Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Who wants adjustable AEB Bracketing?
6846 52 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans980a1579
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4039862 ft
United States

I know this is an old post - but HAS this been transferred to the Engineers?
What's being done about it???
2018-10-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans980a1579 Posted at 2018-10-8 06:11
Yep - the main reason I stopped using AEB on my Phantoms. In bright light it seemed to change shutter speeds, but in low light the "Bracket" was in the ISO.
NOT accetapable. At all.
I try to shoot at 100 iso at all times and having DJI control & adjust the ISO for me is not a true Auto Bracket.

PLEASE DJI - PAY ATTENTION!!!!
That's never happened before here.
Little reason to expect it to now, even if the request is in all caps (with3 excalmation marks)

WE WANT 1 STOP INCREMENTS, AND ABILITY TO LOCK THE ISO, and have the bracket be with the Shutter speed - not the ISO.  PLEASE!!!

If you  shoot in Aperture Priority and with ISO locked on 100 that's exactly what you should get.
(except for 1-stop increments obviously).

2018-10-8
Use props
fans8ebffb6c
lvl.1

+1 Bracketing for wider EV range AND pano support.
2018-10-14
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

That would be nice if motion doesn't play an effect on the end result.
2018-10-14
Use props
Raydiant
lvl.1
Costa Rica

I have been testing out the AEB photo mode, and I couldn't believe it when I found out that there are no adjustable parameters for this!  

Please, DJI, update the software to allow your users to control the EV range and the amount of shots taken, so we can take better HDR images.

Having a .7 EV difference between shots is laughable, given the scene brightness ranges drone pilots will encounter.  Perhaps a 1-stop difference when shooting 5 images would work for most images, but why not let users make the artistic decision?

Please?
2019-5-16
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans980a1579 Posted at 2018-10-8 06:14
That's because the "Bracket" is in the ISO - not the shutter.
Which is Wrong.

I disagree. It's been my experience with DSLR's that the AEB is the result of different shutter speeds (not ISO changes), thereby preserving ISO/resolution and depth of field (same aperture throughout the bracket).
Also, I use a 2-stop EV delta between shots. It works well. Nice post-capture results. The DJI stops are way too subtle. Needs to be user-defined.
2019-5-30
Use props
djiuser_vngBT0nwyrZB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48045 ft
United States

Absolutely, and while we are asking, lets move AEB off the "Special" features list, so that you can use AEB with Panorama mode and with Waypoints mode.  It's crazy that AEB cannot be used with Panos or in Waypoint mode
2019-7-17
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

This feature has been asked by everyone for years and still DJI haven't provided it. It's not on the Mavic 2 either and it's bloody annoying.
2019-7-22
Use props
ilijaveselica
lvl.1

Raydiant Posted at 5-16 16:27
I have been testing out the AEB photo mode, and I couldn't believe it when I found out that there are no adjustable parameters for this!  

Please, DJI, update the software to allow your users to control the EV range and the amount of shots taken, so we can take better HDR images.

Same here. 90% of my work is based on AEB. Not being able to adjust bracketing range makes me end up with 5 shots for each scene which consumes much more storage and makes editing process slower.
Is anyone from DJI reading this?
2019-10-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>

ilijaveselica Posted at 10-7 02:35
Same here. 90% of my work is based on AEB. Not being able to adjust bracketing range makes me end up with 5 shots for each scene which consumes much more storage and makes editing process slower.

You haven't been here very long, have you?
No ... no-one from DJI is paying any attention.
2019-10-7
Use props
ilijaveselica
lvl.1

I will write an email to support team, please do the same in order to spread the word:
https://www.dji.com/hr/support/product/mavic-2 (at the bottom of the page under Contact Us section click on Email and send your message)

Hopefully it will give some results in the future.
2019-10-9
Use props
ilijaveselica
lvl.1

Just got a response from DJI support:
"...your feedback was forwarded to the responsible department..."

If other users contact them also regarding this feature maybe it will be implemented in some future releases.
2019-10-10
Use props
_neVen_
lvl.2

+1

Was just sending them an email , although I'm not holding my breath , seeing how weak the reaction from the community is regarding this feature.
I mean , come on people , this is embarrassing. Automatic Bracketing with fixed values is a bad joke. Better not to implement AEB feature at all then, if you can't get it right.
Now, if they really were team players, they could tweak this in a 20KB update.  3,5 or 7 shots and adjustable range. Bonus points if AEB works in Panorama mode. Then I would even cry a little.

This is how it's done in normal cameras , and should be in this camera as well. Start listening DJI and support your customers !
Bracketing-definition-hdr-canon-1.jpg
2019-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules