DJI Pilot App for Windows PC (XP / Win7 / Win8.1)?
44228 26 2015-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

Anyone else would find very useful to have a DJI Pilot application running on a PC version of Windows (not Windows Mobile)?
Wondering how many of us have tablets, UMPCs or other portable devices installed with WinXP, Vista, Win7, Win8.1...
Not only that we could make use of them during flight, but I'm thinking we could have a lot more benefits.
Please share your opinion.
Thanks,
Bogdan
2015-4-1
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

I have windows 8 on my laptop/tablet so I could undock the tablet, use that for the monitor on th RC, redock into keyboard after flight, pop in the sd card and email photos straight to the customer. Simples!
Windows 8 App for me please DJI.
2015-4-1
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

I hope more will show interest in this, enough to convince DJI to spend the effort in creating the Pilot app for Windows PCs.
2015-4-1
Use props
javiervidao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1194193 ft
Spain

I haven't received my Inspire yet, so I haven't been able to test it, but I can at least run it on my Surface using bluestacks.
Sin título.jpg
2015-4-2
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

javiervidao Posted at 2015-4-2 19:03
I haven't received my Inspire yet, so I haven't been able to test it, but I can at least run it on m ...

Even though I don't like the idea of running the DJI Pilot application under an emulator, I will try installing it on my Win7 tablet and see if it will connect to the RC through the USB connection. Will also have to figure out what kind of USB cable will be needed to connect the tablet to the RC.
Thanks for your input Javier!
2015-4-2
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Last November I asked this question to their customer support because I have a MS Pro 3 and an RT Tablet....I don't think they had a clue what I was talking about and sent me the info for Android and Apple without getting a straight answer....Sorry DJI is it what it is ...I would like to start talking you up but your support is terrible...Anyhow I ended up getting two Nvidia Shield tablets that work really well but cost an additional $1100.00 Cdn...I wouldn't expect a Microsoft Pilot App anytime soon...
2015-4-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't received my Inspire yet, so I haven't been able to test it, but I can at least run it on m ...

Does Bluestacks emulator app support Apple too?
2015-4-2
Use props
javiervidao
lvl.1
Spain

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-4-3 12:32
Does Bluestacks emulator app support Apple too?

Yes, you can install it on Windows and Mac OS.
2015-4-3
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem is going to be that the USB port will likely not accept the video feed. While you might be able to get the App to run, I seriously doubt it will be fully functional.
2015-4-3
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

I run the DJI Pilot / Vision Apps on my Surface 3 Pro all the time using an Android Emaulator and few other tweaks...  And just last night i did the same thing on my iMac & Mackbook Air... Works like a charm....
2015-4-4
Use props
bdmartens
lvl.2

Canada

Making the news lately is a release by Google of an android emulator that can run on chrome, on any operating system. Not sure if this emulator had been tried with USB on debugging mode to allow connection to the Tx, but it would likely offer significant portability across OSs.
2015-4-4
Use props
Theo ter Haar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20730951 ft
Netherlands

Great idea. I'm with you!
2015-4-9
Use props
Mike Krop
lvl.1

United States

What settings in Bluestacks did you have to adjust? I am trying to install it using bluestacks on my SP3 and it's giving me errors.
2015-4-17
Use props
Mike Krop
lvl.1

United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-4-4 19:35
I run the DJI Pilot / Vision Apps on my Surface 3 Pro all the time using an Android Emaulator and fe ...

What tweaks do you have to do?
2015-4-17
Use props
javiervidao
lvl.1
Spain

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-4-4 19:35
I run the DJI Pilot / Vision Apps on my Surface 3 Pro all the time using an Android Emaulator and fe ...

Can you give us some light on how to make it work? I have tried Bluestacks, Andy and Windroy without any success so far.

Do you use the microUSB port of the controller?

Thank you in advance!!!
2015-4-20
Use props
rschlup
New

Canada

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-2 13:11
I hope more will show interest in this, enough to convince DJI to spend the effort in creating the P ...

I've been searching for developer guides, APIs but have yet to find anything.  I already built an app for the AR Drone which work pretty well.  If I can get my hands on the commands, data structures, etc, I can get cracking on building an App for DJI Phantom 3.
2015-7-28
Use props
rschlup
New

Canada

rschlup Posted at 2015-7-29 03:33
I've been searching for developer guides, APIs but have yet to find anything.  I already built an  ...

Update.  I found all necessary source code.  Now the only thing I need to do is find/developer a USB Serial Driver which is compatible with the remote.  Rendering of the video feed could be done with the ffmpeg library
2015-7-30
Use props
sailor44
New

United States

markaguille Posted at 2015-4-1 21:06
I have windows 8 on my laptop/tablet so I could undock the tablet, use that for the monitor on th RC ...

I have a new p3 and I also use a windows lumia phone. So far, I cannot use the drone at all. I really need a windows mobile version of dji go. I cannot believe that these folks have ignored this segment of the market! Anyone have any thoughts??  
2015-12-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to see DJI include this App for Windows store  that supports Windows 10

Rich
2015-12-27
Use props
ckopix
lvl.1

United States

Yes, Windows 10 please! There are many advantages to using a Windows Surface or similar tablet.  Not only would it be awesome for flying by you can do all your video editing, etc on this platform since it's really a PC OS.
2016-1-3
Use props
artichoke
lvl.1

United States

The instructions in the manual say to download from the card to the PC.  So it would be nice if we could do exactly that, rather than having to substitute "mobile device" for PC.
2016-1-18
Use props
sailor44
New

United States

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-2 13:11
I hope more will show interest in this, enough to convince DJI to spend the effort in creating the P ...

I finally gave up on the windows app and bought an android tablet.
2016-1-27
Use props
egonvdv
lvl.1

France

sailor44 Posted at 2016-1-27 21:45
I finally gave up on the windows app and bought an android tablet.

Hi

I got the bluestack & dji app working on my windows tablet,
but how do i connect the RC?

the cable that came with the drone does not do the trick.

will  USB Male to USB male work..?
2016-2-1
Use props
egonvdv
lvl.1

France

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-4-4 12:35

can you detail how you did this?
2016-2-5
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

Wildcat Willie Posted at 2015-4-2 05:27
Last November I asked this question to their customer support because I have a MS Pro 3 and an RT Tablet....I don't think they had a clue what I was talking about and sent me the info for Android and Apple without getting a straight answer....Sorry DJI is it what it is ...I would like to start talking you up but your support is terrible...Anyhow I ended up getting two Nvidia Shield tablets that work really well but cost an additional $1100.00 Cdn...I wouldn't expect a Microsoft Pilot App anytime soon...

Their Customer Support is why our Army and Navy just told DJI to shove it! They have Grounded all DJI Products and will not purchase anything else from them....
2017-8-18
Use props
Phantom4thebest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107648 ft

United Kingdom

Well DJi made a windows 10 app called "DJI VISION" its works and has most features.

Dumb thing won't let me put a link on so just look for it in the windows store.
2017-11-3
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

P4PCommander Posted at 2017-8-18 15:09
Their Customer Support is why our Army and Navy just told DJI to shove it! They have Grounded all DJI Products and will not purchase anything else from them....

Huh?  Do you have a link that explains that decision further.  I certainly hope the "Army and Navy" aren't relying on the same Customer Support as retail customers !!

The information I've read said the reason was related to concerns over cyber security, not Customer Service.  Nothing about DJI Go 4.1.22 :-)  (snark)

2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules