12Next >
3708 64 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Hello,

I saw this in the latest release notes for the Mavic Pro. Any word on when this firmware will be released?

Will this firmware correct all of the horrible issues we have been experiencing with v01.01.0010? And the overheating and unusable video on the iPad?

In addition to the hopeful fixes (maybe someone at DJI can get a list of the fixes we should be expecting!), I'm quite interested to see how head tracking with the DJI Goggles will be.

Thank you!
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

No idea when the new firmware of Inspire 2 will be released, you have an eagle eye.
2017-8-31
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 01:24
No idea when the new firmware of Inspire 2 will be released, you have an eagle eye.

Ohh Mindy, I'm starving for the new firmware ha ha ha ...

Well, that is hoping also that it fixes our problems! Would love to know more info from DJI engineers if you can get us some sneak peak preview info?
2017-8-31
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mindy ,

What kind of answer eagle eye ,  DJI makes promises on paper and it never comes to light ...  even specs that say Inspire 2 output wattage is 9 watts .. does anyone ever proof read?  Really getting frustrated waiting for new firmware.

Not a happy camper right now
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-31 05:40
Ohh Mindy, I'm starving for the new firmware ha ha ha ...

Well, that is hoping also that it fixes our problems! Would love to know more info from DJI engineers if you can get us some sneak peak preview info?

I wish I could provide more info, but I don't, I'm frustrated like you guys, really wish I can help you get all the issues sorted out, but I can't.
2017-8-31
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for your honest comment Mindy !!!
2017-9-1
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 22:42
I wish I could provide more info, but I don't, I'm frustrated like you guys, really wish I can help you get all the issues sorted out, but I can't.

Alright ... well as soon as you get word, we are all very anxious to know. Hopefully it is soon!
2017-9-1
Use props
Ale Reynoso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 22:42

This is getting frustrating and misterious too. We have reached a state in which we can not trust our i2 any more. If our drone performs in our next job like it did in the last, we are out of business with that company. That is much to say and at least we deserve a report of why we are in this situation, Why can not be solved (at least yet) and how close are we from solutions.

DJI Mindy. You can not provide more info because:

A. You were told not to say anything (hidden governments conspiracy?? :-)  )
B. Your engineers don´t respond to our questions
C. They respond but they have no clue about how to solve the issues.

Something you never answer (I think A is the answer in this case). Why if the i2 was a system that was working just fine, then appeared issues after new fw/app, it can´t return to a previous state?
Why the updates that should mean a better performance, ended in the opposite? What did they change?
Why this is not affecting every i2 equally? (some people swear they have no issues at all)
2017-9-2
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ale Reynoso Posted at 2017-9-2 03:51
This is getting frustrating and misterious too. We have reached a state in which we can not trust our i2 any more. If our drone performs in our next job like it did in the last, we are out of business with that company. That is much to say and at least we deserve a report of why we are in this situation, Why can not be solved (at least yet) and how close are we from solutions.

DJI Mindy. You can not provide more info because:

Ale Reynosa,

Very nice post, about the Inspire 2 problems , I truly believe  some inspire 2's are still running the old firmware and had not been updated , which are doing just fine .

Those are the people stating all is fine  and working .

This is truly a firmware issue 100 percent  without any doubt ..

Thanks for posting

Neil
2017-9-2
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

All I want is what I bought back in February. A drone that did what it was advertised to do not what it has become due to DJI mucking the damn thing up.
2017-9-2
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-9-2 09:20
All I want is what I bought back in February. A drone that did what it was advertised to do not what it has become due to DJI mucking the damn thing up.

Yea. Exactly.

I really don't know how it must be from DJI perspective. I mean there is absolutely no way they don't know what's going on, or what happened. That would be extremely surprising, considering they were able to design such a nice product to begin with.

But all in all, we deserve a proper acknowledgement at the very least. Something that DJI says "yes, we goofed" and apologizes for the trouble we have all been dealing with.

I too just want the same beautiful piece of work that I first flew. Not whatever it is that they have turned it into.
2017-9-2
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-2 11:12
Yea. Exactly.

I really don't know how it must be from DJI perspective. I mean there is absolutely no way they don't know what's going on, or what happened. That would be extremely surprising, considering they were able to design such a nice product to begin with.

All they have to do is release the old firmware and app, but no their arrogance to admitting they screwed up is more important...save face, lose repeat customers..
2017-9-2
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-9-2 21:18
All they have to do is release the old firmware and app, but no their arrogance to admitting they screwed up is more important...save face, lose repeat customers..

Yea it would be great to have option to downgrade. Please ...
2017-9-3
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

What problems are you guys all talking about?  I just put it on the latest last week all seems fine.
2017-9-3
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

lolders Posted at 2017-9-3 10:04
What problems are you guys all talking about?  I just put it on the latest last week all seems fine.

How long can you fly without overheating your mobile device? Also, what distance can you achieve before having disconnects from your RC?

For me, I can fly for about 1 minute or so before the mobile device becomes *hot* to the touch. This never happened before -- if it did, it was after many minutes of flying.

For the distance, we used to achieve 1500m quite easily on a regular basis, and only received RC disconnects if we flew where something ended up getting in the way of VLOS. Now, we can get to maybe 400m (when very lucky, we can get to 500m) before the RC and/or the video feed starts turning into total garbage.

It is not funny. For our videographer, when looking at the stored video on the SD card, every once in a while, you see the video pan left and right, over and over again (sometimes up to 10 or so times) because the video feed is such garbage. They are trying to smoothly pan onto a subject, and then it turns into an embarrassing circus act.

Total rubbish, if you ask me.

The thing here for us is that our aircraft and remote controller performance was *EXCELLENT* prior to updating firmware. Immediately after updating firmware, it was extremely apparent (without any doubt) that the performance had been seriously affected.

For anyone at DJI to even question what we have to say would be insulting. And we know that -- based off of the absolutely unbelievably amazing technology that DJI has created and that we have used -- DJI knows exactly what's going on here. Let's hope this is not by design ... And if it is by accident, then let's hope they come clean quickly.

(We are at 2+ months and counting for Inspire 2. Nearly 3+ months for Phantom.)

While they might have earned my business quite a few times prior to this firmware disaster, unless they handle it with care from this point on, they're definitely losing my business for all future purchases. My biggest issue is that they continue to avoid confronting our issue, almost like they're refusing to acknowledge what is actually going on. And like I previously stated, there's absolutely no way they do not know what's going on.

So what is it, DJI?

2017-9-3
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

lolders Posted at 2017-9-3 10:04

The problems that paraviz02 listed above are so common that many companies are no longer allowing DJI drones on their worksite because they can't be trusted do to safety issues.  Kind of hard to have a drone business when your fleet is grounded due to changes the manufacturer made after you purchased their product.  Like the others said, the I2 was unbelievable when we first got it, but after the June firmware update and the app updates, it can't be trusted. My old Phantom 2 that doesn't run off of any DJI apps, just off the remote itself is more reliable now.
2017-9-3
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-9-3 14:51
The problems that paraviz02 listed above are so common that many companies are no longer allowing DJI drones on their worksite because they can't be trusted do to safety issues.  Kind of hard to have a drone business when your fleet is grounded due to changes the manufacturer made after you purchased their product.  Like the others said, the I2 was unbelievable when we first got it, but after the June firmware update and the app updates, it can't be trusted. My old Phantom 2 that doesn't run off of any DJI apps, just off the remote itself is more reliable now.

Yea, being safe at a work site is the biggest thing. I mean, it's one thing to be at the park or out in the woods, and your drone goes wonky and crashes into a tree with nobody around.

But in a situation where, for example, you're at a work site that has many people working here and there -- where control and reliability are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT -- that's where it's hard to say "yep, we're good."

Also though, we plan to fly in some very beautiful outdoor area in Utah wilderness. And in those situations, we could really be able to fly where a human actually cannot go. Completely within FAA guidelines for safe flying. But with this firmware, I definitely wouldn't trust it 100% going and taking video of these places and having a safe return home. Just too much weird stuff.

I remember on the old firmware, sometimes we would have control issues, but the HD video feed seemed to NEVER even have a single hiccup. And to be honest, I rarely remember actually losing control. We got "weak signal transmission" or something along those lines from time to time, or the equivalent message for the HD video, but not like it is now with the nearly constant disconnects (either video or RC).

I know for a fact that DJI has it in them to deliver UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE technology. I've used it, and it has made me drool. I've seen the potential. I know that DJI has some serious intelligence behind their products and their execution. So whatever happened this time is just weird and very discouraging. I can't wait to have my Inspire 2 running the way it used to fly.

All that being said, for me, it is as simple as DJI acknowledging the situation and addressing it in some way or another. We shouldn't be sitting here at this point, over two months out, scratching our heads wondering what DJI will be doing. DJI's products are still the most beautifully designed, with excellent engineering behind all of it. So it's definitely unfortunate.
2017-9-3
Use props
Ale Reynoso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

I had a chat with a fellow Inspire 2 operator. He said he has no problems at all.  Getting a perfect master - slave rc link even 80-100m appart.
I asked if he is running the latest app/fw and he repplied he has never updated fw nor app since he purchased the drone early this year...
2017-9-3
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-3 13:15
How long can you fly without overheating your mobile device? Also, what distance can you achieve before having disconnects from your RC?

For me, I can fly for about 1 minute or so before the mobile device becomes *hot* to the touch. This never happened before -- if it did, it was after many minutes of flying.

totally agree..  nice that the forum is coming to life about it, too bad they still don't admit and revert.  This was the one time funny enough that I DIDN"T come on here to read if there were problems before updating to the latest.. I have been doing this for years now and it was the FIRST TIME I didn't look.. lesson learnt.  Yes Ive bought everything for the inspire 2 all accessories and big SSD.. I will be out testing in an hour distance because I am booked for a job Wednesday.  Will report back..  Also will try my Phantom 4 at the same range which I updated too, and immediately it is IMU ERROR can't take off calibrate imu..  Every power up it does that and once its warm it goes away..  been working flawless since day 1, just after the update it gives me this..
2017-9-4
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Blackwood Posted at 2017-9-3 14:51

it sounds like most of the bugs are within the app itself.
2017-9-4
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

lolders Posted at 2017-9-4 04:12
totally agree..  nice that the forum is coming to life about it, too bad they still don't admit and revert.  This was the one time funny enough that I DIDN"T come on here to read if there were problems before updating to the latest.. I have been doing this for years now and it was the FIRST TIME I didn't look.. lesson learnt.  Yes Ive bought everything for the inspire 2 all accessories and big SSD.. I will be out testing in an hour distance because I am booked for a job Wednesday.  Will report back..  Also will try my Phantom 4 at the same range which I updated too, and immediately it is IMU ERROR can't take off calibrate imu..  Every power up it does that and once its warm it goes away..  been working flawless since day 1, just after the update it gives me this..

That's a bummer about the P4. I mean, it would be one thing if that error came up once and that was it. But to have to deal with it every single time could drive a person crazy.

For the I2, please let us know how it goes. We can get to about 500m before the video feed turns to garbage. And even then, I'm not sure which signal is more unreliable -- the RC or the HD video. Both start having problems at about that point, though sometimes I'm able to get perfect HD video feed, but have zero control over the I2. It is just puzzling.

And for me, this is the first time I've had a DJI firmware disaster. Because of this, I've disabled all auto app updates on all my iOS devices and I'm also never going to update the DJI firmware until at least 2 months after it is released. It's quite sad, since there are other apps that do not automatically update into a complete nightmare; but for all non-DJI apps, I'll just have to do those manually as well.

I'm not happy that I got to be a guinea pig, while other much luckier DJI owners got to see us and our misfortunes, and make an appropriate decision NOT to upgrade their firmware.

I've been reading the Phantom forums, and there are infinitely more people complaining about this latest firmware. I guess the complaints would be relative to the number of products sold ... But they sure aren't keeping silent about it.

And also, I do agree with you that the bugs are probably within the app itself. Or a combination of the app and the random make/model of mobile tablet that the pilot is using. Either way, everything used to work great. At this point, I really have no idea what the heck could have happened.

DJI, please help us.
2017-9-4
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-4 11:38
That's a bummer about the P4. I mean, it would be one thing if that error came up once and that was it. But to have to deal with it every single time could drive a person crazy.

For the I2, please let us know how it goes. We can get to about 500m before the video feed turns to garbage. And even then, I'm not sure which signal is more unreliable -- the RC or the HD video. Both start having problems at about that point, though sometimes I'm able to get perfect HD video feed, but have zero control over the I2. It is just puzzling.

Paravis,

Thanks for all your input about the Inspire 2 Firmware, As I have been dealing with Firmware Issue that grounded me since June 2017,  Had to take matters into my own hands and research the Wide world Web for other resources in dealing with the Bad Firmware caused by DJI software Engineers.  

If you send me a Personal Message I will share the details with you!!!

Neil,
2017-9-4
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4692 ft
Philippines

After my company bought I2, we upgrade the firm ware right away. I cannot deny all the facts since I haven't used I2 in its "supposed normal condition" but we have a very odd problem.

The camera is tilted for about 45 degrees on its horizontal axis instead of facing center.

2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Roy C Posted at 2017-9-5 01:07
After my company bought I2, we upgrade the firm ware right away. I cannot deny all the facts since I haven't used I2 in its "supposed normal condition" but we have a very odd problem.

The camera is tilted for about 45 degrees on its horizontal axis instead of facing center.

Roy, did you try to calibrate your camera? Please have a try first and let me know if it works or not.
2017-9-5
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Roy C Posted at 2017-9-5 01:07

Roy, you can also try to adjust the tilt ... I forget where the setting is or what it is called in DJI GO 4, but we had to adjust that setting so it is lighted properly to the horizontal plane.

Setting maybe called "adjust gimbal tilt" or something like that. 45° is a lot though ... ours was only off by a few degrees, we only had to "perfect" it.

But Elektra's suggestion might have better legitimate results.
2017-9-5
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-9-4 18:12
Paravis,

Thanks for all your input about the Inspire 2 Firmware, As I have been dealing with Firmware Issue that grounded me since June 2017,  Had to take matters into my own hands and research the Wide world Web for other resources in dealing with the Bad Firmware caused by DJI software Engineers.  

Could you please share with all of us?
2017-9-5
Use props
John's I2
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone tried this its a video on how they roll back firmware for dji drones. I haven't used it yet because I'm on V01.00.0330. But I know someone that is going to try it this evening.
2017-9-5
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

John's I2 Posted at 2017-9-5 14:45
Has anyone tried this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTpYaBQ6scE its a video on how they roll back firmware for dji drones. I haven't used it yet because I'm on V01.00.0330. But I know someone that is going to try it this evening.

That video has been posted several times,  however I don't think anyone really wants to be the first to try it. If you end up bricking your drone, DJI will say you voided your warranty. And a $6000 drone is a bit expensive to risk.
2017-9-5
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-5 01:41
Roy, did you try to calibrate your camera? Please have a try first and let me know if it works or not.

Yes, I have calibrated the camera and gimbal for many times already.
2017-9-5
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Philippines

Zen muse x5s off-centered

2017-9-5
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

nazar404.yahoo, i bought my i2 2 weeks ago and received it last thursday my i2 did not come with newest fw i was extremly nervous to download but did it anyways and i have yet to have any issues at all my i2 is perfectly fine atm and i will post if that does change
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Roy C Posted at 2017-9-5 18:47
Yes, I have calibrated the camera and gimbal for many times already.

Did you check the firmware information and see if it updates successfully?
Can you provide a video about this situation? Please upload it to dropbox and post the link here for us to check. Thanks.
2017-9-5
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-5 20:15
Did you check the firmware information and see if it updates successfully?
Can you provide a video about this situation? Please upload it to dropbox and post the link here for us to check. Thanks.

Yes, I checked and update all the firmware on RC controller, the aircraft itself and x5s camera.

Here is the video, I have bind C2 button to reset gimbal yaw to it's default position (should be facing forward but you can see on the video it's default center is about 45 degrees off.

Vid
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Roy C Posted at 2017-9-5 21:22
Yes, I checked and update all the firmware on RC controller, the aircraft itself and x5s camera.

Here is the video, I have bind C2 button to reset gimbal yaw to it's default position (should be facing forward but you can see on the video it's default center is about 45 degrees off.

Please try to calibrate IMU and compass, then shoot a video of self checking. I would transfer it to our engineers for further suggestion. Thanks.
2017-9-5
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-5 22:31
Please try to calibrate IMU and compass, then shoot a video of self checking. I would transfer it to our engineers for further suggestion. Thanks.

I already do the above said calibration many times also in controlled environment.

Basically we were able to fly the drone normally but since I am using Inspire2 for mapping purposes, I got an angular error of 45 degrees.

Luckily Pix4D was able to fix the correct camera orientation through its algorithm but it is still an error that our client can see on the project report.
2017-9-5
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-5 22:31

Hi DJI Elektra,

As of now, I cannot shoot a video of self checking since I already gave it back to our supplier. They are also coordinating with DJI support. I am just checking here if others also experience this problem.
We just bought our I2 last August 22.
2017-9-5
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Philippines

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-5 05:33
Roy, you can also try to adjust the tilt ... I forget where the setting is or what it is called in DJI GO 4, but we had to adjust that setting so it is lighted properly to the horizontal plane.

Setting maybe called "adjust gimbal tilt" or something like that. 45° is a lot though ... ours was only off by a few degrees, we only had to "perfect" it.

Hi paraviz,

Yes, I am using that button for quite a while to roll back the tilt but our problem is different as you can see on the video I shared.
So as reference on yaw pitch and roll.
We got a problem on reset yaw. But the roll of the camera is working properly, I will adjust it the roll then press the reset tilt angle(roll) and it will go back lining up with horizontal axis just fine.

But when it comes to camera orientation default position which should be facing forward. I2 thinks that the center is facing 45 degrees to the left.
2017-9-5
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

May I ask. If your I2 does not perform well, why not open a case with Dji Support and send the I2 in for correction?
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I see. I believe our support will solve this problem soon.
2017-9-5
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Reply to JohnsI2

Yes for your Question, about the video posted, All is good now with April's Firmware V01.0.0330    
Aircraft and downgraded the RC and all is great again!                                                                                                                                                                                                            01.0.0110   Remote Controller

Magic Happened all my troubles went away, just burning up months of my DJI Inspire 2 refresh care while my Aircraft was AOG

I learned my lesson is to never change my firmware again , if its not broken leave it alone .
Please reseach online and you find your answers in how to make your DJI Inspire Drones and other DJI Drones models fly again with the help of some very smart people and Wiki !

Please use the software at your own risk only as your last choice in this matter.

Getting ready now to Evacuate south Florida for hurricane Irma .

all other DJI Drones Models users are reporting the same problems, please draw your own conclusions !!!

"No Roll Back of Firmware"

No thanks to DJI , and very disappointed in how this company has treated the loyal clients and consumers of DJI products.

DJI is more interested in Sales rather then support!!!

2017-9-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules