would you upgrade to Oslo from mobile?
1015 7 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colonel
New
Flight distance : 11703 ft
United States

I have my mobile and love it, but I really want to get into Vlogging and feel not having to take my phone off and on would be beneicial. Any advice on whether I should upgrade?
2017-8-31
Use props
alphacrust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33566 ft
United Kingdom

Having the Osmo over the mobile certainly has its benefits:
2017-8-31
Use props
SimonDobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

Two points from an Osmo owner.  Firstly you need an external mic, inbuilt mic cannot be used.  second, although you can use it without your phone you have no view finder.. so you still require a phone.  Lastly you need two batteries, they dont last long.  I vlog, I made one with the Osmo for the first time the other day without a phone. you can see the outcome here:EDIT: in my case you could see the mic from time to time, but i know now to mount it lower. also YouTube compression sucked the life out of the image quality

2017-8-31
Use props
Colonel
New
Flight distance : 11703 ft
United States

SimonDobbins Posted at 2017-8-31 10:53
Two points from an Osmo owner.  Firstly you need an external mic, inbuilt mic cannot be used.  second, although you can use it without your phone you have no view finder.. so you still require a phone.  Lastly you need two batteries, they dont last long.  I vlog, I made one with the Osmo for the first time the other day without a phone. you can see the outcome here:EDIT: in my case you could see the mic from time to time, but i know now to mount it lower. also YouTube compression sucked the life out of the image quality
https://youtu.be/z8a_nePEo-A

I have a rode external mic, but its for the iPhone, it might work for the Osmo, I would have to check.

I don't mind not having a display as we shoot a lot of video and then edit it post.

2017-8-31
Use props
SimonDobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

Colonel Posted at 2017-8-31 11:02
I have a rode external mic, but its for the iPhone, it might work for the Osmo, I would have to check.

I don't mind not having a display as we shoot a lot of video and then edit it post.

yeah then maybe worth the swap
2017-8-31
Use props
Waterbearer67
New
United States

Depends on your mobile phone.  My iPhone camera photographs and videos better than the Osmo.  I purchased the Osmo yesterday and returned it to the store today.  I was shocked over the poor quality video, especially since I have a Phantom 4 Pro drone that delivers beautiful quality photos and video.  I do not recommend the Osmo.  
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Colonel, I would recommend Osmo personally, it is our first generation Osmo and it behaves very well.
With 3-axis stabilization, it can reduce the shakiness during movement to get smooth footage.
Osmo only support the following external microphones:
Sennheiser MKE400
Sony ECM DS70P
Rode VideoMic Pro
Rode VideoMicro
Mymyk Smartmyk
DED DV-889
2017-8-31
Use props
We Key
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207556 ft
Russia

I got one Osmo+. Now i'm thinking to buy Mobile Head for it, in order to transfer it into Mobile version. I totally disappointed with very poor quality of the video and totally blurred image (lense calibration done several times). You can get more or less good picture only with full sunlight, but as soon as at least small dakness comes, Osmo image absolutely breakes down.

In the meantime, recording video by your mobile has also significant disadvantages: 1) you have to have enough internal memory in your phone, as 4K video eats it like for the breakfast, 2) as well as you will permanently run out of battery due to the same reason - for instance, 4K kills iPhone batt. very-very fast, which is not a case if you use your phone as wifi  viewfinder only with Osmo+. Yes, Osmo itself eats batteries extremely fast as well, but this one can be solved by having additional batts without any problems.

Finally, no ideal solution in this world...
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules