I2 with CrystalSky and GPS Module for Remote Control
4564 18 2017-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
canistraccioil
lvl.2
Italy

Hi folks!
I've mounted the CrystalSky with its mounting bracket on the remote controller.
I'm wondering whether I do need to install the GPS Module for Remote Control too, since CrystalSky is equipped with GPS/GLONASS.

Anyone may help me?
Thanks
Ciao
Paolo

2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

It depends on the way you use. Please tell me your requirement, so I can have a better reply.  
2017-8-30
Use props
canistraccioil
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-30 03:58
It depends on the way you use. Please tell me your requirement, so I can have a better reply.

Hi Elektra

Before to buy CrystalSky, I used the remote controller connected with standard mounting bracket and iPad 10". The GPS module for remote controller was installed on the top of the iPad bracket.

When I received the CrystalSky and its mounting bracket for remote control, I asked myself whether I should install also the GPS module for remote controller.

Yesterday I got the answer: yes, it is required otherwise the return to home can't be set to controller's position.
Therefore I fixed it on the middle top of the CrystalSky: is that correct?
Ciao
Paolo
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

You are right. If you want to set controller's position as home, you should buy the GPS module.
2017-8-31
Use props
canistraccioil
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-31 01:27
You are right. If you want to set controller's position as home, you should buy the GPS module.

got it! than you!
2017-8-31
Use props
canistraccioil
lvl.2
Italy

I did some further testing over this subject, and I found that the situation is much more complicated than expected.
When CrystalSky is connected to the Remote Controller with GPS turned off, the embedded DJI GO 4 app acquire the GPS data coming from the external GPS Module for Remote Control (you may see the blue dot on the map), but somehow the DJI GO 4 app can't use these information to set the home point to Remote Control position: it says the GPS signal is weak and position cannot be recorded (but it's not true, the signal is strong and position is fixed, you may see on the map on the left bottom on the screen).
So I removed the GPS Module for remote control and enabled the GPS on CrystalSky.
This time I could set home point to remote control position.

So my question is: why CrystalSky doesn't correctly manage the information coming from the GPS Module for Remote Controller?
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

canistraccioil Posted at 2017-9-1 01:13
I did some further testing over this subject, and I found that the situation is much more complicated than expected.
When CrystalSky is connected to the Remote Controller with GPS turned off, the embedded DJI GO 4 app acquire the GPS data coming from the external GPS Module for Remote Control (you may see the blue dot on the map), but somehow the DJI GO 4 app can't use these information to set the home point to Remote Control position: it says the GPS signal is weak and position cannot be recorded (but it's not true, the signal is strong and position is fixed, you may see on the map on the left bottom on the screen).
So I removed the GPS Module for remote control and enabled the GPS on CrystalSky.

Did you open the selection of dynamic home point?  
Please enter the attached interface and slip to the left. Make sure that all the setting is done.
interface.jpeg
2017-9-4
Use props
canistraccioil
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-4 03:33
Please enter the attached interface and slip to the left. Make sure that all the setting is done.

Hi Elektra, I did that. I confirm you that all the settings are done correctly.
2017-9-5
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

I think that by default the CS like to work with the new controller cedance, without GPS problems like you met.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

canistraccioil Posted at 2017-9-5 07:34
Hi Elektra, I did that. I confirm you that all the settings are done correctly.

Can you send me the screenshot of the weak GPS signal warning?  Please tell me the info of version likes, app and drone. Thanks.
2017-9-5
Use props
Vjelovic
lvl.2
Croatia

Same here, exactly the same problem.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Vjelovic Posted at 2017-10-13 06:51
Same here, exactly the same problem.

Vjelovic, please follow the advice in 7# and ensure all the setting is done. Then if the app show weak GPS signal, please try to change an environment and try outdoor.
You can move your RC and see if the H point in the map move, too.
Keep us updated, thanks.
2017-10-13
Use props
Segami21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57749 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-31 01:27

Hi, so I just received the CS Ultra and noticed a weak GPS signal strength. so what is this module that I see you discussing. and does it increse the signal strength. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am learning.

Thanks
Peter
2018-1-30
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-4 03:33

There are no settings on this screen shot.
My understanding is that the CrystalSky has built in GPS? But I do not have the Dynamic RTH function anywhere. And I have only 2 RTH icons, not 3. The standing man and triangle. I don't see a way to turn off or on GPS. Help, please. Thanks.
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. CS has built in GPS module. But if you want to use Dynamic RTH function, you need to add this module for now. Also, the system of CS should be V2.4.2.0 or more. The feature will be optimized in the feature so that users can use Dynamic function without adding GPS module in CS.
2018-5-4
Use props
mt_flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207822 ft
United States

4#

want to add B4Ufly, Kittyhawk, and Airmap app... How do I do this
Can I also add google maps?
How can I tell if the built in GPS is working?
2018-5-29
Use props
mt_flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207822 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-4 02:31
Hi, there. CS has built in GPS module. But if you want to use Dynamic RTH function, you need to add this module for now. Also, the system of CS should be V2.4.2.0 or more. The feature will be optimized in the feature so that users can use Dynamic function without adding GPS module in CS.

add "this" module...what is this module
2018-5-29
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

mt_flyer Posted at 2018-5-29 13:03
add "this" module...what is this module

The GPS module for CS.
2018-5-29
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-4 02:31

Miss DJI E,

Any update on this? has the firmware now been allowed to use the CS's gps without the need for the extra gps module? or does one still need to use the external gps module ? using CS with a Cedence.
2019-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules