Gimbal YAWS Automatically...
864 8 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Not sure what is going on with my Mavic...I've noticed that when it is hovering in flight OR just sitting on the ground that the video shows the camera slowly sliding/yawing.  Anyone experience this?  It is a very slow pan..VERY; I'd say it is close to 1/4 of a 'normal cinematic pan'.  It definately requires correction when filming; this requires you to reposition the Mavic which is not ideal.  Gimbal recalibrations don't make any improvment...
2017-8-30
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Mine *might* be doing that too.  Im undecided if its yaw or the gimbal drifting.  Sometimes left, sometimes right.
As there seems to be a bug with the latest firmware meaning i cant extract a .dat file i cant look at the logs to see if it IS yaw or not to investigate.
Turning off the synchronous gimbal option in the menu might stop this if it is the gimbal.
2017-8-30
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

gnirtS Posted at 2017-8-30 13:37
Mine *might* be doing that too.  Im undecided if its yaw or the gimbal drifting.  Sometimes left, sometimes right.
As there seems to be a bug with the latest firmware meaning i cant extract a .dat file i cant look at the logs to see if it IS yaw or not to investigate.
Turning off the synchronous gimbal option in the menu might stop this if it is the gimbal.

For me it is the gimbal drifting since it does the same thing when on the ground...
2017-8-30
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed...there was supposed to be some fix in .1000 for the gimbal drift I think, but mine drifts more now when on the ground than it did with .900.   Not sure why at all....

LP
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi all, could you guys who encounter the problem with gimbal drift in the latest firmware please provide the video of this case to us? I'll help to check and forward to our engineers to check more. Thank you so much in advance.
2017-8-30
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

LeafPeeper Posted at 2017-8-30 18:02
Agreed...there was supposed to be some fix in .1000 for the gimbal drift I think, but mine drifts more now when on the ground than it did with .900.   Not sure why at all....

LP

I am on FW .800 an only just started having drift issue; many many flights on .800 without issues...then all of a sudden, drift all the time....
2017-8-30
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

I will add also (didn't want to complicate things) that my Mavic IS ALSO NOT MOVING STRAIGHT. Exactly like the new thread on this same topic.  Never heard of either issues before and I suspect that they must be interrelated as both conditions happened exactly at the same time.
2017-8-31
Use props
fanseacc58a6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 694508 ft
Canada

Same issue here but on a p4p v2... I have the pvp2 pvp2+ p3p and all fly in a straight line. Mine yaws just like yours.
www.opspeculate.com
2019-2-23
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

fanseacc58a6 Posted at 2-23 12:19
Same issue here but on a p4p v2... I have the pvp2 pvp2+ p3p and all fly in a straight line. Mine yaws just like yours.
www.opspeculate.com

Wow..went to your website- great photos/vids!  I grew up in the Parry Sound area...any chance some of your media is from this neck of the woods (some of it looks familiar).  Great work.
2019-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules