P4P Shelf life -$900 for a new camera !!
1040 8 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1430 ft
France

After not having any kind of crash or mid-flight collision, the Diganosis has apparently reported back the following:

" had a look at the camera myself, it is clear that, although it may not have been involved in a crash, that the camera has taken damage at some point. This damage has dislodged one of the boards and caused the fault which you are experiencing."

WTF!? When its not flying it's in it's flight case!!
GUTTED
Is it something that just happens to Pro's i.e. has a certain shelf life then expect to pay more for repair!?

Even though we are aware of the delicate camera and gimble and that care must be taken with it at all times, There's is no IMPORTANT EXTRA information regarding the delicacy of
this, the pilot "should" be informed that the Camera and Gimble will fail to operate WITHOUT a collision or crash!  

CAVEAT on All new Phantom Pro boxes should read - "Camera and Gimble WILL just stop working so please expect this"

2017-9-1
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Is it something that just happens to Pro's i.e. has a certain shelf life then expect to pay more for repair!?"

No.

CAVEAT on All new Phantom Pro boxes should read - "Camera and Gimble WILL just stop working so please expect this"

See above.

That sucks, but there is only one way a board could be dislodged, via force of some sort.

2017-9-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry about that.

What kind of case are you referring to?

Was the case ever dropped or knocked over?

RedHotPoker
2017-9-1
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Has to more to the story.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for this, where did you send the drone, DJI official repair center? Could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it?
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Did you also upload the flight record for evaluation?
2017-9-13
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-1 18:54
Sorry for this, where did you send the drone, DJI official repair center? Could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it?

Can I get the info from the Drone Company that repaired my Drone??
2017-11-1
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-13 11:45
Did you also upload the flight record for evaluation?

the Drone repair company, never issued any Flight Data to me, shall I ask for it?
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Alpine Force 1 Posted at 2017-11-1 02:20
Can I get the info from the Drone Company that repaired my Drone??

Sorry, if you sent it to the personal repair company, we can't reach our hand to help you. You can try to ask them. If you send it to the official repair center, please provide us the case number, we would like to check.
2017-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules