DJI Service Review
4341 11 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Ok, so my Mavic had developed a bit of a gimbal issue outlined in one of my other threads.

I held off returning it under warranty until I got a few trips out of the way that I wanted her for (yes, her. Affectionately known as "Mavis" in our household)

Anyway, I must admit I was worrying about this given the vast amount of complaint on this forum about DJI's service capability, but, trips complete, I decided to send her in to be fixed.

Initial steps were completely painless, discussing the issue with very friendly online staff and ascertaining that she should indeed have to go to the engineers. Important to note that you really should have tried ALL of the steps covered frequently on this forum (IMU calibrations, compass calibrations, gimbal calibrations, F/W refreshes etc)

So, within a day I received a UPS label to send her back. In this instance, she was being ferried off to the Netherlands. Only point at this stage is to make sure she is well packaged so I bought a sturdy box (around £2), packaged her up well and dropped her off to my local UPS collection agent.

I received notifications promptly afterwards advising that she was collected and within a couple more days, I received further notification that she was at DJI's offices and the investigations would begin.

Honestly, from this stage it was a matter of days with constant notifcations throughout each of the steps, investigation, repair and despatch. Then, a further few days and Mavis was safely back home.

I know that things could have changed since there has been a-lot of negative feedback around the service offered but I honestly could not fault the process at all. i would like to congratulate DJI on this.

Now, I do have a few gripes that I would like to air, but just to clarify, the repair process itself was super timely. I cannot complain about that at all.

1.) Given that this was a warranty issue (even though I have Care Refresh) I was really hoping that I would be getting my actual drone back. Hard to explain, but that was the drone that I bought, it was new, I knew that. I knew its life and how it had been treated. I was overjoyed when I saw that the diagnosis advised that they would be replacing the gimbal controller board. However, I was quite disheartened to see that when the drone came back, it was not mine. I had intentionally left all of the stickers on my drone and kept it in stupidly good condition. Yet this drone, is stripped of the stickers, has some blobs of glue on some of the screws - not all, has a different serial number and although this will seem silly, is now a different colour/texture to my battery. I dont understand why my actual drone was not returned. I really would have preferred that. I understand its a caveat of the Care Refresh process, but this was a warranty issue. Its obviously not brand new with the stickers being removed and there are marks inside the battery compartment. I cant help but ask ,what life has this drone had etc......I think that's valid and not be being cookie.....isn't it?

2.) My care refresh is still tied to my old drone as far as I can see. How do I go about transferring this to the new drone if I am never to see my actual drone again?

3.) The little bubble that protects the gimbal was broken when I received it back. So I attempted to fix it myself. I never thought of taking a picture of it before I did this for some reason......I MAY have been a little excited with having Mavis back.....I dunno......but its broken regardless and my fix was terrible and failed in around 28 seconds. The box is undamaged so I can only imagine it happened when it was goign back in the box @ DJI or perhaps there was a flaw there already. I dont know.

I certainly would like some help/responses on the above from DJI if they could but aside from that, on the whole. The repair process was super-duper!

Thanks DJI

J
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Jinjur, thanks for bringing this to our attention, could you please provide me with your case number so I can check the info about your case? Appreciate it.
2017-9-1
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi bud, certainly

CAS-899985-C2N9K9
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jinjur Posted at 2017-9-4 00:00
Hi bud, certainly

CAS-899985-C2N9K9

Jinjur, thanks for your update.
Please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. But if the replacement you received was damaged, please post the picture here, we will try our best to help. after-sales policy.png
For DJI Care Refresh, please send email to djicare@dji.com with the old and new serial number and case number as well, my colleague will assist.
2017-9-4
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy, yes I did see that in the T's & C's but just did not expect that to apply to a warranty issue.......i thought this was specifically around the DJI care refresh plan and I can 100% understand that. I think for a situation where I trash the Mavic or something, I would be more than happy for a refurb unit.

Understand though, that when you get say, a replacement phone from Apple etc, it is more than often a refurbished item. However, you would not know at all as the phone is packaged exactly as a new one (stickers, condition etc)

My Mavic has obvious signs of repair or of not being new (glue dots on some of the screws, not all, scratches in the battery bay, no stickers on the arms etc) This may seem silly to many but I was purposefully keeping all of those stickers on in case I chose to sell the Mavic as they were not detrimental to the performance and the glue dots, well, to anyone who knows this product, will know that it has been repaired.

I think that if you are going to exchange a new product (original owner) under warranty at least, you have to make sure it looks like it did when it left the factory. Mine does not. The Mavic I sent in was IMMACULATE and as it left the factory. It was an expensive purchase for me and right now, I feel like I have been panned off with something akin to an eBay item albeit one that you are guaranteeing. It still does not feel nice Mindy.

Also, see link to the gimbal cover

https://goo.gl/photos/vHD9XJfzakmQ24Kx6

2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jinjur Posted at 2017-9-5 00:45
Hi Mindy, yes I did see that in the T's & C's but just did not expect that to apply to a warranty issue.......i thought this was specifically around the DJI care refresh plan and I can 100% understand that. I think for a situation where I trash the Mavic or something, I would be more than happy for a refurb unit.

Understand though, that when you get say, a replacement phone from Apple etc, it is more than often a refurbished item. However, you would not know at all as the phone is packaged exactly as a new one (stickers, condition etc)

Jinjur, you case has been escalated to local repair team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you after review, please wait patiently for further resolution, thank you.
By the way, we also need the picture of the glue dot and scratches, please post here.
2017-9-5
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy,

Pic of glue dots and scratches below............sorry, its super hard to capture scratch pictures :/

glue dots

glue dots

scratches

scratches
2017-9-6
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So, got my response today..........and I know it is in the T's and C's................but it doesn't make me any happier and it is starting to muddy my once favourable review of the service I received which was originally glowing.

We have received your kind feedback for this case.
I have checked the system the physical looking of the swapped machine are shown in the attachment picture.

Regarding the replacement please kindly refer our policy on website:
Product and Part ReplacementWhen after-sales service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product or part becomes your property. Only unaltered DJI products and parts are eligible for replacement.
Replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty. A replacement product or part shall be covered for the time remaining in the original product’s warranty.

Now.

Let me reiterate, my Mavic was showroom quality. Immaculate. Fully stickered as new (which I saw no need to change as it didn't affect performance) and it was important to me to keep it that way as this financial outlay was a tentative one for me and I needed the option to sell the device in a excellent condition it was in should I have decided to do so. As such, I am a bit honest and would not do so with this unit. I just wouldnt. Karma and all.

And not only is this Mavic in nowhere near the same condition visually. It also has an older manufacture date as checked by using the S/N date checker utility.

This product was originally purchased in Maplin UK and I am going to reach out to them for assistance on this matter.

I am also going to speak to Trading Standards UK for advice as in my opinion, regardless of what is stated in T's & C's.............I don't think it is unfair to expect a device in IDENTICAL condition to that which was returned (even visually) and most certainly, NOT a device that is older.

I would be keen to see if DJI can offer any other help in this thread but will be doing the above to try and get resolution.

It may seem that I am coming over like I am expecting too much, but I really dont think I am. Given that this Mavic was a previous repair, from someone else.......i feel like I have been given a second hand item in exchange for my new one. I really would have preferred mine repaired had I been given the choice.

This is really souring the process for me

Andy
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jinjur Posted at 2017-9-8 02:52
So, got my response today..........and I know it is in the T's and C's................but it doesn't make me any happier and it is starting to muddy my once favourable review of the service I received which was originally glowing.

We have received your kind feedback for this case.

Andy, we are sorry for this situation, we have transferred your concern to local team to see if there is further resolution could be provided, please wait patiently for the update, we would appreciate your patience.
2017-9-9
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So, the local team have got back to me and things are going spectacularly well (not really) eventually arriving at me being directed to the legal team.
The LEGAL TEAM guys. :/

jinjur

這是對之前請求 #731161「CAS-965690-G7K6R6」的後續跟進

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply and thank you for sending the replacement part, it arrived yesterday.

However, I would like to escalate the issue of the replacement I received as I am not happy with it.

The drone I returned was in showroom condition (stickers included) and the drone I have been given is not. It is also older.

I am not happy about this and would like you to escalate the issue for me. I cannot even bring myself to fly this thing right now and I am gutted.

I don't think I am asking for something I am not entitled to. I spent an awful lot of money that I don't really have so made sure to look after the drone like it was priceless.

I do NOT want this drone and would like you to come back to me with some options.
  Regards
Andy

========================================================================================================

Support9.NL (Support)

Hello Dear Andy,

Thanks for your kind feedback.

I understand how you feel about it. If you accept we can send out the SD card, 16GB for you.

Here is our after sales policy regarding the replacement.
  Product and Part Replacement  
When after-sales service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product or part becomes your property. Only unaltered DJI products and parts are eligible for replacement.
Replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty. A replacement product or part shall be covered for the time remaining in the original product’s warranty.

A good day.
  Best regards,
Support9. NL

========================================================================================================

jinjur

Hello.

Thank you for coming back to me. I am afraid however that while your kind gesture has indeed been noted, it does not help me.

At this stage, I would like to request my faulty drone back in exchange for this product I have received as quite simply put, I do not want it.

The shop that I purchased the item from, have advised that they would be able to look after me better but only if I have my original drone.

Can you please let me know how this can be achieved.

I look forward to your reply
  Andy

Support9.NL (Support)

Hello dear Andy,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Regarding the case, please kindly notice that you need to informed us you want your original unit before we start repair work.
Now repair process is finished at the end of Aug, sorry we could not to send it back to you,

Please kindly refer below policy.
Product and Part Replacement
When after-sales service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product or part becomes your property.

A good day.
Thank you.
  Best regards,
Support9. NL

jinjur

Hello,

I am sorry, But I was not given the option/window of selecting whether my drone was returned and I would argue that the greatest fault here is the wording of your emails. They very clearly imply that my Mavic is being fixed.

"Testing and diagnosing YOUR product.................REPAIR finished in 2 to 3 working days...............then THE product will be sent BACK to you"
1.PNG

If it had stated.........."we are going to send a different or refurbished product to you in this instance rather than fix yours because of x, y, z"...........then, it would have been obvious that I would have had to request my drone back. But it clearly states "repair" along with a time frame befitting of a repair along with repair costs. Also, stating that the product was being sent "back" to me......as in I had it previously, which I didn't. I have never had a refurbished Mavic drone.

The first idea that I had suggesting that my product was not getting repaired and returned was when I saw a different s/n AFTER it had dispatched which was too later to intervene.
2.PNG

I would kindly ask that you escalate this to your line manager for me

Thank you
Andrew

Support9.NL (Support)

Hello dear customer,

Good afternoon.

Thanks for your kind feedback, before you send in the unit all customers needs to read the procedure and after sales policy.
Once we send out repaired units, all broken part will be shipped back to HQ. Therefore we could not get your sent in unit back to you.

I understand you whilst this is our final statement.

A good day.

Best regards,
Support9. NL

jinjur

Hello,

Ok, so if you cannot do anything for me, can you please let me know the channel that I can send complaints to?
  Regards
Andy

Support9.NL (Support)

Hello Andy,

You can kindly contact legal@dji.com.

A good day.
  Best regards,
Support9. NL

2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jinjur Posted at 2017-9-18 05:31
So, the local team have got back to me and things are going spectacularly well (not really) eventually arriving at me being directed to the legal team.
The LEGAL TEAM guys. :/

Andy, sorry to read on this, I think our customer supervisor has tried their best to explain the situation and make the compensation to you, we do cannot ship the original drone back to you. This issue has been beyond what we can do now. Please refer to our supervisor's suggestion and contact legal@dji.com for further assistance. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2017-9-18
Use props
Vern
New

United States

For being one of the world's biggest manufacturers of drones, this company has a lot to learn about providing good repair service. Although their prices and turnaround times are good, their web site, payment methods and the way they communicate with the customer leave a great deal to be desired. They sent me a number of different emails on the status of the repairs before finally giving me a quote. They failed to tell me, however, how to pay for the repairs. I had to email them and ask them. The reply I got as shocking. They don't accept credit cards. The only way you can pay them is through ...., international bank transfer or send them a check. My god, do they live in the last century. What kind of company doesn't accept credit cards. Now here's another kicker. In the payment instructions they listed a case number that was not the same one I was assigned when they received my drone. Now why are there two case numbers and which one do I use? I am a high school aviation instructor who teaches a section on drones in my curriculum. You can be very sure that I will not be recommending that my students purchase any DJI products. This company needs to update its payment procedures.
2019-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules