Camera blurred side after upgrade
1880 18 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

I purchased mavic fly more combo in january...because the mavic was flying perfectly with one single problem of precision landing not function at all...I refused to apply any fw update because of no need of it...mavic perfectly stable and reliable in every situation. My only big disappointment was the camera...beign in the first group that noticed that center image colorization problem...the heavy noise and noise reduction problems. But at least my camera was sharp entire field...happy about that because others not so lucky.My mavic has arrived from the factory with 1.03.0100 fw...an firmware never released publicly.

After so much months readding about different camera image quality improvement and wanting even to see in action that precision landing decided in an impulse to update the firmware.

Bad decision...after update noticed immediately looking at my first video that now the camera has the well-discussed problem aka blurred side or corner...
Tried all calibrations imu/compass and camera reset...refresh firmware and even upgrading again firmware but the problem remained....
On original 1.03.100 fw my camera never exposed that defect of bad focusing/blur on the side...I have a bunch of videos and pictures that are correct...now with new firmware seems that almost always mostly left 1/15 frame is blurred with an accent on the top left corner...sometimes for a short period when autofocus engage seems that blur is moving in right side /lower corner but mostly remaining in left side left the upper corner.
My mavic never been crashed or even more hard landing...most landings are in the palm...

I want to ask a DJI staff if I could receive my original mavic firmware 1.03.0100 because with that fw my camera was focusing correctly without that side blur. Or at least the camera module firmware only.

Tx!
2017-8-30
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I wanted to wait until a moderator or someone else with more knowledge weighed-in; it seems unlikely that your lens became decentered coincidentally with the firmware update, but I guess it's possible. I've read of one user who was having an inconsistent focus field problem and resolved it with a gimbal recalibration -- seemed weird to me at the time but maybe there's something to it. I'd check to make sure your gimbal is seated correctly and not hung up on something or displaced, then give it a shot. Otherwise, open a support ticket. Good luck.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Had you checked the lens? Was there a dirt on it? Could you please upload some original videos and pictures from the drone to Dropbox and paste the link here so I can check more?
2017-8-30
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

Camera was not dirty, gimbal in place....as I say the focus sometimes shift...when auto-focus will move sometime from upper right to down left...or sometimes will be more ok with all frame in equilibrium.
2017-8-31
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-30 22:31
Had you checked the lens? Was there a dirt on it? Could you please upload some original videos and pictures from the drone to Dropbox and paste the link here so I can check more?

working link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iigx8u4qk7pseyi/mavic%20bad%20focus.zip?dl=0
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

daivatam Posted at 2017-8-31 15:58
working link

Thanks for the feedback, I'll forward this to our engineers to check, will reply you once I heard from them, thanks for your patience.
2017-9-1
Use props
Kevinc69
New
Flight distance : 814380 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue. Not happy with the sharpness of the photos. I'll be watching for any solutions.
2017-9-1
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

daivatam Posted at 2017-8-31 15:58
working link

Thank you....all I know is that in 7 months that I stayed on original firmware 1.03.0100 even if times to times I looked for that known problem that others encountered....The side/corner blur was never obvious...or really noticed it....but immediately after updating even without special attention to it ...it become noticeable and pop in the eyes....it is like focus/auto-focus algorithm has changed and now it is not compensate for slight lens defect picking a maximum point of sharpness for a part of image in loss of sharpness for all frame...because that the sometimes the focus blur shift from left to right and sometimes will make entire frame ok...
2017-9-1
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-1 01:28
Thanks for the feedback, I'll forward this to our engineers to check, will reply you once I heard from them, thanks for your patience.

Hi!
I just returned from a trip to Thassos island Greece and, the pictures and videos are terrible...the left /upper side frame blur is ruining almost every shoot. Like I said never had that problem until I updated the mavic from original factory FW 1.03.0100 the problem appeared from the first shoot. I tried everything... re-update, refresh, reset camera settings multiple times/ sold with one battery dead because of fw failed. Please, it is possible to send me or give access to the FW module of the camera from 1.03.0100 factory firmware? Else my only option is to send the mavic in. I am from Romania Europe then I will need to send it on my cost from what I understand...no return label? Please send me the camera fw module...to try this first.Tx!
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

daivatam Posted at 2017-9-14 01:40
Hi!
I just returned from a trip to Thassos island Greece and, the pictures and videos are terrible...the left /upper side frame blur is ruining almost every shoot. Like I said never had that problem until I updated the mavic from original factory FW 1.03.0100 the problem appeared from the first shoot. I tried everything... re-update, refresh, reset camera settings multiple times/ sold with one battery dead because of fw failed. Please, it is possible to send me or give access to the FW module of the camera from 1.03.0100 factory firmware? Else my only option is to send the mavic in. I am from Romania Europe then I will need to send it on my cost from what I understand...no return label? Please send me the camera fw module...to try this first.Tx!

Hi, there, I am so sorry for this case. And I got news from our engineers. It is recommended sending the drone back for repair because it might be a hardware issue. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

2017-9-14
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-14 04:16
Hi, there, I am so sorry for this case. And I got news from our engineers. It is recommended sending the drone back for repair because it might be a hardware issue. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

Ok I will try to understand how this RMA process work and what will be the cost of sending the Mavic....I presume that to Germany from what I read in the past....the DHL cost will be substantial I think. What should I send only the Mavic without the battery and remote or whole package?

But if it is a hardware defect how this not manifested prior updating firmware and appeared instantly after update without any other event between? It is an early camera problem exhibited only by newest firmware's?
2017-9-14
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

more samples from other days:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0yz26 ... bnwtuqjk5sMkaa?dl=0

sometimes the blur is in left/top other times in right...other times seems also in the left and in the  right or left up corner down right corner...
2017-9-14
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

Also if I send it for repair I am afraid from what I read by other users that never the same mavic was  returned...mostly refurbished units returned...this is why I wanted a easiest test to see if the original firmware still repair the camera...
2017-9-14
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

But if it is a hardware defect how this not manifested prior updating firmware and appeared instantly after update without any other event between? It is an early camera problem exhibited only by newest firmware's?
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

daivatam Posted at 2017-9-15 06:53

Sorry, according to the result, it seems that it is not a firmware issue. Please send the drone back in your convenience. Will do our best to get it addressed. Thank you for your patience.
2017-9-15
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-15 19:35
Sorry, according to the result, it seems that it is not a firmware issue. Please send the drone back in your convenience. Will do our best to get it addressed. Thank you for your patience.

Hi, I decided as per your advice to send the Mavic. It has just arrived at the service facility in Germany. The case number is CAS-1034912-J3P2D4. PLease update me if U could about progress. I hope they will change/repair only the camera, not entire Mavic because it is fly perfectly and has taken good care of him. Thank you!
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

daivatam Posted at 2017-9-29 01:02
Hi, I decided as per your advice to send the Mavic. It has just arrived at the service facility in Germany. The case number is CAS-1034912-J3P2D4. PLease update me if U could about progress. I hope they will change/repair only the camera, not entire Mavic because it is fly perfectly and has taken good care of him. Thank you!

The gimbal and camera will be replaced, the quotation has been sent to you, please check more details in email.
2017-9-29
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-29 05:47
The gimbal and camera will be replaced, the quotation has been sent to you, please check more details in email.

Thank you for reply DJI Mindy I will check with my retailer because I send the Mavic thru them.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

daivatam Posted at 2017-9-29 06:13
Thank you for reply DJI Mindy I will check with my retailer because I send the Mavic thru them.

Sure, please keep us updated if your need any assistance.
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules