I guess I now join the ranks of the disaffected....
1761 26 2015-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Almost 5 days with no reply from DJI. DJI China did reply to me, but they referred me to DJI USA, who have yet to even reply to my email.

It's going up to 17C here tomorrow, with a beautiful weekend, and I have no Inspire, because my remote refuses to communicate with my devices (both iOS and Android). Nothing, nada... Tried everything. Some help from "support" would be nice, but the 24/7 chat tells me to send an email, and the email(s) go unanswered.

Another guy who seems to have the exact same issue on YouTube said his remote was shot, and it took 31 days to get a new one. Only 2 flights did I get..

Not a happy camper...

2015-3-31
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

I'm assuming you have all latest firmware and tried reinstalling the app?
2015-4-1
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Sorry to hear.  Took me about three weeks to get my bricked remote replaced but it did happen.  

Very frustrating I know.  
2015-4-1
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

markaguille Posted at 2015-4-1 18:51
I'm assuming you have all latest firmware and tried reinstalling the app?

Yeah, tried all that. Remote firmware is the latest, even tried to re-install the firmware, but nothing happens at all with the remote when I try that. It's like the remote USB port is dead, although it still charges my Android, and my iPad still says "Trust this computer?" (though not all the time).
2015-4-1
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

jimhare Posted at 2015-4-1 19:03
Sorry to hear.  Took me about three weeks to get my bricked remote replaced but it did happen.  

Ve ...

Thanks Jim... How long does it typically take for them to reply to an email? I sent in my issue on Friday, but have yet to hear back from them.
2015-4-1
Use props
jon.rauschenber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3760 ft
  • >>>
United States

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-4-1 23:20
Thanks Jim... How long does it typically take for them to reply to an email? I sent in my issue on ...

It took about 2 weeks for me to get a response, but when I did I was very happy with it.

I think they are providing great service, they are just overloaded at the moment so you need to be patient.
2015-4-1
Use props
Propslinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19633 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely not next day service, but I decided up front to be patient as Jon said realizing that they are swamped, and that it not was going to be a very fast process, I was pleasantly surprised with the turn around and level of support.

2015-4-1
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Question for everyone: If you put in the USB key with the .17 firmware, and your remote already has that firmware, does it DO something? Or does it create the TXT file with the "cancelled" message?

Mine does absolutely nothing. I had previously updated to .17, so I know how it's supposed to look, but I don't know if what I'm seeing (nothing) is what's supposed to happen if you try to re-install latest firmware. Anyone do that?
2015-4-1
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-4-2 00:13
Question for everyone: If you put in the USB key with the .17 firmware, and your remote already has  ...

Yes, when you update firmware it creates a text file on the USB telling you what it did.  

If thr firmware is already there the text file will say something like IGNORE (can't remember exactly.)  Otherwise it will be pass/fail.

When my remote got bricked it never created a text file and didn't beep during the upgrade process, was just dead.
2015-4-1
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-4-1 23:20
Thanks Jim... How long does it typically take for them to reply to an email? I sent in my issue on ...

For me I never did get a response to my email.

About a week after sending the email I went onto 24-hour support and asked them about it.

They looked up the email and we started troubleshooting on the spot.  Still took two weeks after that but did get a brand new remote so the system does work, but a combination of patience, following up, and being very polite while at the same time direct was the key.
2015-4-1
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380522 ft
South Africa

jimhare Posted at 2015-4-2 03:20
Yes, when you update firmware it creates a text file on the USB telling you what it did.  

If thr ...

There is away to check...I had the same thing.....make sure your PC is able to see hidden folders..then you will see a folder that will have a log file in it.....Technical support can verify for you if it installed correctly when you send it to them on the chat line..hope that helps.
2015-4-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is much better to call them.  Try at 9 am pdt.  Your hold time will be much less.  
2015-4-1
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Thanks Ed and everyone else. I'll try calling tomorrow. I could technically still fly without the app, everything works, but I wouldn't be able to do things like check imu or calibrate compass without the app....  Not to mention no fpv.... Too risky IMO.
2015-4-1
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

This may sound stupid but, I'm assuming you have not had the chance to fly yet. If there is a chance that the correct firmware is installed on the RC, have you tried to re-bind it to the aircraft? Or is the RC totally unresponsive?
2015-4-1
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Dangair Posted at 2015-4-2 11:09
This may sound stupid but, I'm assuming you have not had the chance to fly yet. If there is a chance ...

No, the remote works like it should, it can start the motors, tilt the camera, could probably fly,... It even takes pictures if I press the shutter or video button... Just that it doesn't communicate to the app... I tried to use "bind" in the app, but it didn't  do anything. The manual shows that a dialog box is supposed to come up, but nothing does.

Also, I checked the RC calibration before with the bird off... You could clearly see the onscreen joysticks move when you moved the actual ones... Doesn't do that now....
2015-4-1
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

stephenbrink62@ Posted at 2015-4-2 03:44
There is away to check...I had the same thing.....make sure your PC is able to see hidden folders. ...

How do you connect that? The smaller port? I tried that, but nothing gets detected on the PC.
2015-4-1
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.3
South Africa

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-4-2 12:42
How do you connect that? The smaller port? I tried that, but nothing gets detected on the PC.

You need to take the SD card and plug that into your PC...with either a SD usb plug or with the bigger SD card that the smaller one can slot into...
2015-4-1
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.3
South Africa

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-4-2 10:36
Thanks Ed and everyone else. I'll try calling tomorrow. I could technically still fly without the ap ...

You can still calibrate the compass without the app. All you do is toggle the mode switch up & down about 10 times and your inspire will go into calibration mode with a solid yellow light.
2015-4-1
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

stephenbrink62@ Posted at 2015-4-2 12:58
You need to take the SD card and plug that into your PC...with either a SD usb plug or with the bi ...

Ah.... I thought you meant the remote. The aircraft would have a record of my updating the remote? I updated the remote with the aircraft off though...
2015-4-1
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sure you tried it already, but just in case, did you try 1) uninstalling the app, rebooting your iOS/Android device and reinstalling the app, and 2) using a different USB cable between the remote controller and the device?

Also, does anything on the app talk to the aircraft (i.e. does the simulator work)?
2015-4-1
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.3
South Africa

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-4-2 13:52
Ah.... I thought you meant the remote. The aircraft would have a record of my updating the remote? ...

When you update the remote, the aircraft must be off. Once completed, you will have a text file and a DCIM file...then you plug that onto your computer...you can either send DJI the text folder or there should be a hidden folder called log with another text file it it & send that to them......
2015-4-1
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Abe Posted at 2015-4-2 14:07
I'm sure you tried it already, but just in case, did you try 1) uninstalling the app, rebooting your ...

Hi Abe

No, nothing on the app works. It's as if it's unplugged completely. I have 2 new lightning cables, neither work. About a dozen Android cables, tried a whole bunch, including the ones that came with the Inspire. No dice. I did everything short of factory reset of the iPad, although I don't think it's the iPad, since it also doesn't work with my Android device (which was previously also working).
2015-4-1
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

stephenbrink62@ Posted at 2015-4-2 14:38
When you update the remote, the aircraft must be off. Once completed, you will have a text file an ...

Ok, I see what you mean now. When I first updated the remote, which seemed to go successfully (had several flights after that), the USB stick I used was full of strange characters, and none of the old data I had on it was accessible. I re-formatted it a while back. Not sure if that was related to my current problem, but I did use it many times successfully since then.

One other thing, I had turned on the remote by itself last week (no device plugged in) just to try to drain the battery from 90%. Thought it would just drain itself, but it started flashing red and beeping. I assumed it detects a lack of activity and beeps at you after a set amount of time. Not sure if that's related either.
2015-4-1
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.3
South Africa

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-4-2 15:24
Ok, I see what you mean now. When I first updated the remote, which seemed to go successfully (had ...

I can't answer that one, never tried to drain the battery. But I'm sure if it doesn't connect to the Inspire, it would remain read & assume it beeps because of that.
2015-4-1
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-4-2 00:13
Question for everyone: If you put in the USB key with the .17 firmware, and your remote already has  ...

It is supposed to say canceled or something similar. Definitely writes a text file.
You have deleted the previous text file?
Try wiping your usb key and downloading again.   
2015-4-2
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

markaguille Posted at 2015-4-2 16:55
It is supposed to say canceled or something similar. Definitely writes a text file.
You have delet ...

Thanks Tried that too. Used a completely wiped USB, formatted to FAT32, and re-downloaded the update.
2015-4-2
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

I have a question for those in the know: I read about the "magic" gs_odm.bin file that seems to have fixed some people's remotes.

What does the gs_odm.bin file actually do? I'm wondering if running that file on the TX might, if nothing else, confirm that the USB port is dead, or maybe it might even fix things? But I don't want to make things worse.
2015-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules