Mavic pro down-link quality
1209 11 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gor1don
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120568 ft
United Kingdom

My Mavic seems to have downlink video quality. I'm using a Nexus 9 tablet but it seems to happen on whatever device I have used. The recorded video is perfect but the video DL becomes garbled with wavy lines which disappear after a few seconds as the screen is updated from top to bottom, then the distortion returns again after a few seconds. I have reset and recalibrated all there is to do, switched the phone to aeroplane mode but nothing seems to fix it. I have uploaded an example here

I've spoken to DJI support but they don't seem to know what they are talking about. They said it was overexposure to start with then they said recalibrate the gimble and EMU, refresh the controller SW all done but has made no difference. It's not a range thing as it will do this 100ft in the air directly above me. You can also sometimes see it on the ground. I have tried this down in a large field away from any interference but it's still the same. Anybody any ideas??

2017-8-30
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Its most likely the CPU of the mobile device struggling with the data rate and/or a dodgy cable between the remote and mobile device.
2017-8-30
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If your tablet has display > mode > set to BASIC.  If the tablet supports high resolutions Display > Resolution > set to 1920 x 1080.  On my Samsung S7, that eliminated app crashes and poor display response, as well as lag in action vs screen action.  Also make sure you shutdown background apps, I also turn off wifi and blu tooth (although that seems to be unnecessary).  These actions reduce processing overhead and reduces power consumption.  On latest Android OS, DJI FW, DJI GO4 App (as of Aug 30 2017) mine is working perfect.
2017-8-30
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Are you always performing the test in the same place? It might as well be interferences. How is your signal? Is your HD icon flashing?
2017-8-30
Use props
gor1don
lvl.1
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2017-8-30 05:35
Its most likely the CPU of the mobile device struggling with the data rate and/or a dodgy cable between the remote and mobile device.

I'm using a Nexus 9 Tablet and have factory reset it with only the DJI GO app running. It seems to do the same on all devices I have used. I have tried various cables from both  sockets
2017-8-30
Use props
gor1don
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-8-30 05:52
If your tablet has display > mode > set to BASIC.  If the tablet supports high resolutions Display > Resolution > set to 1920 x 1080.  On my Samsung S7, that eliminated app crashes and poor display response, as well as lag in action vs screen action.  Also make sure you shutdown background apps, I also turn off wifi and blu tooth (although that seems to be unnecessary).  These actions reduce processing overhead and reduces power consumption.  On latest Android OS, DJI FW, DJI GO4 App (as of Aug 30 2017) mine is working perfect.

Ill try this. My son has the S7 so will try it with that too. Thanks
2017-8-30
Use props
gor1don
lvl.1
United Kingdom

CuaC Posted at 2017-8-30 05:57
Are you always performing the test in the same place? It might as well be interferences. How is your signal? Is your HD icon flashing?

Signals fine no warnings. I thought that it could be interference too but have tried it in an open field about 200M from the closest property, still the same. I have another Galaxy tab and an S7 to try to see if they are any better.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

So the original videos on the SD card don't have this issue, right? Had you tried to reinstall the app? You might also need to pay attention to the HD setting and find the best channel with less interference. Since you have other devices, please test and see if it relates to the mobile device. Looking forward to your feedback.
2017-8-30
Use props
gor1don
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-30 23:12
So the original videos on the SD card don't have this issue, right? Had you tried to reinstall the app? You might also need to pay attention to the HD setting and find the best channel with less interference. Since you have other devices, please test and see if it relates to the mobile device. Looking forward to your feedback.

This has been happening a while now and have contacted support on several occasions. I have been asked and have done the following, Refreshed the SW on the controller and Mavic. Reinstalled the app, tried it on several phones/tablets, recalibrated the gimble, IMU, compass. Reset the camera settings. tried different camera resolutions. Reformatted and tried different SD cards (Videos recorded on the card are perfect BTW).  Tried different cables from both sockets on the controller. Tried in a built up area and in the middle of a large field away from any WIFI or transmission towers. With the Mavic on the ground, I can see the screen being updated as in the video from top to bottom but as I move the "ghosts" reappear only to disappear as the screen is updated. Its all very frustrating.
2017-8-31
Use props
gor1don
lvl.1
United Kingdom

gor1don Posted at 2017-8-30 06:36
Ill try this. My son has the S7 so will try it with that too. Thanks

Tried it with the S7 still the same
2017-9-1
Use props
gor1don
lvl.1
United Kingdom

gor1don Posted at 2017-8-30 06:35
Signals fine no warnings. I thought that it could be interference too but have tried it in an open field about 200M from the closest property, still the same. I have another Galaxy tab and an S7 to try to see if they are any better.

Tab was worse and the S7 was the
2017-9-1
Use props
gor1don
lvl.1
United Kingdom

gor1don Posted at 2017-9-1 06:29
Tab was worse and the S7 was the

Now sent the Mavic and controller back for investigation. I will let you know the outcome
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules