*Introducing DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian*
73449 128 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ROKI
lvl.3

Croatia

Why not stay in stock DJI PHANTOM 4 PRO OBSIDIAN ?
2017-11-13
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-10-21 17:47
It's official, Obsidian is truly in my opinion a beautiful copter !  It's not black, it's basically a shiny dark grey color. It took me just a couple of mins to activate ! Super easy and had absolutely no problems with activation. Glad I tossed the idea of purchasing the MPP and instead pick up the Obsidian instead !

What is the actual difference between this and the old P4P?
Would i be paranoid if i said this was allot of small bug fixes in certain components in a new wrapping, without Dji admitting it? ;)

Did you have the P4P yourself? If so, notice any better stability in functionality, less random gps dropouts etc?
2017-11-13
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

DNR 1 Posted at 2017-10-29 00:31
Is it any easier to see? Maybe against clouds???

Don't white drones turn black if far enough way??

You definitely can see it from a distance, coming in for the landing.
2017-11-13
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2017-11-13 08:56
What is the actual difference between this and the old P4P?
Would i be paranoid if i said this was allot of small bug fixes in certain components in a new wrapping, without Dji admitting it? ;)

Only difference is the color scheme. Basically the same P4P. This is my first P4P. Really fast in S-mode which is about 90% of the time I fly in especially compared to the MP.

No major bug/s (well there was one which displayed 'air code error' but didn't effect flying it but I was able to troubleshoot and remove it), or major glitches.

Gimbal camera is impeccable!  Quite responsive to RC controls but I've noticed a bit of lag on the video feed..especially when flying too quickly. Not a real deal breaker for me b/c when I'm shooting videos, I'm usually stationary or parked in position.
2017-11-13
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-13 09:15
Only difference is the color scheme. Basically the same P4P. This is my first P4P. Really fast in S-mode which is about 90% of the time I fly in especially compared to the MP.

No major bug/s (well there was one which displayed 'air code error' but didn't effect flying it but I was able to troubleshoot and remove it), or major glitches.

How about quick stops or sharp turns, noticed any hiccups or jumps on the gimbal/camera during flight?
2017-11-13
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2017-11-13 09:29
How about quick stops or sharp turns, noticed any hiccups or jumps on the gimbal/camera during flight?

nope, none whatsoever. Pretty impressed with how quick and agile it is. Loads of fun...needs a lot of room to blast off to it's full potential for sure.
2017-11-13
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-13 09:58
nope, none whatsoever. Pretty impressed with how quick and agile it is. Loads of fun...needs a lot of room to blast off to it's full potential for sure.

Maybe they fixed some minor stuff in the components after all then...
2017-11-13
Use props
Francisco Parda
lvl.1

Portugal

Good evening, my name is Francisco, I have always been a fan of DJI and I have a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian drone (black) that I have had for some time. The following happens: the batteries stop working, they don't charge, they swell. I've done several searches to buy others but they've already been discontinued. I am completely disappointed with DJI because I have the drone inside the bag without being able to use it because I don't know where to find batteries for it. Shame on DJI. Totally disillusioned. I hope someone can help me and tell me if the white batteries are compatible with Obsidian. Thank you very much Francis
2023-4-22
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Francisco Parda Posted at 4-22 15:13
Good evening, my name is Francisco, I have always been a fan of DJI and I have a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian drone (black) that I have had for some time. The following happens: the batteries stop working, they don't charge, they swell. I've done several searches to buy others but they've already been discontinued. I am completely disappointed with DJI because I have the drone inside the bag without being able to use it because I don't know where to find batteries for it. Shame on DJI. Totally disillusioned. I hope someone can help me and tell me if the white batteries are compatible with Obsidian. Thank you very much Francis

If you can't find batteries in obsidian you may have to settle for white.  Unfortunately these may be like a needle in a haystack.  I found these on amazon https://a.co/d/4WYgutT but they say they are used.  I don't know if this helps you or not.  
2023-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules