Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go4 and Android 8
2574 14 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 12614816 ft
  • >>>
Germany

After having received the Android 8 update for my Google Pixel XL I gave it a try today with the P4P.
Nice! Video smooth as butter, no hick-ups, no issues...
Much better than what I experience  with the iPad Mini 4 since the 2nd last Go4 update.

So everything went well - until the app crashed out ouf nowhere!
Very disappointing. Still app crash problems on Android...

2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will add more devices as testing and development continues.
2017-9-1
Use props
angelio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35344 ft
New Zealand

I have the same issue. App closes midflight with no warning. Google Pixel XL, Phantom 4 pro. When i open app and connect again, its connecting but why close midflight?
2017-9-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2494390 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-1 19:50
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will add more devices as testing and development continues.

Aloha Susan,

My nVidia Shield K1 (the replacement one) has Android 7 (Nougat) and the 5.2 nVidia firmware.  I am using the latest DJI GO 4 app and my firmware is all up to date.  

This is the best my P4 Pro has ever flown.  No waypoint problems with DJI GO 4.  Everything saves and loads.  I have flown at least two long flights without any problems with the app crashes like before.  The only problem I am having is with Litchi and that is on the computer with the waypoints hub.

This is the best everything has ever worked and most of the time it all worked very well.  The live video is excellent.  Mahalo for all the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

angelio Posted at 2017-9-16 22:12
I have the same issue. App closes midflight with no warning. Google Pixel XL, Phantom 4 pro. When i open app and connect again, its connecting but why close midflight?

Does the issue appears in every flight? How about reinstalling the App and delete the previous files? I'm afraid that performance can not be ensured for your mobile device for now.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-16 23:00
Aloha Susan,

My nVidia Shield K1 (the replacement one) has Android 7 (Nougat) and the 5.2 nVidia firmware.  I am using the latest DJI GO 4 app and my firmware is all up to date.  

Cetacean, you are so nice, I always appreciate your support and understanding. Wish you have a great time everyday!
2017-9-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2494390 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-20 03:24
Cetacean, you are so nice, I always appreciate your support and understanding. Wish you have a great time everyday!

Aloha Susan,

It is good to be nice to "Storm"!  She can keep me in the air or ruin my nice flying weather.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

angelio Posted at 2017-9-16 22:12

It involves the compatibility of the phone with the App. You can try to reinstall the App to see if this helps. Also, consider using one of the mobile devices on the list.
2017-9-20
Use props
angelio
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-20 03:21
Does the issue appears in every flight? How about reinstalling the App and delete the previous files? I'm afraid that performance can not be ensured for your mobile device for now.

Yes, every single flight and there is no record of that fight. I uninstalled, deleted all the DJI related files from mobile, then installed again - same story!
2017-9-21
Use props
angelio
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-20 12:38
It involves the compatibility of the phone with the App. You can try to reinstall the App to see if this helps. Also, consider using one of the mobile devices on the list.

Doesn't work. Tried uninstalling, deleting everything related to DJI, then reinstalling. Same story again
2017-9-21
Use props
pan_de_ron
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36017 ft
United States

I'm on Android Oreo with Nexsus 6p. Go 4 app restarts every time I try to upgrade firmware or if I check my profile setting on the initial home screen of the app. I'm on version App 4.1.9
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

angelio Posted at 2017-9-21 00:48
Yes, every single flight and there is no record of that fight. I uninstalled, deleted all the DJI related files from mobile, then installed again - same story!

Sorry to hear this. Please consider one of the recommended mobile for better flying experience.
2017-9-26
Use props
Grafics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59236 ft
France

Hi
With the update in Android 8, i can't connect to the mavic pro.
Anyone have a solution ?
Thanks
2018-3-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2273123 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah guys, stop buying new, expensive, faster devices and get yourself a good old Note 3 on Android 5 that works perfectly well

If its not working on the Android Oreo then replace it with the stock rom, so easy to do and rooting is not required
2018-3-3
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99117 ft
United States

Had all kinds of issues as soon as myself and several others updated Android to Nougat 7.0.
Rolled back to 1.5.0 Android 6 and have been trouble free ever since. It's a pain to roll back but well worth the effort.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-85675-1-1.html
2018-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules