Max altitude, max distance then compass error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Central Maine D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1046680 ft
United States

I upgraded my firmware and app on iPad Mini last week, after update was frustrated by maximum altitude reached @ 98 feet.
I forced the app closed, reopened it and the altitude used the setting in the app.
Tonight I sent drone up to take pictures of sunset, got to 98 feet and max altitude warning again, flew out towards north and maximum distance warning.  I noticed the aircraft was moving left and right approximately 15 feet on it's own, then compass error.
Flew aircraft back, landed and uploaded log to airdata.com for analysis.  There's not much to look at.
This aircraft was sent to DJI earlier this year or late 2016 for compass error and a fly away which I was able to regain control.  They replaced a motor and main logic board.  
I don't fly when it's raining, haven't had any rough landings.  

Here's airdata's analysis of log:

A00m 00s0.0 ft0 ftMode[url=]Mode changed to GPS_Atti[/url]
B00m 02s0.0 ft0 ftMode[url=]Mode changed to AutoTakeoff[/url]
C00m 02s0.0 ft0 ftTip[url=]Tips__Taking Off[/url]
D00m 04s3.0 ft1 ftMode[url=]Mode changed to GPS_Atti[/url]
E00m 29s92.8 ft2 ftWarning[url=]Warning:Max Flight Altitude Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary[/url]
01m 25s97.4 ft0 ft

[url=]90% Battery[/url]
03m 46s97.8 ft1 ft

[url=]80% Battery[/url]
05m 50s97.4 ft133 ft

[url=]70% Battery[/url]
05m 52s97.4 ft134 ft

[url=]70% Battery at maximum distance[/url]
F06m 15s98.1 ft126 ftMode[url=]Mode changed to Atti[/url]
G06m 15s98.1 ft126 ftWarning[url=]Warning:Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode[/url]
H06m 16s97.8 ft119 ftMode[url=]Mode changed to GPS_Atti[/url]

2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please try to re-install the APP and login your DJI account. Then do compass calibration as well.
2017-8-31
Use props
Central Maine D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1046680 ft
United States

I uninstalled app on iPad Mini 2, reinstalled, tried to calibrated compass, failed said magnetic interference.  Moved everything, re-calibrated compass succeeded but then said compass error exit P-Atti.  Took to third location, re-calibrated compass, succeeded.  Send aircraft up 50 feet (estimate) noticed settings were in metric forgot to change after reinstalling app.  Flew up past 32 meter max altitude error I'd had, no error, flew  200 feet away, no error.  Flew back and landed.  Went to look at the warnings, only thing shown in warnings was taking off, nothing about compass error or re-calibrating.  What is going on???
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Central Maine D Posted at 2017-9-1 06:21
I uninstalled app on iPad Mini 2, reinstalled, tried to calibrated compass, failed said magnetic interference.  Moved everything, re-calibrated compass succeeded but then said compass error exit P-Atti.  Took to third location, re-calibrated compass, succeeded.  Send aircraft up 50 feet (estimate) noticed settings were in metric forgot to change after reinstalling app.  Flew up past 32 meter max altitude error I'd had, no error, flew  200 feet away, no error.  Flew back and landed.  Went to look at the warnings, only thing shown in warnings was taking off, nothing about compass error or re-calibrating.  What is going on???

Had you upgraded the firmware as well? The latest firmware of the drone is v1.11.20, please upgrade if necessary.
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules