United Kingdom

Exclusively Litchi.
2017-9-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Ahhhhhh    Another poll!  Election time again already?
2017-9-2
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-2 07:18
Ahhhhhh    Another poll!  Election time again already?

Nope I'm not going to allow it...I'm gonna filibuster it
2017-9-2
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I will use only the Kovfefe app from now on.
2017-9-2
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

For aereal videography if you need a mission then Litchi app is the best.

For aereal photography, both DJI app and Litchi app are good.
2017-9-2
Use props
Keith Thompson
lvl.3

United States

I can't vote, but I'm currently using DJI Go/4.  I hear too many stories of Lychi crashes (the app, not the fruit)
2017-9-2
Use props
Keith Thompson
lvl.3

United States

I can't vote, but I'm currently using DJI Go/4.  I hear too many stories of Lychi crashes (the app, not the fruit)
2017-9-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Keith Thompson Posted at 2017-9-2 10:23

What's LYchci? Ha

Strictly Go regular here. No high test for me. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-2
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

The Litchi app doesn't crash like the Go app. Yeah, I know my Lenovo tablet is too old for DJI GO.

2017-9-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Betamace Posted at 2017-9-2 11:11
The Litchi app doesn't crash like the Go app. Yeah, I know my Lenovo tablet is too old for DJI GO.

It's Never too late to start all over again.....  ;-)

There will always be newer models...  You might have to upgrade.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-2
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-2 12:44
It's Never too late to start all over again.....  ;-)

There will always be newer models...  You might have to upgrade.

If only I could get the gf to understand that idea.  It makes sense to me.  When she is 40,  I should trade her in for 2 20's.
2017-9-2
Use props
waclark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28520 ft
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-9-2 11:11

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Litchi does indeed crash. I've had mostly good luck with it but others have reported fly-aways, loss of connections and other issues. One user on another forum indicated that his problem with Litchi had to do with the tablet he was using and that it was no longer sufficient to run the app, even though he had been running it for some time.

I use Go and it's been pretty good, I've never had it crash, though it has on occasion reverted back to beginner mode.
2017-9-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-9-2 17:12
If only I could get the gf to understand that idea.  It makes sense to me.  When she is 40,  I should trade her in for 2 20's.

Twin turbos? Ha

Yes, we should all have a recycle program...
Replacement limbs too... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-2
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

DJI Go/4 . I keep hearing people saying words like "fall out of the sky" regarding Litchi.
2017-9-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I can't vote as I use both ... depends what I'm doing.

GO obviously allows setting of various parameters that Litchi cannot.

Litchi obviously has flight patterns that GO cannot.

I like the Auto-start recording of Litchi ... but latest version like many other software items - is increasingly more processor hungry ... so I find I am using GO more frequently last few days.

Is one better than other ? Depends what you want to do ... so overall - I reckon no.

Nigel
2017-9-4
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

I agree with Nigel, depends, although my last flight with litchi was a real eye popper YIKES but then again could have happened with GO
2017-9-4
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-9-4 11:32
I agree with Nigel, depends, although my last flight with litchi was a real eye popper YIKES but then again could have happened with GO

I also had a white-knuckle experience with Android Litchi yesterday. It was bad enough for me to drop everything and put 3.1.3 back into my 10.1 inch Lenovo tablet.  I'm kind of leaning towards iOS Go as an everyday flyer since I voted for Litchi.
2017-9-5
Use props
TerribleTim68
lvl.1
United States

Litchi only, because DJOgo doesn't like my phone. I have never been able to get it to connect. So unless DJI wants to make an app that actually works, I'll keep using Litchi I guess.
2017-9-5
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Using DJIGO4 most to the normal flying around but Litchi for filming, photo and waypoint missions.

Regards Leif.
2017-9-5
Use props
Coachbob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21880 ft
United States

I use Litchi for the waypoint missions and mission hub
2017-9-5
Use props
sSunSetter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

hey...  GoApp
2017-9-5
Use props
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

Your aircraft will always come back to you, if you do your preflight checklist. Know and follow your weather condition limitations. If you use Litchi exclusively as I do.
2017-9-6
Use props
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

I have lost all contact within minutes of take off. I have also had Litchi crash during flight or the app just close although not often. Aircraft always finds its way back.
2017-9-6
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

Churubusco Posted at 2017-9-6 07:15
I have lost all contact within minutes of take off. I have also had Litchi crash during flight or the app just close although not often. Aircraft always finds its way back.

Same here......   Pretty much exclusively use Litchi.
2017-9-6
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Why.... what do you get?
2017-9-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I have noticed an interesting thing lately ... P3Pro, FW1.10.09 (installed by DJI themselves).

With latest GO on my Android - I have reasonably stable signal .... and reasonable range.

With latest Litchi - I am getting a lot of Low Signal warnings and Disconnects ... at random ranges.

Nigel
2017-9-15
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the Mavic, Litchi most of the time. With the Spark, I use Go because Litchi is still a little wonky with the Spark plus doesn't work with OTG. With the P3S, I use Go since it belongs to the rescue squad and the squad doesn't have Litchi.
2017-9-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

waclark Posted at 2017-9-2 17:33
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Litchi does indeed crash. I've had mostly good luck with it but others have reported fly-aways, loss of connections and other issues. One user on another forum indicated that his problem with Litchi had to do with the tablet he was using and that it was no longer sufficient to run the app, even though he had been running it for some time.

I use Go and it's been pretty good, I've never had it crash, though it has on occasion reverted back to beginner mode.

I have to throw my 2-cents in here too. I have used Litchi for a long time now and have many friends also using it. I have never had anyone I know of say it crashes on them. Myself, I have had the GO app crash on me several times. It is no secret the Go app requires a lot of processor speed especially with the later releases. A lot of older devices cannot handle the GO app where Litchi seems to not require all that horsepower. I know of no one that can blame a fly away on Litchi. I use the GO app too, but mainly just on occasion and to modify my EXP, GAIN, and a couple other settings. I have a dedicated device too, and the GO app works, but I prefer Litchi. In my mind I think the fly-aways are because of something else rather than the app doing it, which ever one you are using. Just my opinion. I fortunately have never experienced anything like a fly away or lost of control.

Edit: I felt I should mention I fly an Advanced and I am on older firmware and I use older versions both of the GO and Litchi app. I tried the latest Litchi and the GO app, but also experienced issues with both, so I will stay with the older versions right now. I have zero issues with flying where I want with a strong signal. don't see the need to change.
2017-9-15
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

I didn't know the Litch app. But I'm new with the DJI.
2017-9-15
Use props
samuraiz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

Litchi all the time.    Litchi uses Google maps as well.   
2017-9-15
Use props
HugoN/4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248878 ft
France

If someone is interested I sell my litchi application for 12 Euros
Contact hugohennequart@gmail.com
2017-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now