A couple questions for the DJI Devs
880 8 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M1dn1ght N1nj4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11522 ft
United States

OK, so after playing around with the Spark for a while, I've come to think about a couple things.

First, could the camera actually take 1080@60fps?  I mean the hardware side.  60fps might be a bit much to stream over wifi back to the phone, BUT, what if it could be enabled by the user, ONLY if there was a microSD card inserted in the Spark?  Higher data speed as it's a direct write to the card, and wouldn't take up a ton of WiFi bandwidth to the phone.  It just feels like the camera is lacking way behind even most old cellphones now.

Next, with the upcoming release of the Mavic Pro Platinum, I was looking at the shape and design of the new props.  I wonder if it would be possible to make props for the Spark with a similar design, cutting down on noise, and getting a bit more "bite" out of the air.

Also, and this one might just be a personal preference, but what about an option in the GO4 app, that would allow the user to "disable" the gimbal during flight, so a solid gimbal protector could be installed.  This would assume that the user wants to only fly it, and isn't interested in the FPV portion (for whatever personal reason).  Would also really help if there were a crash, as the gimbal would be protected by the plastic shield.  Just a thought.  Probably not worth it, but I'm just spewing out my thoughts here.

Just wanted to speak what was on my mind.  Afterall, that's what the forums are for!  

2017-8-31
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I ve got one of these , gimbal protector. With this you don't have to disconnect the gimbal. But the chances are anyway low , that therewill be no damage when spark crashes.
IMG_1740.PNG
2017-8-31
Use props
TheFlyingDutchm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

Regarding the record capabilities I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly came with a firmware update enabling either a higher frame rate or 2,7K recording. This has happened in the past with Phantom 3 Standard and Advanced.
2017-8-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I for sure hope they would also add 25 (or 50) fps as a setting. Even more than 2,7K.
2017-9-1
Use props
M1dn1ght N1nj4
lvl.3
United States

The biggest thing for me is the video framerate.  I don't see 30fps being awesome at all.  Sure, it's FAR better than my JY018 ($28 toy drone), which has a 2.0MP camera and takes 720p video @ 22fps.  Trying to fly that thing with FPV was near impossible.  So much lag it was unbelievable.

But the Spark has a MUCH smother 30fps.  Still not great, but needs to be around 60 or so to eliminate all that jitter in the final videos.  Up, down, left, and right work fine.  But when you go to rotate left or right, or pitch the gimbal too fast, the video is noticeably jittery.

I've enabled the Dev Tools section in Assistant 2, so I'll poke around in there over the weekend, see if I can find anything that might change that.  I probably won't, but I'll look anyway, out of curiosity.  There is a LOT to play with, IF you have a big pair of chicken nuggets.  But it's all a learning experience.

I'd REALLY like to see something like a second version of the Spark.  Should have a nice name, like Spark 2, Spark Platinum, or DJI Bolt.
2017-9-1
Use props
M1dn1ght N1nj4
lvl.3
United States

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-8-31 22:20
I ve got one of these , gimbal protector. With this you don't have to disconnect the gimbal. But the chances are anyway low , that therewill be no damage when spark crashes.

I bought the exact same thing about a week ago.  Although I would personally like to see someone make a clear dome protector, like they have on the Mavic.  100% protected from ANY outside threats.  Of course, if you crash hard, the gimbal is still a free-moving part, so it can still get damaged that way, but keeping it fully enclosed would be perfect.
2017-9-1
Use props
M1dn1ght N1nj4
lvl.3
United States

TheFlyingDutchm Posted at 2017-8-31 22:29
Regarding the record capabilities I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly came with a firmware update enabling either a higher frame rate or 2,7K recording. This has happened in the past with Phantom 3 Standard and Advanced.

Ohhhh, no kidding!?  I'm still getting my feet wet in the DJI drone world, so I'm not familiar with DJIs history.  But if they've done it with those, then the Spark shouldn't be too hard.

Too bad cracking these open isn't like Android, or I might have a few tweaks out by now.  lol
2017-9-1
Use props
freeflightflyin
New
Flight distance : 7930 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone think they'll make a better battery with actual 16 mins flight time? So say 18mins but 2 mins for RTH (and enough to not kill the battery overtime)? That would be incredible.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the first one, the resolution for the drone is 1920×1080 30p, it can't be modifiable; we haven't received any news about changing the design of Spark's propellers. Thanks for bringing us the attention, hope we will optimize the features and the accessories if possible in the future.
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules