Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Goggles for Spark
7034 12 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DennisG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 216670 ft
United States

Hi:
I was wondering if anyone has tried the DJI goggles for the Spark? Also, is it possible to use a Samsung Gear VR goggle with the Spark?

2017-8-31
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I received my goggles for the spark last week.  It's not a perfect experience, but I do enjoy using them and feel that they will have practical purpose.

The one nagging issue is that if one hooks up googles and spark, you will be under flight restrictions (distance and height).  The only way (currently) to undo the flight restrictions is to connect the spark to the phone and app first, then transfer control to the goggles.  At that point the flight restrictions are lifted.
2017-8-31
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Had my DJI Goggles for a month now.

If you check the forum, you'll see that until 2 weeks ago, the Spark was not officially supported although it was possible - but not viable - to fly with them.

Now, as Charles mentions above, it is still not a smooth sailing experience. It is FAR better than before but there are some caveats and there are still bugs with several features. We could say it is viable but at the same time, I still hope DJI will continue to clean their Goggles firmware.

I would suggest you hold off for another month and check back here for an updated status.
2017-8-31
Use props
DennisG
lvl.4
United States

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-8-31 06:14
Had my DJI Goggles for a month now.

If you check the forum, you'll see that until 2 weeks ago, the Spark was not officially supported although it was possible - but not viable - to fly with them.

Thanks for the info.  I'll wait a bit....
2017-8-31
Use props
DennisG
lvl.4
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-31 05:42
Yes, I received my goggles for the spark last week.  It's not a perfect experience, but I do enjoy using them and feel that they will have practical purpose.

The one nagging issue is that if one hooks up googles and spark, you will be under flight restrictions (distance and height).  The only way (currently) to undo the flight restrictions is to connect the spark to the phone and app first, then transfer control to the goggles.  At that point the flight restrictions are lifted.

That's good info, Thanks!  Dennis
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please notice that we would not recommend you use a Samsung Gear VR goggle with spark.
2017-8-31
Use props
kev001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251778 ft
United Kingdom

You can use any VR Goggles using the Lichi App.  Even the Gimbal control works.  Head movement up and down moves the camera.  Head movement left and right rotates the spark.
2017-9-1
Use props
Sparktacular
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42011 ft
United States

Need $700 for
2017-9-1
Use props
Sparktacular
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42011 ft
United States

another review in french..can someone translate hehe ..just ff to 9:00 to see the spark and the goggles

2017-9-1
Use props
Pegasus79
lvl.1

United States

just got my spark.  First drone.  I'm an amputee so my brother flies the drone for me but i'd like to get a set of vr goggles while he flies it.  Are any compatible?  Like some of the more affordable brands?  I'm on a  budget and just the drone was a major purchase.
2017-9-1
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Pegasus79 Posted at 2017-9-1 18:46
just got my spark.  First drone.  I'm an amputee so my brother flies the drone for me but i'd like to get a set of vr goggles while he flies it.  Are any compatible?  Like some of the more affordable brands?  I'm on a  budget and just the drone was a major purchase.

I've heard that other vr goggles work, but only the DJI Goggles are officially supported.
2017-9-1
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Pegasus79 Posted at 2017-9-1 18:46

One other note in favor of the DJI Goggles.  When configured to do so, you can use the goggles to steer the spark.  If this is of interest to you, you would be able to take on many of the flight controls yourself.
2017-9-1
Use props
Pegasus79
lvl.1

United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-1 19:36
One other note in favor of the DJI Goggles.  When configured to do so, you can use the goggles to steer the spark.  If this is of interest to you, you would be able to take on many of the flight controls yourself.

Really?  Steer it huh.  What about altitude?  How does that all work?
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules