Propeller replacement, in sets, or individually?
3289 9 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Disco3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199875 ft
Canada

I need to replace 1 propeller, but the propellers come as a set of 2, a white and a non white ring.

What is the preferred order for replacing? Should I do all 4, just the 1 that needs replacing, or the one behind or across?

They are cheap, so I don't mind if I have to go buy another set and replace all 4. As a matter of fact, I will go buy another set no matter what, just for the backup.

2017-9-1
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Personally I have just replaced the prop that needs replacing, and that's it. Only time I replace the full set is when I'm using cheap prop to practice flying around obstacles as I don't want to break the OE props.
2017-9-1
Use props
Disco3
lvl.3
Canada

PHL Posted at 2017-9-1 14:00
Personally I have just replaced the prop that needs replacing, and that's it. Only time I replace the full set is when I'm using cheap prop to practice flying around obstacles as I don't want to break the OE props.

Thanks. I'll just replace the prop that needs replaced.
2017-9-1
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Why are you replacing any of them? If one was damaged in a crash it's possible that others were damaged in ways you might not detect. I suppose that there are cases where you might damage one and can be sure that the others are fine, but in general I'd recommend replacing them all at the same time.
2017-9-1
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

replace them as needed.  but every so often replace all 4 corners even if they are not damaged, i believe DJI or someone says somewhere every 200 flights.. i plan on replacing all 4 corners every 6 months even if undamaged..not like they are prohibitively expensive.

2017-9-1
Use props
Disco3
lvl.3
Canada

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-9-1 15:28
Why are you replacing any of them? If one was damaged in a crash it's possible that others were damaged in ways you might not detect. I suppose that there are cases where you might damage one and can be sure that the others are fine, but in general I'd recommend replacing them all at the same time.

I'm replacing because one of the props got a tear in it from backing up into a tree branch. It's quite noticeable. The others are all in good shape. The reason I'm asking, is because of how picky my old Parrot AR Drone was about having a balanced set of props.

2017-9-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

As DroneFlying says, it really depends on why you want to change them (or one).  If there was a crash and damage to one, you should replace them all.  You don't know what may be hiding in the other's future-how they are weakened, etc.  Why risk your 1K investment on the price of a few props?
2017-9-1
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

if replacing 2 props then i would think that either the front (both) or back (both) should be replaced vs diagonlly opposites. i read about prop balancing issues on other drone models but never heard of this with the mavic, so do not think it is an issue for us. A careful visual and tactile inspection of yr props will show any defects. i have seen the mavic fly with severly damaged props but i believe it is hard on the motor. fortunately they are not too expensive so i have erred on the side of caution by replacing rather too many than too few.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can just replace the broken propellers.
2017-9-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-3 01:25
You can just replace the broken propellers.

Thanks, I already thought so
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules