Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Feature Request: Be able to control DJI Osmo Mobile remotely
12Next >
45654 64 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rcayca
lvl.2
Canada

The feature of being able to control the DJI Osmo Mobile remotely with an additional smartphone needs to be added. There are just many reasons why this is useful. You can remotely start and stop video without being in front of the phone. You can pan and tilt the Osmo remotely when it is in an area that is hard to reach (i.e. attached to a long monopod).

I am not sure if the Osmo hardware is able to support this, but it is definitely something that should be considered and I am surprised it doesn't already exist. The Zhiyun Smooth Q already has this feature which you can see in the following video link:

I don't see why the Osmo mobile wouldn't be able to do this with a simple software update. Please take my request seriously and add this feature. I love DJI products, but they are lacking in some areas.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This function is awesome, appreciate your sharing, I would forward to our engineers for future consideration, thanks.
2017-8-31
Use props
JBTAN
New
Singapore

Has this feature been incorporated? This will solve a whole load of problems that I currently have... especially in situations where I want to place the Osmo Mobile on a stand and have my friend located 10 feet away to remotely control the Osmo Mobile panning shots while I act out my scene. Please make this available as soon as possible! Thanks!
2017-10-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be a nice addition!
2017-10-24
Use props
AdamJD
New

United States

Wow...I'm looking at the Osmo Mobile and Smooth Q trying to make a decision. I really want to go with Osmo Mobile for the build strength and I'm just not sure of Zhiyun Tech as a company...but no remote control AND wacky vertical video implementation (holding the stick sideways) AND low battery life (don't you have a stronger battery add-on?) really make it hard to justify.
BTW - Safari wouldn't let me post...does this forum require java???
2017-11-13
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 23:02
This function is awesome, appreciate your sharing, I would forward to our engineers for future consideration, thanks.

Any news regarding that feature for Osmo Mobile?
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SafariMan Posted at 2017-11-22 22:35
Any news regarding that feature for Osmo Mobile?

Not yet, Sir, appreciate your interest and patience.
2017-11-23
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-23 04:50
Not yet, Sir, appreciate your interest and patience.

Thanks for the reply. I just hope your devs are looking at it.
2017-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

SafariMan Posted at 2017-11-24 04:48
Thanks for the reply. I just hope your devs are looking at it.

I just tried yesterday, but it won't connect to 2 devices.
2017-11-24
Use props
fans66f2364e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313136 ft
  • >>>
Italy

+1 Osmo Mobile app need an upgrade
not a good result with stabilized lens (iPhone +, iPhone X....) and the possibility to have a remote control (joystick + remote view if possible...)
2017-12-1
Use props
fans7075ff8c
lvl.1
United States

I would LOVE the remote control of the gimbal feature also.
2017-12-6
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

This is a perfect feature for Apple Watch. Need to expand the DJIGo app to include watch functions.
2017-12-7
Use props
Justin40
New
Malaysia

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-24 11:58
I just tried yesterday, but it won't connect to 2 devices.

I believe you need to use your phone camera that attach to the DJI osmo mobile and then connect 2nd phone to the osmo mobile to work as the remote control. then you are able to remotely control your osmo mobile gimbal pan and tilt.
2017-12-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Justin40 Posted at 2017-12-21 15:15
I believe you need to use your phone camera that attach to the DJI osmo mobile and then connect 2nd phone to the osmo mobile to work as the remote control. then you are able to remotely control your osmo mobile gimbal pan and tilt.

It is very interesting.
Not sure if the Go app needs the feed from the camera.
When I get my tripod adapter, I will give it a try.
2017-12-22
Use props
Southtdi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14590 ft
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2017-12-7 19:34
This is a perfect feature for Apple Watch. Need to expand the DJIGo app to include watch functions.

Fully agree. Heck, if I can have a joystick on the screen to control a sphero device, it should be hard to have one to control the Osmo.
2017-12-25
Use props
plugowski
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113488 ft
Poland

+1 for that, that would be also great to have possibility to setup motion timelapse without recording via phone - for example I want to assemby GoPro on OSMO Mobile 2 and record via action cam instead mobile phone. So I want to setup points via gimbal and start to pan and tilt...
2018-2-16
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

I'd like that too but update the app to handle 4K 60fps and 1080p 240fps slo-mo first.
2018-2-16
Use props
fans3c604f44
New
United States

I have a solution to remotely control your video or camera on and off from a distance. This works on my Galaxy S7.  I purchased a bluetooth shutter control from Amazon. It is made by Gadgin. It will only control the shutter on the camera if used with the built in camera app on my Android S7 but when I run the DJI software it will either take pictures when you press the remote button in camera mode or it will turn on and off video with each press of the button in video mode. This works perfect on the DJI Osmo Mobile with the extended selfie stick since the controls are out of reach on the Osmo. I just attached this little button on the hand strap on the DJI Selfie Stick, turn off the bluetooth to the Osmo and connect the bluetooth to the Gadgin Remote Shutter. Now I can walk around and turn the video on and off by pressing the remote button. Also works perfect on the DJI Tripod and Selfie Stick from a distance away. It seems to work from about 50 ft. away with no problem. Hope this is good information for others. John
https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth ... dgin+remote+shutter
Gadgin.JPG
2018-2-16
Use props
Oneplus 5t
lvl.1

France

Waiting for this to be added for the osmo mobile 2
2018-3-1
Use props
mveras
New
United States

I thought I was the only one that wanted a remote control for the gimbal. Is this being taken in consideration? That would be a unique killer feature.
2018-6-3
Use props
Tiki_OSX
New
Flight distance : 88553 ft
Mexico

Yup! Please add that function!
2018-7-12
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391444 ft
Netherlands

Is, after a year now, there some news about this request? Although I have both a Mavic Air and OSMO 2 I think there should be put more effort in (Android) app. After 2 weeks I already bought the FiLMiC Pro app. However I think the developer of a great working piece of equipment like the OSMO should do a better job on the app that comes along with it.
2018-8-13
Use props
djiuser_r9vTLeEJcLbF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50919 ft
Finland

Motiontimelapse videos are useless (even in dji go own app because app says it doesnt support file...wtf! and yes i use 1080 resolution not 4k!)
Hey dji how about motion video?! your head me. its not too complicate to add gimbal motion to normal video.
Slow shutter and light trace modes are useless in galaxy s8plus (images are pixelated but in galaxy j5 works)
Manual controls in android...nope...why not?! i think dji hates android users.
Everything from dji to android are crippled if we compare to ios versions!
2018-8-13
Use props
Klaus W.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118366 ft

On the IOS side of things an app for the Apple watch like the one Apple brings to remotely control their own photo/video app would be well appreciated
2018-8-15
Use props
OJPhoto
New
  • >>>
Norway

Any news on this? Would love to have this option.
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

OJPhoto Posted at 11-27 13:21
Any news on this? Would love to have this option.

Hi, sorry that this feature is still not available with the Osmo mobile 2 as of the moment. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-27
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

OJPhoto Posted at 11-27 13:21
Any news on this? Would love to have this option.

I'm using FilMic Pro and FilMic Remote to control the camera 'remotely.'  I use an iPod (6th Generation) mounted on the Mobile ( I use a Zenmuse M1 mount on the original handle ) running FilMic Pro.  I connect to FilMic Pro using an iPhone running Remote.  There shouldn't be any difference using a similar setup on the production Mobile.  All of the features of the FilMic Pro App are available (which are more than on DJI Go).
2018-11-29
Use props
Simontalbot73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83110 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I’ve recently bought an Osmo Mobile 2 which I use with an iPhone 7 Plus and I also have a Phantom 3 Professional.

As there appears that there currently isn’t a way to remotely control the pan & tilt of the gimbal and other features as well, I wondered if with any software / firmware upgrades that I could remotely control the Osmo 2 with the Phantom 3 remote?

It would be great to be able to map the software controls to the various parts of the remote control. Pan & tilt on one joystick, focus & zoom on the other, etc

Any chance that would work?

Cheers
2019-3-3
Use props
Paskrill
New
Flight distance : 41329 ft
Luxembourg

Hello,
also got the Mavic pro and both the Osmo mobile and Osmo mobile 2 and I wondered the same thing setting it up on a scene and then getting to your seat and controlling it to film what you need to film would be a great feature. You do have the remote capability from the drones why not use it or even in a form of screencast of one phone to the other. I tried this with TeamViewer from one phone to the other you can start a record and take pictures but the control feature would be the important thing about it.
Please update me as this comes along.
2019-3-15
Use props
Dragon Uav
New

United Kingdom

I’m sure we understand that now DJI has released Osmo pocket, looking after the millions that bought the Osmo Mobile 2 is no longer a priority.

The ability to remotely control pan & tilt, as well as program a>b shots on DJI go would be hugely useful, and a way to show that you do pay attention to your customers wishes.  Please please get these added for us.
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dragon Uav Posted at 3-26 03:56
I’m sure we understand that now DJI has released Osmo pocket, looking after the millions that bought the Osmo Mobile 2 is no longer a priority.

The ability to remotely control pan & tilt, as well as program a>b shots on DJI go would be hugely useful, and a way to show that you do pay attention to your customers wishes.  Please please get these added for us.

Hi, thanks for sharing your suggestion with us. This would be forwarded into our designated department and rest assured that it will be heard in our team to see if this would possible in the future. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-26
Use props
BISCA27
lvl.1
Canada

I don't quite understand how this thread could have been started back in 2017 and the only answer back to the constant requests is "Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for the support."  How about some greater detail to show that you are taking customers requests seriously?

-What has the engineering team said about the request?
-Is there a schedule to when this will be incorporated into the app?
-Is there a reason why it hasn't been included yet?

Using the Switcher Studio app allows for this very feature control, so it is clearly possible.  However, Switcher requires a monthly subscription of $20 after an initial trial period.  How a third party developer could provide this BASIC function when DJI continues to disregard it, is insane.

Please prove that you are a company who listens to the requests of the customers who have invested significant amounts of money into your products.  The same consumers who in the future can decide to purchase their products from a developer who is attentive to their needs.
2019-4-5
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This request is obviously falling on deaf ears, don't need to do anything else now DJI sold thousands, just expect you to buy there latest gadget.

2019-4-6
Use props
djiuser_FbZzibcTy6gF
lvl.1
United States

It would be nice to have the gimbal controlled the same way a PTZ camera is controlled, not from a regular handheld remote control device but through production software such as vMix. There one could create presets and have the device zoom in and turn to a particular position, all saved under a preset. Or can the Osmo app be compatible to NDI too? That would be great. What do you guys think?
2019-4-25
Use props
djiuser_FbZzibcTy6gF
lvl.1
United States

BISCA27 Posted at 4-5 13:30
I don't quite understand how this thread could have been started back in 2017 and the only answer back to the constant requests is "Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for the support."  How about some greater detail to show that you are taking customers requests seriously?

-What has the engineering team said about the request?

Manycam is not bad, it can be 60$/yr but it would be there if the gimbal/app could be controlled from those software.
2019-4-25
Use props
djiuser_FbZzibcTy6gF
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_FbZzibcTy6gF Posted at 4-25 10:17
Manycam is not bad, it can be 60$/yr but it would be there if the gimbal/app could be controlled from those software.

Sorry I replied to the wrong post.
2019-4-25
Use props
RGB7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1083402 ft
United Kingdom

**BUMP**
-remote control and monitoring of djigo/osmo from another device... (similar to filmic remote)
-software control of pan and tilt

are these ever likely to be features?

really i would love to be able to pre program a pan tilt routine (in video not just timelapse!) to run and then have remote control of the focus and zoom within djigo..

am i dreaming?
2019-5-1
Use props
fans48adefa4
New

United States

RGB7 Posted at 5-1 09:03
**BUMP**
-remote control and monitoring of djigo/osmo from another device... (similar to filmic remote)
-software control of pan and tilt

feel free to contact me, I've developed a very very early alpha of a mobile phone remote control for the osmo mobile 2. pingtv [AT] gmail [DOT] com
2019-6-5
Use props
djiuser_bRcFNgvJDAGH
New

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 23:02

Will this ever happen?
2020-4-3
Use props
Vini Goncalves
New
Brazil

Hi! Any news about this feature requested 3 years ago?
2020-5-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules