Anyone heard of this...
2376 17 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
agonzarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

Lost my Spark today.  Flying over a small river, 5ft above the water, drone in line of site.  I had anywhere from 10-19 satellites connected, signal dropped, drone went up but did not return to my most recent "home point" which was 100ft from where the drone went rogue.  After loosing site, I referred to the "find my drone" application only to find out that the drone appeared to have returned to a previous home point a few blocks away.  Weirdly I had multiple home points in between the two but for some reason it chose that one.  After 2 hours of searching, no drone to be found.  I was connected via controller and OTG cable to my iPhone, drone was no where near a max range at all.  DJI is reviewing, just wondered if anyone has had one return to a previous home point and found it?

Happy Flying

2017-8-30
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you palm launch at any point during the flight?
2017-8-30
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-8-30 14:09
Did you palm launch at any point during the flight?

Not at all.  I've actually never palm launched the aircraft nor used gesture mode.  Always connected through remote and OTG cable.  
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Sorry for your loss, please contact our support and start a case, http://www.dji.com/support. Please follow the video below to export your flight data and provide it to the support, we will find out the problems as soon as possible. Thanks.
2017-8-30
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-30 19:36
Sorry for your loss, please contact our support and start a case, http://www.dji.com/support. Please follow the video below to export your flight data and provide it to the support, we will find out the problems as soon as possible. Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

Thank you DJI Electra. I started a case immediately yesterday. I hope to hear back soon as I have 2 vacations coming up for which the drone was recently purchased!
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

agonzarn Posted at 2017-8-31 07:32
Thank you DJI Electra. I started a case immediately yesterday. I hope to hear back soon as I have 2 vacations coming up for which the drone was recently purchased!

I believe that it will be solved soon, if you have any question,please feel free to talk to us.
2017-8-31
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
United States

Day 3 of searching...  I think I have to call this rescue mission.  
IMG_7592.PNG
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

agonzarn Posted at 2017-9-2 09:03
Day 3 of searching...  I think I have to call this rescue mission.

Sympathize with your unfortunate, had you found the drone in the end? Since you had opened the data analysis, we will also help to the actual reason for this loss. Thanks for your patience.
2017-9-2
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-2 18:23
Sympathize with your unfortunate, had you found the drone in the end? Since you had opened the data analysis, we will also help to the actual reason for this loss. Thanks for your patience.

Never found. I've given up after 3 days.  I'm told it's being worked on but I haven't received a case number.  Just hoping to figure something out ASAP as I have a trip next weekend.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

agonzarn Posted at 2017-9-2 18:32
Never found. I've given up after 3 days.  I'm told it's being worked on but I haven't received a case number.  Just hoping to figure something out ASAP as I have a trip next weekend.

Could you please provide me with your ticket number so I can get more info?
2017-9-4
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-4 03:28
Could you please provide me with your ticket number so I can get more info?

DJI Thor, I sent a PM. Thank you
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

agonzarn Posted at 2017-9-4 04:48
DJI Thor, I sent a PM. Thank you

Could you please export the flight record, then upload it to the Dropbox so I can download it? I'd like to forward it to our engineers directly for analysis.
For Android devices, the flight records stored in …\DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord\,
For iOS devices, connect the device to the computer, launch the iTunes, find the flight records in the DJI GO 4 app.
2017-9-4
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
United States

4 Days ago I was told i would have an email in 24-48 hours, nothing still....... 1 vacation down without drone, 2 more coming up.  I hope I can get a solution by then!
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

agonzarn Posted at 2017-9-10 16:09
4 Days ago I was told i would have an email in 24-48 hours, nothing still....... 1 vacation down without drone, 2 more coming up.  I hope I can get a solution by then!

Sorry for this. Could you please provide us your ticket number and the data mentioned by DJI Diana? Thank you.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

agonzarn Posted at 2017-9-10 16:09

Hi, had received your PM, checked your case and it seems we haven't received your flight records. We need the flight data to start the analysis. Could you please help to export the flight data directly and provide it to us? We will help to forward it to our engineers to look into it. Appreciate your assistance so much.
2017-9-11
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
United States

I've asked now 3x how to upload to the server. The provided video ends at the folder. Where do I send it?  I uploaded t from the dji app as instructed. If you don't have my flight data then how do the techs keep telling me they are working on it? It's continual run around, I'm not the first person to post about this.
2017-9-12
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
United States

Looks like the case is moving forward after 2 weeks.  The supervisor, Anthony has been very helpful, and was able to get the ball rolling.  
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

agonzarn Posted at 2017-9-13 16:24
Looks like the case is moving forward after 2 weeks.  The supervisor, Anthony has been very helpful, and was able to get the ball rolling.

I had received your PM, sorry for the late reply, I had checked your case again and the analyzing is under the process, I had informed the proper team to escalate it, will contact you once there is a result. Appreciate so much of your patience.
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules