Restricted flight distance on iOS?
1732 12 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pixelperspective
Second Officer
Flight distance : 417844 ft
Philippines

I am having issues with the Go 4 app on my iOS it tells me that I am restricted from flying beyond 30m and 50m respectively. I have enough satellites, not on any NFZ, outdoors. logged in on the app. uninstalled, reinstalled the app and tried rebooting my iPhone. is this some kind of bug on iOS? I just bought an iPhone 7 yesterday been on android and never had any issues with it except there's a very small delay about input and output....(anyway but my android device is not the issue here). Could anyone help me with this? If this is some kind of bug on iOS then I will just use my Android device till this is fixed on the next update. Oh I am running firmware 0.700 on my Mavic Pro. Also noticed that I can go beyond the said distance.
2017-8-29
Use props
pixelperspective
Second Officer
Philippines

Ok nevermind, solved this by updating aircraft firmware.
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for your update and glad to hear that the case was resolved. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-8-29
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91132 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-29 22:26
Thanks for your update and glad to hear that the case was resolved. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.

I just got the same message today as well.  I'm also running .700 with an iPad mini 4.  Any word on why this is suddenly happening to many people?  I don't want to update the firmware cause it seems the NFZ restrictions are causing many people to lose their drones.  
2017-8-29
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
United States

pixelperspectiv Posted at 2017-8-29 19:19
Ok nevermind, solved this by updating aircraft firmware.

Opening a can of worms now
2017-8-29
Use props
Ribeiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2950994 ft
Brazil

Take a look at this thread DJI Forum.
It is an issue with older firmwares and new DJI Go
2017-8-29
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
United States

So basically only way to get rid of the warning is to upgrade the FW?  I don't like the sound of that.
2017-8-30
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Why would a NFZ restriction cause someone to lose their drone?
2017-8-30
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-8-30 06:46
Why would a NFZ restriction cause someone to lose their drone?

Apparently some are reporting that a sudden nfz designation glitch has caused their drone to do a mandatory landing wherever it is even into a body of water.  It won't return home it just lands where it is.  
2017-8-30
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

SadMavic Posted at 2017-8-30 07:16
Apparently some are reporting that a sudden nfz designation glitch has caused their drone to do a mandatory landing wherever it is even into a body of water.  It won't return home it just lands where it is.

Some are "speculating" that.
2017-8-30
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-8-30 07:21
Some are "speculating" that.

Yeah....I guess it would be hard to prove as the drone is conveniently lost....maybe flight records?
2017-8-30
Use props
pixelperspective
Second Officer
Philippines

Tested the new firmware and seems fine, not much that of a difference from 0.700. Didn't encounter any issues either.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SadMavic Posted at 2017-8-29 23:31
I just got the same message today as well.  I'm also running .700 with an iPad mini 4.  Any word on why this is suddenly happening to many people?  I don't want to update the firmware cause it seems the NFZ restrictions are causing many people to lose their drones.

Please refer to Ribeiro's reply, it pops up because the drone runs an old version firmware with the latest app. Truly speaking, many of the flyaway cases are not related to the NFZ database update, if users can understand the logic the limit of the No Fly Zone and learn about the reaction of the drone when it is near or in NFZ, I believe users might tend to be more careful and know what to do at that time. And please kindly note that if users do not update the NFZ database, the drone might be locked in some places that it shouldn't be. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules