Activation hell ?
123Next >
6510 103 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ItXo9KD
lvl.1
France

Been in DJI chat for 4 times now. Non of their solutions works. What is it happening?

@SG70 what internet provider do you use? I just figured out that both phone data and wifi I tried were connected to Boyuigues Telecom. Is it your case?

2017-9-4
Use props
Disenchanted on
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same problem with mine, Got it about a week ago. haven't even turned a prop. Lost time, Lost opportunity, This point in time will never happen again. thanks DJI. I'm just going to put it on the shelf, like a book-end, and wait for DJI to get their act together.  
2017-9-4
Use props
djiuser_ItXo9KD
lvl.1
France

Disenchanted on Posted at 2017-9-4 07:01
I'm having the same problem with mine, Got it about a week ago. haven't even turned a prop. Lost time, Lost opportunity, This point in time will never happen again. thanks DJI. I'm just going to put it on the shelf, like a book-end, and wait for DJI to get their act together.

Now it gets interesting...
We got France and United States getting this issue with new Mavic Pros.

2017-9-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-4 04:08
I also logged in an incident on the DJI support, I have yet to receive an answer....

First of all, I am very sorry for your experience.
You have done just about everything possible to get your Mavic to activate. Yes, the motors will not start until after this process has been completed as DJI locks the drone upon shipment. DJI needs to get you a working replacement as soon as possible! Try calling into the support line and refer them to this forum thread. Your video should be enough to convince them of the problem.
I hope you can hang in there and get a working Mavic, as I really think it is a wonderful product providing lots of fun.
All the best
Rich
2017-9-4
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-9-4 07:48
First of all, I am very sorry for your experience.
You have done just about everything possible to get your Mavic to activate. Yes, the motors will not start until after this process has been completed as DJI locks the drone upon shipment. DJI needs to get you a working replacement as soon as possible! Try calling into the support line and refer them to this forum thread. Your video should be enough to convince them of the problem.
I hope you can hang in there and get a working Mavic, as I really think it is a wonderful product providing lots of fun.

Thank you RichJ53,

Before getting it back I want to see if other people pops up with the same problem. I have seen other threads where similar connection problems took place, and DJI ended up assuming it was a problem from their servers. I don't want to change my machine if the same problem is going to appear again. It's ridiculous to replace a product with no clue at all of where the problem is, specially not being a single user experiencing it.
2017-9-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perrymoon Posted at 2017-9-4 08:52
Thank you RichJ53,

Before getting it back I want to see if other people pops up with the same problem. I have seen other threads where similar connection problems took place, and DJI ended up assuming it was a problem from their servers. I don't want to change my machine if the same problem is going to appear again. It's ridiculous to replace a product with no clue at all of where the problem is, specially not being a single user experiencing it.

I see some others reporting the same thing and I remember that his was an issue with the DJI servers awhile ago for some. But you have been trying for 2 weeks! I cannot imagine the servers being down for that long.

Hope you get this sorted out soon
Rich
2017-9-4
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

months ago many people had the same problem for several days... https://forum.dji.com/thread-99208-1-1.html?&page=1

They need to stop telling us useless tips, they need to work it out from theor side!
2017-9-4
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-4 03:09
Thanks for the info, I've forwarded this to our engineers, we'll keep you updated.

@DJI Diana

Any update on this? We are three people here experiencing this issue. I've followed every single piece of advice and there's no way to activate the aircraft due to the "internet access" message. Can this be a problem of Dji servers as it has happened other times?
2017-9-4
Use props
SG70
lvl.2
France

Perrymoon Posted at 2017-9-4 13:23
@DJI Diana

Any update on this? We are three people here experiencing this issue. I've followed every single piece of advice and there's no way to activate the aircraft due to the "internet access" message. Can this be a problem of Dji servers as it has happened other times?

UPADATE

I received an email from DJI saying thay had updated the sevre and tied the SN of my Mavic to my account and that login out and login in the Go 4 app should solve the issue however I still cannot fly the Mavic because when i turn on the Mavic (with RC on and GO 4 app running displaying "RC connected") I still get the prompt for activation in the GO 4 app that fails with the "check your internet connection" message when I press activate.

I have tried the following :
- login out then in the GO 4 app
- clearing the cache, login out  and login in on the GO4 app
- uninstall the GO 4 app and reinstalling it and login in (was asked a verification cod that time as well + agreeing to TOS)
- factory reset of the phone then installing the GO 4 app and reinstalling it and login in (was asked a verification code that time as well + agreeing to TOS)

I also used a QR scanner to make sure I had not made an error in reading the SN and that it is the same they mention in their email, it is.

So now I'm starting to really wonder where the issue is ?
If they did update the sever (and I have no reason to doubt this) why is the Mavic still requesting an activation ?  
Will I ever be able to fly this thing ?
2017-9-5
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-5 01:42
UPADATE

I received an email from DJI saying thay had updated the sevre and tied the SN of my Mavic to my account and that login out and login in the Go 4 app should solve the issue however I still cannot fly the Mavic because when i turn on the Mavic (with RC on and GO 4 app running displaying "RC connected") I still get the prompt for activation in the GO 4 app that fails with the "check your internet connection" message when I press activate.

Thank you very much for the update.

This is pretty sad news.

I have contacted DJI support and they passed all the info to the engineers (answer in 24-48h). Well at least they are considering this is the app rather than our aircrafts (she recognized the app is giving them problems recently).

I will tell you what's the answer I receive from my side as soon as I get it...
2017-9-5
Use props
SG70
lvl.2
France

djiuser_ItXo9KD Posted at 2017-9-4 07:04
Been in DJI chat for 4 times now. Non of their solutions works. What is it happening?

@SG70 what internet provider do you use? I just figured out that both phone data and wifi I tried were connected to Boyuigues Telecom. Is it your case?

I also wondered about the provider, but I'm with orange, and I tried on the wifi of a friend who is with free, between bougues orange and free we pretty much have 90% of french providers covered so if it was a provider prob I think it would be old news

How long have you been trying ?
What phone are you using ? I have a HUWAIE P7 running android 4.4.2
2017-9-5
Use props
SG70
lvl.2
France

Perrymoon Posted at 2017-9-5 01:48
Thank you very much for the update.

This is pretty sad news.

at least if it's not form the RC or aircraft we can hope it will get resolved in the future, I'm woried it might be the aricraft and that if I wait to long they won't replace or refund it
2017-9-5
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-5 02:28
I also wondered about the provider, but I'm with orange, and I tried on the wifi of a friend who is with free, between bougues orange and free we pretty much have 90% of french providers covered so if it was a provider prob I think it would be old news

How long have you been trying ?

Hehe definitely not provider issue....

I have been trying from Friday.

I'm using a Nexus 7 II tablet (only wifi, not LTE), it's on the compatible devices.  I have always tried with a couple of Samsung phones with no success.

The rest is as you, I did everything possible from tutorials, forum and dji support tips. Latest "firmware refresh" this morning using A2 with no success.

The only thing I can do is borrow an ipad from a friend cause I haven't tried with IOS. You did so?
2017-9-5
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-5 02:26
at least if it's not form the RC or aircraft we can hope it will get resolved in the future, I'm woried it might be the aricraft and that if I wait to long they won't replace or refund it

I do believe it's DJI GO 4 problem. The App says something that is not true (we all have internet and the app itself uses it to update firmware). Other than that, the RC and aircraft connect well, they are detected via usb and they update without problem.
2017-9-5
Use props
SBD
lvl.1
Australia

Similar problems.  Initial firmware upgrade was a nightmare to the point I considered returning the drone.  Still considering returning on the misrepresentation of the goggles....
Purchased 1Sept. Accessed decent internet 2Sept, spent four hours attempting to update the firmware, Two batteries on the AC. using the Go4 app and Huawei Mate9 (which incidentlally Go4 told me does not have 5G wifi)
Continuing later, with the Assistant I cycled through all three batteries, attached goggles seperately. Still received squeals about updates and inconsistent module firmware.
3Sept.  Continuing, obviously the Go4 app is useless.  Connected drone with three batteries to the Assistant.  All good. Connected Goggles, all good.  Connected RC also good.
... fire up Go4, still whining about updates, allow it to "update".... seriously I'm in Australia, can't afford the data...

Finally, finally all systems go.  I've gotten it off the ground for 15min, weather's been too rough since.  Not impressed with the few photo's taken, but that's probably settings.
But, update hell!  The entire process is ridiculous, I've been using computers since the first PC. This is as bad as the early days of windows 3.11

Goggles.... I had to go and buy reading glasses in order to focus on the screen... WTF!  Ok, i'm late forties, it's coming, but I don't need glasses yet... except for these goggles with an apparent focal plane of 30 cm.
"It is like looking at a 216-inch panel at just 3 meters away from you." ... no, BS. it is like a 20 inch panel 30cm away.  If it was 3m, I can still read a newspaper at that distance.
This statement by DJI is seriously false advertising, and unfortunately a major factor in buying both drone and goggles. My intended usage is keyed to this, remote locaiton & viewing of historic mine sites, especially inspecting the mine dumps visually before physically visiting. Live view is key.

2017-9-5
Use props
SG70
lvl.2
France

Perrymoon Posted at 2017-9-5 02:28
Hehe definitely not provider issue....

I have been trying from Friday.

yes I tries IOS, had the same problem....
2017-9-5
Use props
SG70
lvl.2
France

This is the answer from DJI "support" after I informed them that their attempt to activate the MAVIC on their server had failed to solve my issue....
Should I start getting mad at this point ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Serge,

Thank you for contacting DJI technical support.
With regards to you concern, we have included a few video tutorials that you can watch to see if you missed some steps along the way.

DJI Tutorials - Mavic Pro - Firmware Upgrade with DJI GO

DJI Tutorials - Mavic Pro - Controller Settings

DJI Tutorials - Mavic Pro - Calibrating the Controller

DJI Tutorials - Mavic Pro - Gimbal Settings

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
For any other concerns, feel free to contact DJI Europe Support, Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 5:00PM (UTC+1) via the following three channels:
Tel Support: +31 20 654 5202
Email: support.eu@dji.com
Online Support: http://www.dji.com/support#after

Have a great day!
With kind regards,

(name removed by me)
DJI NL TECHNICAL SUPPORT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-9-5
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

From the photos and video seems you have connected your device to the big usb under the controller... be shure to remove the micro usb cable (disconnect it from the controller if you use the big usb) maybe you already done that but you know... just in case
2017-9-5
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-5 08:14
This is the answer from DJI "support" after I informed them that their attempt to activate the MAVIC on their server had failed to solve my issue....

I can't believe this...
They sent you four videos that has nothing to do with your problem. This is insane... I was looking forward for them to answer me and now this is really confusing.

I will post their answer once I get it and if it's similar to this we should do something.
2017-9-5
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-5 08:14

Have you already tried to activate your Mavic using a completely different e-mail address, i.e. with a new TLD, like gmail.com for instance?
It takes a few seconds to create a GMAIL mail account on Google.
2017-9-5
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

Hey Serge,

No idea if this can help at all. You said you got them to register your SN in order to get rid of the activation. They told you to sign out and sign in and it didn't work. Did you try to erase the data fron the Go 4 app and uninstall it?
2017-9-5
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-5 10:26
Have you already tried to activate your Mavic using a completely different e-mail address, i.e. with a new TLD, like gmail.com for instance?
It takes a few seconds to create a GMAIL mail account on Google.

Hi Marsan,

In my case, I have a @gmail adress with only normal letters (not even numbers) and the problem is the same.
2017-9-5
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

Perrymoon Posted at 2017-9-5 11:14
Hi Marsan,

In my case, I have a @gmail adress with only normal letters (not even numbers) and the problem is the same.

I was hoping that this would help our friend SG70.
I am using gmail.com addresses, but I had no issues activating my two Mavics.

Strange coincidence though, that you are also trying to activate from France.
Have you tried to go through an anonymizing service to activate your account?
2017-9-5
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-5 11:51
I was hoping that this would help our friend SG70.
I am using gmail.com addresses, but I had no issues activating my two Mavics.

Well there's a folk in this conversation that has the same issue in the US.

I haven't tried anonymizing services, no. Do you think for some reason our connections are cutting the communication between the app and the server?
2017-9-5
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

Perrymoon Posted at 2017-9-5 12:34
Well there's a folk in this conversation that has the same issue in the US.

I haven't tried anonymizing services, no. Do you think for some reason our connections are cutting the communication between the app and the server?

To be honest I don't know. It's an elimination process, until we find a solution.
Can you try a different RC?
BTW, are you sure that your RC is linked to your Mavic?

If even DJI can't help, who can?
2017-9-5
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

No weird asterisks or numeric symbols in name? That can cause proble.s i read....like this + $ * " ~
2017-9-5
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Has everyone tried downgrading their DJI Go 4 app to a earlier version

2017-9-5
Use props
fans16c9e769
New

Australia

I've been having the same problem since I bought this thing yesterday from Hong Kong I'm in Australia and I'm using an account with an American email.
I have tried all the solutions that you have recommended in this forum. none have worked.
I have managed to establish picturemeaningful app connection when I disconnect the cableenter the app again and reconnect the connection last for 3 or 4 seconds until the prompt to register pops up again.
this make me believe that the problem is a flaw in the app itself or in the register system buy DJI.
just saying but it will be nice they showed up and make some digging into the matter .I'm pretty sure we are not the only ones..
does this happen to apple uses too..??(only a sarcastic joke to mitigate my dread)..
2017-9-5
Use props
fans16c9e769
New

Australia

I've been having the same problem since I bought this thing yesterday from Hong Kong I'm in Australia and I'm using an account with an American email.
I have tried all the solutions that you have recommended in this forum. none have worked.
I have managed to establish picturemeaningful app connection when I disconnect the cableenter the app again and reconnect the connection last for 3 or 4 seconds until the prompt to register pops up again.
this make me believe that the problem is a flaw in the app itself or in the register system buy DJI.
just saying but it will be nice they showed up and make some digging into the matter .I'm pretty sure we are not the only ones..
does this happen to apple uses too..??(only a sarcastic joke to mitigate my dread)..
2017-9-5
Use props
fans16c9e769
New

Australia

for all my brothers in Sorrow....for not being able to raise our light imagination proxy of the ground...for all those frenchies ,Aussies and Americans (just to call you for something short since you stole the name of the American continent for yourself ala trump)....
I carry good news
without installing no firmwear or blaming them clouds of Dirty servers....
I follow the path I'm looking for old DJI go aps...which I always thought we were the culprits...I I have Triumph leaping to the air!!!!
2017-9-5
Use props
fans16c9e769
New

Australia

for all my brothers in Sorrow....for not being able to raise our light imagination proxy of the ground...for all those frenchies ,Aussies and Americans (just to call you for something short since you stole the name of the American continent for yourself ala trump)....
I carry good news
without installing no firmwear or blaming them clouds of Dirty servers....
I follow the path I'm looking for old DJI go aps...which I always thought we were the culprits...I I have Triumph leaping to the air!!!!
2017-9-5
Use props
fans16c9e769
New

Australia

installing DJI GO For products before P4_v3.1.8_apkpure.com
did the trick!!!!
thanks to our benefactor lanes for such a welcoming solution!

after accepting my registration it only took to install the new version and uninstall the old...

such is modernity for you!!!

Happy Vuelos for all!!
2017-9-5
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

lannes Posted at 2017-9-5 13:39
Has everyone tried downgrading their DJI Go 4 app to a earlier version

Hey Guys!!

I feel closer to fix this problem than ever!

However, version under 3 is currently unavailable in APKpure.

I downloaded version 3.1.2 (products before 4 series) and when I open the app a prompt appears forcing me to install a newer version.
2017-9-5
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

fans16c9e769 Posted at 2017-9-5 21:03
installing DJI GO For products before P4_v3.1.8_apkpure.com
did the trick!!!!
thanks to our benefactor lanes for such a welcoming solution!

FINALLY............................

For anyone trying this is important to complement the video: Download version 3.1.8 (before P3 series)

Please someone puts a street on the name of Lannes in his/her hometown... THANK YOU SO MUCH.
2017-9-5
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

Summarizing everything that has been told: this is the solution for the activation (Android version)
1. Uninstall DJI GO

2. Open Chrome

3. Tap apkpure.com

4. Look for "DJI GO"

5. Click on "DJI GO - For products before P4"

6. Once on the App page, scroll down until "Version History", and download version 3.1.8

7. Once downloaded, open the file and install the app.

8. Open the App.

9. Switch on RC, switch on Aircraft. Connect RC to phone / tablet. If a prompt appears telling you that you need DJI GO 4, disconnect the RC from the phone and re-open the app. Once the app is opened, connect the RC to phone again: the activation process will overlap the "dji go prompt".

10. Proceed with the activation process

2017-9-6
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

Perrymoon Posted at 2017-9-6 00:21
Summarizing everything that has been told: this is the solution for the activation (Android version)
1. Uninstall DJI GO

Well, strike me down with a feather!

How is it possible that DJI support couldn't help you guys here?
2017-9-6
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-6 02:56
Well, strike me down with a feather!

How is it possible that DJI support couldn't help you guys here?

Probably they (kinda) know where the problem comes from, but I don't think DJI support want to encourage people to download "an old version of the old version of the app" while they are trying to solve it.

In any case, trying to be as comprehensive as possible, my only concern here is communication: they need to tell people from the beginning that the current version of the app is problematic, and that we need to be patient bla bla... The latest communication Serge received (after days of conversation, filled with video tutorials that weren't adressing his problem at all) is unacceptable.

Whatever, I connected to the support chat and gave them this information in case it may help, cause at least now we can confirm where the problem comes from (DJI GO) and in which version begun. The assistant told me "be sure I am forwarding this information to the developers right now".

2017-9-6
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

Perrymoon Posted at 2017-9-6 03:12
Probably they (kinda) know where the problem comes from, but I don't think DJI support want to encourage people to download "an old version of the old version of the app" while they are trying to solve it.

In any case, trying to be as comprehensive as possible, my only concern here is communication: they need to tell people from the beginning that the current version of the app is problematic, and that we need to be patient bla bla... The latest communication Serge received (after days of conversation, filled with video tutorials that weren't adressing his problem at all) is unacceptable.

You should work for DJI now, because your knowledge and support are better than theirs!
2017-9-6
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-6 04:02
You should work for DJI now, because your knowledge and support are better than theirs!

Lol no no!!

It's not me who have found the issue, other participants in this conversation did. I just passed the info to them ;)
2017-9-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Perrymoon Posted at 2017-9-5 23:56
FINALLY............................

For anyone trying this is important to complement the video: Download version 3.1.8 (before P3 series)

Glad we could all finally help, well done everyone

We all need to think outside of the square from time to time
Did the fix work for SG70 the OP ?
2017-9-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules