Only allowed to have 7 friends in DJI Forum???
1256 12 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nauticalman
lvl.2

United States

Sorry this is a newbie quetion, but trying to invite some of our Veterans to the DJI forum, and after seven "friend" on my list, DJI says I'm not allowed to have any more friends.  REALLY??? Where's the love, DJI?  I'd really like to know why DJI from puts limits on how many "friends" you can have.  Anyone know?
2017-8-31
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Nautica,

Something does not add up here.  A great many of us have multiple pages of friends.  Can you post a screen capture of the seven friends limitation?  I just read the Forum rules and Regulations and there is nothing about a limitation on friends.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-1
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Nautica,

Yes, it appears to be a newbie question.  I just looked and you appear to have misses the "more" option on the right column.  Click on almost any of your 7 friends and you will see their friends list about half way down.  There will be six or seven across but just above and on the right end will be the "more" option.  Click it and you will see the pages of friends they have.  RHP has like 9 pages!

In your case, your seven friends are six in the first row and the seventh in the second row.  But on the main Personal Home Page there are only seven across.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-1
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.2

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-1 02:08
Aloha Nautica,

Something does not add up here.  A great many of us have multiple pages of friends.  Can you post a screen capture of the seven friends limitation?  I just read the Forum rules and Regulations and there is nothing about a limitation on friends.

It appeared when I was alerted to an 8th friend request accepted.  After checking the page of the new friend acceptance, the page notice disappeared.  I'll try to snag a picture if it happens again.  Thank you.
2017-9-1
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.2

United States

O.k., well now I graduated to "Hobbyist", and they allowed me to have friend #8.  Kind of a weird rule, but I'm guessing thats the way DJI plays.  Thanks everyone.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Edited rules to allow more than 7 friends when in "beginner" status.
2017-9-1
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.2

United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-9-1 13:42
Edited rules to allow more than 7 friends when in "beginner" status.

Awesome!  Thank you.
2017-9-1
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Nautica,

Sometimes us old timers are not able to experience the "new" experience.  That is why it is important that newbies voice their concerns.  Without your effort, this problem would still exist.

Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Feel free to always express your concern here and we will do our best to give you an answer. For those of you who have helped, Mahalo and thank you as well.
2017-9-14
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-14 08:01
Feel free to always express your concern here and we will do our best to give you an answer. For those of you who have helped, Mahalo and thank you as well.

Thank you, Mark.  
I do chat in several forums.  This is the first time that I've ever been in a forum that PROHIBITS friendship, whereas normally forums ENCOURAGE friendship and mutual connections.  I just don't understand the "why" aspect of DJI's limitation of friends.  
2017-9-14
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.2

United States

Dear FBBERT:  
sorry DJI won't allow me to accept your friend request unless I first get 500 points for making useless comments.  
So I guess I'll just reply "quack" to a bunch of threads so those requesting to be my friend don't feel like I'm ignoring them.
2017-9-15
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.2

United States

Whoops, sorry my mistake.  a reply requires 10 letters, so I'll have to reply "quack quack" instead of "quack" in 150 posts so I can accept more friend requests.  or... I could just keep making mistakes in my posts and editing them like this.  ---Yes, it is THAT REDICULOUS.
2017-9-15
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.2

United States

Nauticalman Posted at 2017-9-15 08:35
Whoops, sorry my mistake.  a reply requires 10 letters, so I'll have to reply "quack quack" instead of "quack" in 150 posts so I can accept more friend requests.  or... I could just keep making mistakes in my posts and editing them like this.  ---Yes, it is THAT REDICULOUS.

Sorry... I misspelled "ridiculous".  Oooop!  two more points!  Hang in there guys, I'll be your friends soon...
2017-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules