Gimbal protection guard
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Has somebody experiences with gimbal protection cover for phantom 4 pro (mount underneath gimbal) during flight. In otherwords does it fly stable?
I want to get one , also to put or glue drone registration number/plaque  on , incase i want to fly for example in the usa.i
2017-8-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans616,

The big problem with those gimbal guards is interference with the sensor systems.  There are alternatives to using a gimbal guard most of which is flying very carefully, you could even land in Tripod mode if you need.  As much as hand catches are discouraged, sometimes a hand catch is the safest landing for the P4P.  There are many YouTube videos teaching how to use the hand catch technique.

As for registration numbers, the best system I have found is to print out a few small enough to fit in a bit of "3M Magic Tape".  Then put the tape on your P4P.  It is then easily removable and does not interfere with any sensors.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-30
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok thanks, than i will skip the guard and get some magic tape
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We do not recommend mounting the third-party accessories, for example, the gimbal protection guard. Like Cetacean mentioned, it will affect the Vision Positioning system, the drone might recognize it as ground and keep descending; besides, the damage caused by third-party accessories might not be covered by warranty, so we suggest not using it.
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules