also waiting for the MPP till November and not go for the MP now.
2017-10-12
Use props
szurlo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20787 ft
United States

On 9/22 sales support told me that my MPP would ship "on or before October 16. " ( I ordered it on 9/4).  I just checked my order status and it says "shipped". Haven't gotten an e-mail yet with tracking info but looks like it's soon to be on it's way
2017-10-13
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232300 ft
Germany

I also ordered 9/4... status still unchanged, has not been shipped yet (destination: Germany).
2017-10-13
Use props
Deankoe
lvl.1

United States

bastosboi Posted at 2017-10-13 04:29
I also ordered 9/4... status still unchanged, has not been shipped yet (destination: Germany).

Has anyone received a MPP yet?
2017-10-13
Use props
Greg-EastTN
lvl.1
United States

Deankoe Posted at 2017-10-13 16:24

I received an e-mail today, 10/13/2017, that my MPP shipped today - Order was placed 9/4/2017, AM - When scrolling down this same e-mail it indicates that only the Landing Gear Extender shipped and the remaining 10 items will ship "Later" - But then in checking the order status on line it says that the order shipped - Apparently complete because no items indicate as not shipped - But the invoice link in the e-mail message shows that just the Landing Gear Extender is being invoiced - Kinda like being slapped a second time after sneezing during the first encounter - It would be easy to get frustrated trying to acquire an MPP but take heart - Our frustrations are confirmation that the drone we pursue is the finest consumer drone available
2017-10-13
Use props
MaleBuffy
lvl.1
Greece

Tbh I am not expecting much of customer service from a Chinese company. I just want their drone...
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI User911
New

United States

Got an email also that my MPP was shipped order placed on 9/4/17
2017-10-14
Use props
szurlo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20787 ft
United States

Greg-EastTN Posted at 2017-10-13 17:48
I received an e-mail today, 10/13/2017, that my MPP shipped today - Order was placed 9/4/2017, AM - When scrolling down this same e-mail it indicates that only the Landing Gear Extender shipped and the remaining 10 items will ship "Later" - But then in checking the order status on line it says that the order shipped - Apparently complete because no items indicate as not shipped - But the invoice link in the e-mail message shows that just the Landing Gear Extender is being invoiced - Kinda like being slapped a second time after sneezing during the first encounter - It would be easy to get frustrated trying to acquire an MPP but take heart - Our frustrations are confirmation that the drone we pursue is the finest consumer drone available

I got an "Your Order Is On Its Way" e-mail last night.   Doesn't say anything about a partial shipment. Just shows "Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo" and "Quantity 1".  Hopefully it's all coming at once.  Says it will be here Wednesday.  (FYI, I ordered on 9/4).
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans5b808f0c Posted at 2017-10-14 03:03
It’s now been a week!
I’ve sent emails I’ve made phone calls no one can tell me where my drone is.
I’m sorry this is unacceptable service!!

You have our sincere apologies about the delay in shipping, the case has been escalated to local appropriate department to look into, we will have someone to contact you very soon, hope you will receive it soon, appreciate your patience.
2017-10-15
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is very tempting!
2017-10-15
Use props
othonas02
New

Greece

Hi I just bought dji mavic pro and I need some help to start flying it,where I can fing a guide on video to make the first steps
2017-10-16
Use props
MaleBuffy
lvl.1
Greece

othonas02 Posted at 2017-10-16 13:14
Hi I just bought dji mavic pro and I need some help to start flying it,where I can fing a guide on video to make the first steps

There are video tutorials in the Academy section of the DJI GO 4 App
2017-10-16
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got the email that the order has shipped. Shipped from Shenzen, China. It is scheduled to be delivered this Thursday and indirect signature required. They charged my credit card on 9/29 and didn't ship until today!
2017-10-16
Use props
Jan Tomas
lvl.1

Spain

Hey there guys

I've been researching like crazy about the new mavic platinum and the 1080p 60fps issue.

I've found this video from a chinese user that bought a Mavic Pro in october (i'm confirming if it's a platinum or not, he doesn't mention it anywhere)

I'm not an expert but it really looks like real 60 fps and I don't see the typical moire issues.

I posted a comment and he answered. It's a brand new unit from October with 1.04.00 firmware.

If this is real, it's pretty big. And I think the upgrade might be also in new units of the regular Mavic pro (which makes sense, if you fix a hardware issue, why would you keep building it wrong?)

Well, let's see if we can finally find the truth behind all this.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

othonas02 Posted at 2017-10-16 13:14

Here is the tutorial video for your reference, hope it helps with your first step. Happy flying.
2017-10-17
Use props
kirkrob
lvl.1
United States

I just received the email below...

Dear Creator,

Earlier, you asked us to remind you when the following item became available.

Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo

Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo
http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro-platinum-fly-more-combo

Good news! This product is now available to order at the DJI Online Store.

Be aware that only limited quantities are available and orders will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. So hurry and click the link above to buy now!

If this product happens to be sold out already, ask for another availability reminder email on the product’s webpage, and we’ll be sure to get in touch.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Sincerely,
DJI

This is an unmonitored email address and replies to this email cannot be read or responded to. For assistance please contact us.

Privacy Policy Terms and Conditions
2017-10-17
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Humm so it would seem shipping to US customers in bulk first. Something is not right though, when DJI are taking live orders now and saying that they will be delivered 12-19 working days after payment confirmation.  I had my credit card debited on 5th Sept. 2017 and then got the round robin 'delayed but here's a battery deal to compensate' letter - long since took up and received said Platinum battery - but now another 20 days later and no update on shipping of the actual Mavic Platinum - what gives DJI taking new orders but not yet shipping on confirmed orders placed back at the beginning of September?!
2017-10-17
Use props
MPP Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Guys! Received a unexpected email today from DJI stating that my MPP was shipped!!
After reading all the messages about delay on here, I seriously thought I will not see this drone until at least beginning to late November. But now and according to FedEx tracking, it seems that I will receive my drone this week on Thursday, 10/19 by 10:30 am !!!! SO EXCITED!! - I have ordered it on 2017-09-04 07:19:58 (UTC)
(for your info, I have ordered it on the DJI web site directly, and I am based in California, USA).
https://imgur.com/a/fS9KN
2017-10-17
Use props
MaleBuffy
lvl.1
Greece

https://youtu.be/6Zhw_YfxlRo

https://youtu.be/KIbpkXDEAtY

2017-10-18
Use props
Greg-EastTN
lvl.1
United States

My Mavic Pro Platinum, Fly More package arrived yesterday, 10/17/2017 - Now to figure this bird out!!  Looks great - Thanks DJI
2017-10-18
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232300 ft
Germany

Greg-EastTN Posted at 2017-10-18 07:40
My Mavic Pro Platinum, Fly More package arrived yesterday, 10/17/2017 - Now to figure this bird out!!  Looks great - Thanks DJI

Please test 1080p 60fps and let us know. Thanks!
2017-10-18
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got mine today. It was shipped from China.
2017-10-18
Use props
fans87642e7d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 596460 ft
Cyprus

Guys, we need 1080@60fps video test. With Sharp objects like trees...
2017-10-18
Use props
xaa.ru
lvl.2
Cyprus

MPP video footage 1080p@60fps.
Not clear are the any changes or not
youtu.be/8fHVZPwH_Oo
2017-10-18
Use props
xaa.ru
lvl.2
Cyprus

There's short comparison here:
youtu.be/CvXaEUiCz3Q?t=119
makes difference. They promise to film extended comparison!
2017-10-19
Use props
xaa.ru
lvl.2
Cyprus

I've chased DJI support via email, and Finally got the reply:
"Your request(#793987)has been updated
the colleague from development confirmed, that the camera chip was updated for the Platinum.
It will be better when using 1080p@60fps settings.
Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH"
2017-10-19
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

As i said dji's own engineer "dr.turbo" commented on this 1080p 60fps on rc groups he said there was a hardware change. Sucks for us regular mavic Pro users
2017-10-20
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

All I need is my order to arrive then BAM! i'll have my platinum.
2017-10-20
Use props
MPP Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Deankoe Posted at 2017-10-13 16:24

Received mine on Oct 18th !!
And while you wait for your MPP to arrives, here is a little unboxing video I did with mine:
2017-10-20
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Ordered mine on September 4th...Still nothing...
2017-10-21
Use props
gleeco
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone received a Fly-More Combo?   I have seen unboxings of the MPP itself but not the combo.  Is there something special about the combo that might cause delays - packaging perhaps?  I ordered a combo on 9/7 and still nothing (although when I contacted DJI recently they said my order was in the part of the process where they are waiting to pull one from the warehouse and ship.)
2017-10-21
Use props
Dewey3
lvl.2
United States

gleeco Posted at 2017-10-21 06:21
Has anyone received a Fly-More Combo?   I have seen unboxings of the MPP itself but not the combo.  Is there something special about the combo that might cause delays - packaging perhaps?  I ordered a combo on 9/7 and still nothing (although when I contacted DJI recently they said my order was in the part of the process where they are waiting to pull one from the warehouse and ship.)

Have you seen this: ?
2017-10-21
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

can i know if mavic platinum battery can use for mavic pro?
2017-10-21
Use props
Justin Butera
New

Canada

How agile is the drone in trees? I want to buy this drone set up for filming in mountain bike trails and was wondering how well / safely the drone will be able to follow a rider while in trees?
2017-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules