2684 29 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

Aren't you tired of ads?
We bought an expensive machine and the app that goes with it downloads adds (for the DJI Spark) on our phones!
Not mentioning that the app barely works...
2017-9-1
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah i dont like that either. My phone is filled with spark videos and a bunch of images that I dont really need. Whats up with that??
2017-9-1
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I don't get them!!!
2017-9-1
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spend a few bucks on a 3rd party app like "Litchi" it works better on older devices and has no ads...
2017-9-1
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

I know Litchi, but I'd avoid it if I were you: if anything happens, DJI will say that using a third party app voids the warranty
2017-9-1
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Samoth Posted at 2017-9-1 05:13
I know Litchi, but I'd avoid it if I were you: if anything happens, DJI will say that using a third party app voids the warranty

Actually that isn't true. They have helped many users. You can find tons of threads on this subject,
2017-9-1
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

I've read a thread saying otherwise.
Plus, no DJI Go means no flight logs (or at least not the same as DJI's), which means no support.

But that's not the point: I'm using DJI Go and I'd like not to receive ads anymore
2017-9-1
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Samoth Posted at 2017-9-1 06:25
I've read a thread saying otherwise.
Plus, no DJI Go means no flight logs (or at least not the same as DJI's), which means no support.

I don't know which ads you are talking about, but I keep getting an annoying "Important notice to Spark users" when opening app.
2017-9-1
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I think it depends on what device you're using. On most android devices when a new picture or video is added you will be able to see it on your gallery no matter in what location it is stored. So when the DJI Go app downloads an ad video or image you will see it on your gallery.
2017-9-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-9-1 07:25
I think it depends on what device you're using. On most android devices when a new picture or video is added you will be able to see it on your gallery no matter in what location it is stored. So when the DJI Go app downloads an ad video or image you will see it on your gallery.

Ok, that's got to be annoying.
2017-9-1
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

I second that...
2017-9-1
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

Maybe your gallery app doesn't show it.

Look in this folder: DJI>DJI.GO.V4>DJI_SPLASH

Each time I start DJI Go app, it downloads an ad for the DJI Spark in that folder
2017-9-1
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

I get it too pain in the rear about time it stopped me thinks
2017-9-1
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

definitely annoying . i get a downloaded spark folder everytime i load app {:4_110:}
2017-9-1
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-9-1 05:41
Actually that isn't true. They have helped many users. You can find tons of threads on this subject,

He is right, it is true. It is stated in DJIs user agreement. A few guys on the Phantom board have been denied warranty during a loss of aircraft because litchi does not save a flight log in the app, also DJI uses priporietary software to decode it that no one has access to but DJI.
2017-9-1
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-72083-1-1.html
2017-9-1
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... our-warranty.82016/
2017-9-1
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i also find the ads quite annoying, except that we are a "free captive audience" it makes little sense why they would advertise to djigo app users - and really annoying to have to view and then delete each time.
2017-9-2
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Denmark

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-9-1 07:25

If that is the reason and we are talking Google's Photos/Gallery app, I think you just need to turn backup/synchronization off for that folder in the Photos app:
Open Photos app -> Settings -> Back up & Sync -> Back up device folders -> Deselect the [DJI_SPLASH?] folder

2017-9-2
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

StigNygaard Posted at 2017-9-2 10:40
If that is the reason and we are talking Google's Photos/Gallery app, I think you just need to turn backup/synchronization off for that folder in the Photos app:
Open Photos app -> Settings -> Back up & Sync -> Back up device folders -> Deselect the [DJI_SPLASH?] folder

Ok thats something different. Thats for the photos backup. That doesnt really solve anything. The content would still be saved on your device taking up space
2017-9-2
Use props
Landjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61496 ft
United States

I have deleted the 'Spark Spam' twice, but it downloads it on it's own when it realizes it's not there... very annoying.
2017-9-2
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

One way around is to create a .nomedia file
It doesn't prevent DJI to put ads in our phones, but at least, we don't see them
2017-9-2
Use props
Landjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61496 ft
United States

Samoth Posted at 2017-9-2 14:23
One way around is to create a .nomedia file
It doesn't prevent DJI to put ads in our phones, but at least, we don't see them

Thanks for the insight - will try that.
2017-9-2
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

No ads on my IOS, both iphone and ipad.
2017-9-2
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Denmark

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-9-2 14:10
Ok thats something different. Thats for the photos backup. That doesnt really solve anything. The content would still be saved on your device taking up space

The folder is just something the DJI app use "internally". Not really meant to be shown in your gallery apps. But Google's Photos app pick up all folders with pictures it finds on the device and not only offer backup of these, but also shows them in the Photos app... Unless you deselect the folders in the Photos app's settings. At least that is my experience, and I don't see any "DJI spam" in my gallery (using Photos app).

Edit: And you don't have to go so deep in settings to find it, as I did in previous post. Just:
Open Photos app -> "Burger menu" -> Device folders -> Open and deselect "back up & sync" in the folders you don't want to see

(Yes, I know it says "back up & sync", but for me it also disables display in the Photos gallery app)
2017-9-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

dji - please drop the ads on the app - they are so annoying and frustrating.
2017-9-3
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

Anyone using the dji app is already committed to a product of dji and we know what yr products are - no need to keep telling us about the spark in yr ads.  if dji absolutely must bomb us with a dji reinforcement message then perhaps make it with some relevant information - but for me i prefer that you drop this alltogether because viewing this advert annoys me everytime and frustrates me because i have to delete it twice evrytime = 3 times unnessesary inconvenient :-(
2017-9-3
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37500 ft
Australia

DJI Stop this mindless advertising.  I have already purchased your Drone. It is annoying your customer base.
2017-11-21
Use props
Quantum_Star
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9150 ft

Argentina

I agree, it really bothers me that these ads are stuffed into my personal galleries after paying for the device, as you said.
2019-3-25
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Strange.. I fly a MP using an Android that of course, isn't on the approved list.  (Note 9).  When I land, on my phone I have DJI Album and DJI_Record.  After about 3-4 hours after flight, I get a DJI_CACHE folder that appears with nothing but poor quality thumbnail pictures in it and a DJI Spark folder with one picture in it.  Other than the Cache folder appearing and the spark folder appearing, everything else is perfect.  
2019-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules