Whats The maxium Distance/Altitude P4 Pro Can Fly
7243 23 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheKJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

Hey people what's the maxium distance that you can possibly go with the P4 Pro Plus in Feet/Miles

Also comment how fare you have gone O.o

lool
2017-9-1
Use props
n1ghtwish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 677953 ft
United States

Well your question is regarding the Pro, but I have sent my P4 out a little over 11,000ft with line of sight and still had full bars on both video and remote signal.  Then I chickened out and brought her in.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The max transmission distance is 7 km under FCC standard and 3.5 km under CE standard  (Unobstructed, free of interference, 2.400 - 2.483 GHz).
2017-9-1
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

7 KM translates to 23,000 FT.
2017-9-1
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

N1ghtwish:
11000 feet in line of side?
You must have bionic eyes!
2017-9-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-9-1 20:26
N1ghtwish:

Line of sight is all about the line and not about seeing.
VLOS means within visual range and in line of sight.
2017-9-1
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

lightbridge 2 is said to be good in real world for up to around 2-ish miles..  from everything i have seen atleast.

for outright best range DJI offers, occusync on the mavic pro...   however 2-ish miles is still plenty..
2017-9-1
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-1 23:14
lightbridge 2 is said to be good in real world for up to around 2-ish miles..  from everything i have seen atleast.

for outright best range DJI offers, occusync on the mavic pro...   however 2-ish miles is still plenty..

So light bridge 3 can beat it lol >?
2017-9-2
Use props
n1ghtwish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 677953 ft
United States

N1ghtwish:

Maybe I do....
2017-9-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-1 23:14

Not sure what real world is, but my buddy in Iowa did almost 20 miles with lightbridge

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... /page-4#post-789089
2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-9-2 08:37
Not sure what real world is, but my buddy in Iowa did almost 20 miles with lightbridge

https://phantompilots.com/threads/official-p3-range-leaderboard.76464/page-4#post-789089

modded though:

Horizon terminator boosted
Battery mod

without mods lightbridge stumbles a lot from what i have read and seen..  

also when i say real world i mean anywhere outside..  

my experience with phantom 4 (friend's) unmodded using its lightbridge system stumbled a lot after around 7,500 feet in my friend's neighborhood at about 250 AGL wasn't unusable just highly degraded and stalling a lot and throwing up errors..  that's not hateful at all given his neighborhood is living hell for 2.4ghz and 5.8 ghz.  however i was extremely impressed with my mavic pro.. it completely exited the area before i started seeing errors and stalling, around 9,300 feet out and 250 AGL.. i know occusync is 2.4Ghz band..
what i have heard is you can use inspire 2 pro's controller on Phantom 4 pro and get extra bit of range.. not sure how true that is..

2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheKJ Posted at 2017-9-2 03:06
So light bridge 3 can beat it lol >?

dji hasn't officially labeled anything as lightbridge 3 yet.  so we can assume still lightbridge 2, from what i have read, inspire 2 pro's RC can work with the Phantom 4 pro and provides better range/power which backs up the theory its a variant of LightBridge 2
2017-9-2
Use props
Keith Thompson
lvl.3

United States

Do I have a whimpy P4P?  How come I can only go about 1600m before losing reception, and some of you guys can go up to 7km?  
2017-9-2
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Keith Thompson Posted at 2017-9-2 10:23
Do I have a whimpy P4P?  How come I can only go about 1600m before losing reception, and some of you guys can go up to 7km?

You need to be in open space to high radio waves or any buildings or stong interference with you and the drone then should be safe try in an open field somewhere
2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Keith Thompson Posted at 2017-9-2 10:23

try an open field first or if you're experienced enough and brave enough open water. is also good place to make range runs.  also 1600 meters is 5200 feet, that's not too hateful if you're flying in a area with a lot of interference.

my personal best run with my mavic pro is about 4.5 miles as the crow flies with a crosswind of about 10 mph.. and out on my farm land over the mountains.  i could have maybe gotten further but crosswinds worried with my battery life and i was backing off because signal chop was strong i didn't want to risk loss with cross winds and it failing to fight its way back home.  

i plan on doing another run in calmer conditions (if i get the chance) i have a new area to test out, overlook into the valley, i have over 10 miles of visable range and nothing between take off and end point just trees but they all going down hill so imma be flying well over them.. only issue is it maybe a suicide run and i do want to have back up plans to get my mavic pro back..so im being very hesitant about doing the range test that far out.. specially in mountains in early fall,, get a lot of random winds...

2017-9-2
Use props
Keith Thompson
lvl.3

United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-2 12:08
try an open field first or if you're experienced enough and brave enough open water. is also good place to make range runs.  also 1600 meters is 5200 feet, that's not too hateful if you're flying in a area with a lot of interference.

my personal best run with my mavic pro is about 4.5 miles as the crow flies with a crosswind of about 10 mph.. and out on my farm land over the mountains.  i could have maybe gotten further but crosswinds worried with my battery life and i was backing off because signal chop was strong i didn't want to risk loss with cross winds and it failing to fight its way back home.  

Thank you for clarifying that.  Yes, I do live in a big city, and as excited as I am with my new P4P, only go to the nearest park because I can't wait to get up in the air.  Maybe I'll head out to the country some time and compare the distance.
2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Keith Thompson Posted at 2017-9-2 14:20
Thank you for clarifying that.  Yes, I do live in a big city, and as excited as I am with my new P4P, only go to the nearest park because I can't wait to get up in the air.  Maybe I'll head out to the country some time and compare the distance.

ya! i find flying out in the rural areas can be a lot more relaxing.    if you still having issues with range make sure to adjust antennas on the remote, dont point the tips of the antenna where your flying have the sides of the antenna facing the drone.. the tips dont produce signal

sometimes i find if i'm struggling to get good range in some places,  i pull one of my antenna down  to point straight out from my remote so it's like horizontal and the other straight up so its vertical on my mavic's controller.  it doesn't work well everywhere but it's worth a shot if signal is crapping out quickly
like a few blocks over.. or environment dictates it..
2017-9-2
Use props
Keith Thompson
lvl.3

United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-2 15:10
ya! i find flying out in the rural areas can be a lot more relaxing.    if you still having issues with range make sure to adjust antennas on the remote, dont point the tips of the antenna where your flying have the sides of the antenna facing the drone.. the tips dont produce signal

sometimes i find if i'm struggling to get good range in some places,  i pull one of my antenna down  to point straight out from my remote so it's like horizontal and the other straight up so its vertical on my mavic's controller.  it doesn't work well everywhere but it's worth a shot if signal is crapping out quickly

Thank you very much.  I kind of wondered why the antenna was made to rotate and move in different directions.  I guess that is just for folding it for storage and not breaking.  Will take it to a beach 20 minutes north of the "big city" and see how it works tomorrow.  
2017-9-2
Use props
El_barto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18287 ft
French Polynesia

In CE mode 4.060m at 30m height
2017-9-3
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

Says you're in the UK, like me.
Legally the highest and furthest you can go is 120m (400ft) and line of sight - so up to 1km(3330Ft), if you've top grade eyesight and light conditions are in your favour.

Bear in mind poor light levels can drop that distance to less than 400m.

Up to you, and you only, if you want to fly further - but if you get caught - expect to 'have your collar felt'

2017-9-5
Use props
cthetoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656703 ft
United States

I flew in an urban area but I was on slope.(200 foot elevation)  Flew 10640 feet (3243 meters or 2 miles).
Flew past homes, markets, and a mall. Stock antenna and battery.
I read to use Auto 5.8hz for better distance in urban environments.
2017-9-6
Use props
djiuser_kO6Rr3KYKEMl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 320696 ft

United States

n1ghtwish Posted at 2017-9-1 18:07
Well your question is regarding the Pro, but I have sent my P4 out a little over 11,000ft with line of sight and still had full bars on both video and remote signal.  Then I chickened out and brought her in.

I can’t go past 2000 ft even with max distance set at 5000m . It doesn’t matter if I am in the suburban areas or off the back of a boat with no land in sight. Any suggestions?
2020-12-12
Use props
djiuser_kO6Rr3KYKEMl
lvl.1

United States

N1ghtwish:

You are permitted to have a spotter I believe when going those distances.
2020-12-12
Use props
djiuser_kO6Rr3KYKEMl
lvl.1

United States

TheKJ Posted at 2017-9-2 10:39
You need to be in open space to high radio waves or any buildings or stong interference with you and the drone then should be safe try in an open field somewhere
I have the same problem , even off the back of a boat no land in sight. 2000 ft if I’m really lucky. It’s been a year now and I am losing all hope, depressing seeing so many others can go miles
2020-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules