Spark is awesome
1534 14 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Twflys
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34167 ft
United States

I realize that these forums aren't much use for saying "things are going great".  But, with all the bad press out there I just gotta say... The DJI Spark is amazing.  

I have no issues, it performs better than I had hoped it would.  The only lacking part might be in the software when trying to edit video and photo's using the built in software.  Why can't we edit the best quality footage?  Why do I have to use different software to get the highest quality images and videos?  Seriously...  It is also a bit cumbersome transferring with no reliable way to do so.

Okay, sorry for the short vent!

The Spark itself is quite a capable beast!  I have plenty of confidence flying it!  It performs in very windy conditions, with crisp smooth gimbal movements.  It can go crazy high, crazy fast, crazy far...

To the peeps that have had issues and for those who have lost theirs... When I buy something like this, I believe, you have to take some risk that comes with owning a device such as this.  I sure hope it doesn't fly away, or fall out of the sky from 500'.. but if it does, I will have to suck it up, these things aren't bullet proof and without issues.  Didn't anyone read the disclaimers that came with this thing?  Be easy on the forum peeps, they are just the moderators, they don't own DJI,they likely aren't the engineers either.  But they do act as liasons between the company and customers.  

Good luck everyone, and happy flying!
2017-9-1
Use props
fansb3a41e40
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23376 ft
Greece

Ok, points sort of taken but it's hard to imagine "sucking up" having a runaway Spark falling out of the sky on a person...
2017-9-1
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I completely agree with you.  I have had zero issues with my Spark and after 30 flights.  I've even tried to go from ATTI to GPS back to ATTI during a flight without any issues.  Great to see that there are many of us other there with no issues.  LOVE MY SPARK
2017-9-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-1 05:20
I completely agree with you.  I have had zero issues with my Spark and after 30 flights.  I've even tried to go from ATTI to GPS back to ATTI during a flight without any issues.  Great to see that there are many of us other there with no issues.  LOVE MY SPARK

How are you going from ATTI to GPS and back?  Is it by chance?
2017-9-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to read positive stories about Spark
2017-9-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I will also express positive feedback about the spark.  I've not experienced any significant negative experiences (anything that could even remotely come close to loss of craft) with the spark.  Though I've been active on the forums and I do feel that there are real issues (or at least there have been), given the mandatory update.  The issues and concerns others have had are real, and I've had fears that I would face the same.

But thus far, nothing negative has manifested, and I love flying my spark.  I keep showing it off to neighbors and friends, and they continue to be amazed.
2017-9-1
Use props
0rcinus
lvl.3
  • >>>
Croatia

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-1 05:26

Throw a wet rag over it.
2017-9-1
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-1 05:26

I connected my RC to my iPhone via Wi-Fi and then connected my AC.

I took off on my laneway and flew around for a minute, then flew into my garage (door open).  As my spark entered the garage, the app confirmed ATTI mode.  Flew in the garage for a minute and exited the garage.  Noticed on my screen that it had regained GPS to 17 satellites.  I did this two more times without stopping or landing.

Conclusion, went from GPS to ATTI to GPS multiple times without issues.
2017-9-1
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

I also have nothing but fun with mine, I hope it stays this way.
2017-9-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-1 05:50
I connected my RC to my iPhone via Wi-Fi and then connected my AC.

I took off on my laneway and flew around for a minute, then flew into my garage (door open).  As my spark entered the garage, the app confirmed ATTI mode.  Flew in the garage for a minute and exited the garage.  Noticed on my screen that it had regained GPS to 17 satellites.  I did this two more times without stopping or landing.

Now that's AWESOME use of environment , so we may have a way of controlling ATTI/GPS, if a bit unusual.
2017-9-1
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

I'll agree. The Spark performs very well, takes great pictures in a very small package. Mine did fly away, while in gesture mode, but had zero issues before that. I think that one mode is to be avoided, but otherwise, great to have fun with.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Thank you for your feedback, which gives us more us motivation to keep improving! Happy flying! Besides, for the APP, you can go to the Editor when the drone is connected the APP, then click the icon in the top left corner, choose On-board SD, you'll be able to download the original photos and videos.
2017-9-2
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Spark has been faultless too, long may it continue, but I do feel for those that have had serious problems.  I learnt a long time ago that in the RC game you will always have issues and in all honesty the issues normally require you to sort them out yourselves or through forum help as a community.  It quite amazes me sometimes how easily some people seem to be returning their craft to DJI for repairs, when probably all that is required is a little bit of time "messing around" like you do if your computer or mobile phone suddenly has an issue with software.

Love this game.... happy flying.

2017-9-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I adore my Spark more everyday.  2 months of ownership, and no faults... none.  At this point I always have my Mavic and my Spark with me, but I honestly find myself reaching for the Spark most of the time.  It's just so much more fun to fly, and for my hobby needs... the pics and videos are perfect.  It's so easy to get up in the air quick and unnoticed, just a great drone.  Just fly smart.
2017-9-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the size of the spark drone, it is an awesome little piece of technology.
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules