Geo warning
959 6 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SecaBluePro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 473825 ft
Sweden

Hi, this is my first thread, as I am not sure how to report a Geo warning error.

I was recently flying commercially in Gdansk, Poland, at exact co-ordinates 54.382596, 18.654583 which puts me outside the ATC.  By checking here - http://ai.pansa.pl/dron/ you can clearly see I am approx 200m clear, and even that zone is acceptable for flights max 100m altitude.

I didn't have data connected on my iPad, so I could not log the Geo warning error before flight, and then it just prompted me with the 'fly with caution' and RTH features limited.

I have current Firmware updated and no other issues with the GPS or compass.   Any other ideas why the drone gave me the warning?... would have been annoying if I had to submit an approval to fly via the App.

Thanks heaps!

Andrew.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please check the NFZ from here first: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly. You can submit the unlock request to the Flysafe Team via flysafe@dji.com.
2017-8-31
Use props
SecaBluePro
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-31 20:22
Please check the NFZ from here first: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly. You can submit the unlock request to the Flysafe Team via .

Hi Susan,

Yep, did that... the only NFZ DJI have on the link you shared is over the Gdansk Stadium, 800m away.  So there is still something wrong with the Geo Data given to my drone.

It really could not have thought it was in a different location than it was... the sky was clear, and it had excellent SAT connection all the time.
So my point being... I should not have had to submit any unlock request where I was flying, and my RTH features should not have been restricted.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SecaBluePro Posted at 2017-8-31 23:04
Hi Susan,

Yep, did that... the only NFZ DJI have on the link you shared is over the Gdansk Stadium, 800m away.  So there is still something wrong with the Geo Data given to my drone.

Could you PM me your ticket number and email address? I'd like to look into it.
2017-9-2
Use props
SecaBluePro
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-2 00:41
Could you PM me your ticket number and email address? I'd like to look into it.

Hi Susan,

As I have stated in the original post, my iPad does not have any data (4G etc) and there was no WiFi on site for this job, so when I started the DJI App to fly, it would not let me raise a ticket no. or submit a GeoWarning Error.   All I could do was accept the reduced RTH capability and accept to fly with caution.

I knew I was geographically outside any ATC and NFZ, so safe to fly.   If you can use my Lat/Long co-ordinates I gave above, you should be able to match what DJI has on record in this area and calculate the error.

Thanks
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SecaBluePro Posted at 2017-9-4 01:25
Hi Susan,

As I have stated in the original post, my iPad does not have any data (4G etc) and there was no WiFi on site for this job, so when I started the DJI App to fly, it would not let me raise a ticket no. or submit a GeoWarning Error.   All I could do was accept the reduced RTH capability and accept to fly with caution.

As I mentioned above, you can send email to flysafe@dji.com when you come back or the network is available, the flysafe team will take care of it.
2017-9-5
Use props
SecaBluePro
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-5 02:53
As I mentioned above, you can send email to  when you come back or the network is available, the flysafe team will take care of it.

I am not sure I understand you... I am not on that site anymore... and cannot return there easily as it is in Poland.   So I cannot log this error again by attempting to fly there again.

Unless you are saying that there is another way I can send my flight information records to the FlySafe team?   Please let me know how - as I am confused now.

I am running an Apple iPad Air with DJI Go 4 app.
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules