RC controller OTG change to 2.4ghz
2497 10 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Q9X1O8J
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4170 ft
Italy

Hi, in Italy the 5.4ghz wifi is not good. When I connect RC to OTG on my samsung s7 and enter in Dji go 4 i can't change the frequency from 5.4ghz to 2.4ghz. Dji there is a solution for this problem in next firmware? thank you!
2017-9-1
Use props
Goatherdervt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386178 ft
United States

When I wanted to switch while in otg mode, the software wouldn't allow me to. So I connected with wifi and changed it to 2.4. Then shut everything down and then went otg again. The frequency stayed at 2.4. But I am in the US so am not sure if it might be a region thing.
2017-9-1
Use props
InkedUpDad.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55276 ft
United States

DJI does not support OTG on the DJI Spark at this time. They wont be able to provide you with a solution as they do not recommend flying with OTG.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Like the post 3 # mentioned, it is not recommended to use OTG cable since it hasn't been fully tested.
2017-9-1
Use props
Tom39
lvl.1
United States

Are there plans to make this option (use of OTG cable) available in the future?
2017-9-21
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

Tom39 Posted at 2017-9-21 05:48
Are there plans to make this option (use of OTG cable) available in the future?

Yes, please DJI can you test and officially allow a cable connection between controller and phone/tab running the app?  If not, could you explain why not.   I am mainly flying a P4P with CrystalSky which works perfectly using a hard wired connection and 2.4 for control frequency, just need to be able to do the same with Spark. :-)
2017-9-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Goatherdervt Posted at 2017-9-1 17:23
When I wanted to switch while in otg mode, the software wouldn't allow me to. So I connected with wifi and changed it to 2.4. Then shut everything down and then went otg again. The frequency stayed at 2.4. But I am in the US so am not sure if it might be a region thing.

It works exactly the same way in Europe. Band switch has to be done with WiFi connection and afterwards go to OTG connection. But it has to be repeated each time after the Spark had been shut down, e.g. for battery change if I recall it correctly. Or was it each time the RC has been shut down, no sure now. But sure that the switching works. It's just a bit cumbersome.
2017-9-22
Use props
TyronP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70259 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-22 08:51
It works exactly the same way in Europe. Band switch has to be done with WiFi connection and afterwards go to OTG connection. But it has to be repeated each time after the Spark had been shut down, e.g. for battery change if I recall it correctly. Or was it each time the RC has been shut down, no sure now. But sure that the switching works. It's just a bit cumbersome.

So the 5.8ghz is defaulted?
2017-9-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

TyronP Posted at 2017-9-22 09:29
So the 5.8ghz is defaulted?

Yes, 5.8 Ghz is default, most probably because it is less vulnerable to other WiFi networks around, thus more secure. Disadvantage is shorter range. 2.4 Ghz is much better range but also much more vulnerable to other WiFi networks around. Thus out in "the wild" 2.4 Ghz is definitely the better option. Close to civilization 5.8 Ghz is the better option.The above applies mainly for Europe with the CE standard. For you in the US and FCC standard 5.8 Ghz should not be a problem and the best option because signal strengh is almost the same as with 2.4 Ghz.

2017-9-22
Use props
TyronP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70259 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-22 14:01
Yes, 5.8 Ghz is default, most probably because it is less vulnerable to other WiFi networks around, thus more secure. Disadvantage is shorter range. 2.4 Ghz is much better range but also much more vulnerable to other WiFi networks around. Thus out in "the wild" 2.4 Ghz is definitely the better option. Close to civilization 5.8 Ghz is the better option.The above applies mainly for Europe with the CE standard. For you in the US and FCC standard 5.8 Ghz should not be a problem and the best option because signal strengh is almost the same as with 2.4 Ghz.

Cool thanks.
2017-9-22
Use props
VinceC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6010 ft
United States

Goatherdervt Posted at 2017-9-1 17:23

Can you tell me if the Mavic RC cable work for the Spark?   I see you have them both and I was looking to avoid buy an OTG and using a long phone cable.  The Mavic RC Cable has right angle connector which is more convenient.
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules