DJI GO 4 v4.1.9 Released 8/30/2017
1748 11 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Has anyone updated to this iOS version yet? The update notes list the following;

What's New in Version 4.1.9
Spark:
- Added new notifications to improve flight safety and user experience.
- Bug fixes.
I fly an Inspire 2 so I'm in no hurry to update.

2017-8-31
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I already see enough "New notifications."  Screen is getting too cluttered with notices as it is, and I wish for less finger presses and swipes to get rid of them rather than paying attention to flying the thing.  I could live with turning off the amber ones someplace.
2017-8-31
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-8-31 06:53
I already see enough "New notifications."  Screen is getting too cluttered with notices as it is, and I wish for less finger presses and swipes to get rid of them rather than paying attention to flying the thing.  I could live with turning off the amber ones someplace.

I have to agree with that. I especially hate the notices that reappear after you have dismissed them. I've started using my iPad Pro 12.9" more so that I can have more screen real estate to fit everything in. That, and I like the big "A" screen. :-)
2017-8-31
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

I'd be curious to know if it alleviates some of the incredible overhead that the iPad mini 4 has to process. Version 4.1.5-4.1.7 put such high CPU load on the thing that the video turns to a disaster really quick.

With that, I'm definitely in no hurry to update unless these updates actually fix the serious problems we're having.
2017-8-31
Use props
Seachronicity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 852792 ft
United States

Performed upgrade.  Then received 3 CPU overload warnings.
2017-8-31
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Seachronicity Posted at 2017-8-31 14:45
Performed upgrade.  Then received 3 CPU overload warnings.

Worse than it was before on 4.1.7 and lower?
2017-8-31
Use props
Seachronicity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 852792 ft
United States

About the same
2017-8-31
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-31 15:09
Worse than it was before on 4.1.7 and lower?

Probably no difference since the release notes only mention updates for the Spark.  It funny how the DJI toy keeps getting updates but us guys with the "Professional" model have been pretty much grounded since late June because DJI screwed up either our firmware or software or maybe even both.
2017-8-31
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Grrrr ... What the heck happened to what I purchased?

It used to be so good.
I mean seriously though, I did not know that my DJI technology would only be as good as "whatever mobile device I have plugged in right now" ... That's not cool. These issues with either the firmware or the app or whatever it is are so extremely discouraging.
2017-8-31
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-31 18:29
Grrrr ... What the heck happened to what I purchased?

It used to be so good.

Meanwhile my 7.85 crystalsky is still at version 4.1.5 not sure if that's good or bad !

Don't think it all updates at the same time
2017-8-31
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys...I posted some additional information here...
2017-9-1
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-8-31 18:29
Probably no difference since the release notes only mention updates for the Spark.  It funny how the DJI toy keeps getting updates but us guys with the "Professional" model have been pretty much grounded since late June because DJI screwed up either our firmware or software or maybe even both.

I agree, Blackwood. Yesterday I flew my I2 using GSP to map our hunting lease while my dad did the same using his Phantom 4 (original) and his results were much better than mine. My I2 is almost always canted a dozen or so degrees to one side for most shots then occasionally corrects itself which means the stitching software doesn't handle it well. Dad's images are all lined up as they should be and the finished product is much more usable. I have lost track of how many times I have calibrated the various components on my I2. I'm wishing that I had never sold my P4 and P4P.
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules