Unstable Mess
1529 12 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mhoppes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141302 ft
United States

So just got an Inspire 1.   This thing is beyond unstable.  The moment I leave my hands off the sticks it starts to fly backwards at a high rate of speed.  Additionally, on one of the test takeoffs it wanted to wobble all over the place.

Any suggestions on where to start with this?

2017-8-29
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Try an IMU calibration when the machine is cold.
2017-8-29
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

I've been reading about that and compass calibration.  Should I really need to do that to a bird just out of the box though?
2017-8-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

You must do all initial set up when you receive a brand new I1.
2017-8-29
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

So I just had a thought... I installed the Z3 camera on the bird.  Would this have any weight differential from the stock camera?  And if so, what do I need to do to adjust for that?
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

mhoppes Posted at 2017-8-29 17:16
So I just had a thought... I installed the Z3 camera on the bird.  Would this have any weight differential from the stock camera?  And if so, what do I need to do to adjust for that?

Z3 is compatible with inspire 1.
Please check the error message from the app and you can ensure the aircraft status and see if everything is OK.
Any interference around your inspire 1? Please try to fly at another place without interference. If there is any problem, keep us updated.Thanks.
2017-8-29
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Apparently the stick for reverse was "stuck" at 18% back pull.  Even after calibrating several times, these settings did not stick.  They appear to have stuck now.
2017-8-29
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

mhoppes Posted at 2017-8-29 21:17
Apparently the stick for reverse was "stuck" at 18% back pull.  Even after calibrating several times, these settings did not stick.  They appear to have stuck now.

Be sure to do a RC reset and then Re-link to the Aircraft if you are still having issues.
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press and firmly hold  C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.( be sure to keep al three pushed in while doing the power off )
* Go ahead and release your fingers
* Now  Turn on both the aircraft and the controller- may meed to re link the AC to the Rc

Below is how to re link the AC to the RC:

Inspire 1 =  HOW TO RE LINK ***After you do an update ( or reset the RC transmitter )  to the AC and Or RC you may loose connection between the RC transmitter and the aircraft .  Once you confirm that you have the proper updates on the AC and RC  go to the "Remote contol Settings"tab on the go app.  Go to the bottom and in blue highlight it will say "Linking  Remote Controler".  Before you press that , make sure you can find the Red link button on ther aircraft , it is inside the Main fuselage behind the right top silver nose cone screw ,  ( You do NOT have to take anything apart to find it ) may need a flashlight  to see it.  Once you find it have the AC and RC on and press blue Highlighted  link button on Go app  , you will then have 60  seconds to press the red button on the aircraft, press and hold that button in firmly for about 5 seconds, let go .  You should then have a success box on the Go  app .

If you get any message that says something like "Confirm Frequency " then more than likely you are not on compatible Firmware on the RC and  it will need to be updated first .

donnie

2017-8-30
Use props
fans41151fef
lvl.2
Flight distance : 679357 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had exact same thing happen after a year of uneventful flying.  Sent it in to DJI.
2017-8-30
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-30 07:24
Be sure to do a RC reset and then Re-link to the Aircraft if you are still having issues.
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press and firmly hold  C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.( be sure to keep al three pushed in while doing the power off )

Thanks... I will try this... it certainly seems like something is majorly messed up in the software right now.  Is there a way to reset the aircraft to defaults as well as the controller?
2017-8-30
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

mhoppes Posted at 2017-8-30 12:59
Thanks... I will try this... it certainly seems like something is majorly messed up in the software right now.  Is there a way to reset the aircraft to defaults as well as the controller?

I'm not sure if this also applies to Inspire 1, but I've seen posts for Mavic Pro, Spark, Phantom (3/4) and Inspire 2 users who have had a completely ridiculous time with their aircraft and the latest firmware update.

If the Inspire 1 is included in that (which I'm sure it is), you should probably not spend too much time trying to diagnose issues until DJI comes out with a legit fix to the recent firmware disaster.

I have also noticed, after updating to the latest firmware, that our Inspire 2 will just jerk one way or another for absolutely no reason. We used to be able to hover it ~10 feet off the ground and let it sit there, and it would pretty much just stay right there. Now, with the latest firmware, it acts like it fell down the stairs and now has some serious screws loose.

So, my recommendation is to allow DJI some time to release a "fix" firmware for anyone who is having major problems with the most recent one for their device. Then, if your bird is still acting wonky, it would be time to pay more mind to it.

Our Inspire 2 firmware came out on June 26, 2017. Not sure when the firmwares for the other drones came out around that same time, but I've read steady comments from many many users about their problems with only this latest firmware. If you've upgraded your firmware any time after about then, your AC may have been hosed by it; if so, just wait it out until they release a new firmware.

People I talk to who were lucky enough to hold out on the latest firmware are still flying perfectly, same as when they first received their brand new hardware.

From our perspective, we're just being patient ... Waiting for the release that we're hoping will fix the issue. And trolling the forums on the subject, since there's not much else to do with our DJI world. Unfortunately.
2017-8-30
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

mhoppes Posted at 2017-8-30 12:59

You can do a Re set to the RC  transmitter  but not to the Aircraft .  
Do the Sticks seems to be dead center at neutral ? It is possible the "Pot" on the RC is broken or simply not plugged in correctly , does the stick seem to bind at all ?  does this effect the flight perfomrance or is it as if the stick is at neutral when the Aircraft is in a hover .  So basicaly if you let go of the sticks in a hover would it want to fly backwards ?

Try the Re set and re link and we can go from there .
Also have you tried the Simulator ?  does the AC want to fly backwards with the simulator running as well ?  

donnie

2017-8-31
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-31 04:52
You can do a Re set to the RC  transmitter  but not to the Aircraft .  
Do the Sticks seems to be dead center at neutral ? It is possible the "Pot" on the RC is broken or simply not plugged in correctly , does the stick seem to bind at all ?  does this effect the flight perfomrance or is it as if the stick is at neutral when the Aircraft is in a hover .  So basicaly if you let go of the sticks in a hover would it want to fly backwards ?

Ohh I wish they had simulator for Inspire 2!
2017-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules