Fly away spark!
2279 14 2017-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfddfa4ce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75459 ft
United States

Add me to the list of fly aways and lost Sparks! Just an hour ago I was flying at Huntington Beach, I was finishing up a review I had been working on about the Sparks photo abilities. Everything was fine, drone not 20 feet of the ground and 20-30 away and it just went off on its own. For about 6 seconds it was doing it's own thing. I had zero control of the Spark. The Spark hit the pier and fell in the sea. Myself and three other people looked for it. The spark was not found. I will be posting about it tomorrow on my youtube channel. I'm not happy! For three weeks I worked on very extensive review on the drone. I'm thankful nobody was hurt. I ask DJI to make good on this event.

Matt Brown

2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

I can understand you have a bad feeling when you lost your spark. And I would recommend you contact the support first and provide flight data. If you film videos when you flew your drone, you can also provide them. Here is the link and please follow the steps and export your data.
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-30
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Question:
Before it was "doing it's own thing", did it get disconnected for some time?
And you could do, what ever you want, at the joysticks, no response?
2017-8-31
Use props
mattbrown
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-8-31 03:16
Question:
Before it was "doing it's own thing", did in get disconnected for some time?
And you could do, what ever you want, at the joysticks, no response?

I never received a disconnected display.  Joystick had zero control of the drone. I'm glad nobody was hurt, it was a very scary moment.  
2017-8-31
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ok, asking different:
Before it got mad, was the drone "parking" in the air some time and you had used the joysticks a lot?
And can it be that the course it did on its own have been your joystick moves from all the time it didnt move?

2017-8-31
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

That sucks man. I lost mine yesterday as well, went rogue and elevated on its own. Good luck with the case, I hope they address these cases properly.
2017-8-31
Use props
mattbrown
lvl.1
United States

agonzarn Posted at 2017-8-31 07:38
That sucks man. I lost mine yesterday as well, went rogue and elevated on its own. Good luck with the case, I hope they address these cases properly.

What are the details to your drone fly away?
2017-8-31
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
United States

mattbrown Posted at 2017-8-31 17:03

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid936283
2017-8-31
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
United States

mattbrown Posted at 2017-8-31 17:03

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid936283
2017-8-31
Use props
mattbrown
lvl.1
United States

agonzarn Posted at 2017-8-31 17:37
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=111141&page=1#pid936283

Wow. My buddy had that same problem. What the hell is going on.
2017-9-1
Use props
mattbrown
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-8-31 07:21
Ok, asking different:
Before it got mad, was the drone "parking" in the air some time and you had used the joysticks a lot?
And can it be that the course it did on its own have been your joystick moves from all the time it didnt move?

It was parked in the air as I was taking photos. I wasn't using the joystick that more, slow and detailed movements.
2017-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Can you post flight log to ph

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-10-1
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was using the advanced gesture controls last week and after relative success the drone just ascended and started flying away from me... As I looked at it fly away my heart sank and I thought well, I'm another flyaway stat - then it suddenly stopped, hovered and started to land - I then realised that the drone returned to the point where I started gestures with palm launch and it had run low on battery carrying out a gesture based RTH by itself. I ran back after it and it landed safely in my palm! Can't wait for firmware .700 which I believe will reset the homepoint to the drones current position every 20 seconds whilst in gesture mode - that will save me running after my Spark though it was my fault flying in gesture mode without paying attention to the battery though thankfully no crash, no loss and no harm done in my case.   
2017-10-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ACW Posted at 2017-10-1 10:06
I was using the advanced gesture controls last week and after relative success the drone just ascended and started flying away from me... As I looked at it fly away my heart sank and I thought well, I'm another flyaway stat - then it suddenly stopped, hovered and started to land - I then realised that the drone returned to the point where I started gestures with palm launch and it had run low on battery carrying out a gesture based RTH by itself. I ran back after it and it landed safely in my palm! Can't wait for firmware .700 which I believe will reset the homepoint to the drones current position every 20 seconds whilst in gesture mode - that will save me running after my Spark though it was my fault flying in gesture mode without paying attention to the battery though thankfully no crash, no loss and no harm done in my case.

ACW, please ensure that the GPS signal is good enough before flight and do a preflight check.
When it comes to .700 firmware, please wait for the release note. Thanks.
2017-10-13
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks - I always do preflight checks and never take off without 12 sats and a homepoint set. As I stated, this was a normal low battery RTH whilst in gesture mode - it wasn’t a flyaway - I just thought is was for about 10 seconds until I realised what the drone was doing.
2017-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules