Firmware Update Woes
845 9 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingLocksmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154206 ft
United Kingdom

Bit the bullet this morning and updated to the latest firmware....well I tried....

I connected the Mavic to the PC via Assistant 2. No trouble so far. Downloaded the update and it installed....took an hour! Updated DJI GO 4 app as well. Brilliant....or so I thought.

Went to fly and it connects to the RC and the DJI GO app seems fine. I can see the camera etc but in red at the top of the screen it states 'cannot take off'. Strangely the app shows I have the latest firmware but back on the home screen it states I need to update the firmware. So I click the update and it just hangs at 1% for approx 2-3 mins and stops....over and over again.

Connected the aircraft back up to Assistant and it confirms no update is neccessary as I'm on the latest firmware!

Any ideas?

This firmware updating is just sooooo frustrating! I can see why people lose the will to live. I had it with a Phantom 3, to the point I gave up, DJI just never responded despite me sending logs etc and so I got rid of it and purchased the Mavic!
Now here I am again playing these ridiculous firmware update games
Am I alone?
2017-9-2
Use props
Dougb 9
lvl.1
Australia

You are certainly not alone. This seems to be a wide spread issue from all the posts I've read here and other forums. Mine did the same and it is now with DJI for repair.
2017-9-2
Use props
H83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18156 ft
United Kingdom

This is why I don't want to update to .1000 I've read too many issues! Hope you get it sorted tho!
2017-9-2
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

And this is why I object "Force update" with Spark with  no rollback option.
2017-9-2
Use props
FlyingLocksmith
lvl.2
United Kingdom

After much time trying it over and again I had to reinstall the DJI GO app again!! This seems to have sorted it. Soooo many bugs with this firmware and software!! It really is beyond a joke sometimes. I hope it was worth the update, although I think it benefited DJI more than me as it was an update to prevent the hacks
2017-9-2
Use props
FlyingLocksmith
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dougb 9 Posted at 2017-9-2 02:36
You are certainly not alone. This seems to be a wide spread issue from all the posts I've read here and other forums. Mine did the same and it is now with DJI for repair.

That's the way I think my Phantom 3 went. The update just hung until the battery ran out....when I put a new one in it was all over!!! Disgusting really and the DJI response was beyond a joke
2017-9-2
Use props
jonzey
New
United States

I feel your pain.  My drone has been stuck with a firmware mismatch for 9 days now, and my case with DJI is still being "researched.".  This is a very expensive paperweight for me now.

Hope you get some help!!!

2017-9-2
Use props
Just J
New
Flight distance : 10400 ft
United States

Doing a firmware upgrade on a Mavic Pro delivered yesterday fails if I use the DJI Pro 4 app on my iPad, and has left the original battery bricked: The two middle lights are on, it can't be turned off, and if placed in the charging hub the hub's light turns red. I've tried updating the drone firmware with the battery installed using DJI Assistant 2 on my MacBook Pro, and it reports success, but the battery is still bricked.

How can I unbrick my battery?

(Apologies for posting this in multiple threads, but as a new user the forum won't let me start a new thread to ask the question, and I want to make sure it is seen as this is a perfect weekend for flying.)
2017-9-2
Use props
Dougb 9
lvl.1
Australia

Just J Posted at 2017-9-2 11:14
Doing a firmware upgrade on a Mavic Pro delivered yesterday fails if I use the DJI Pro 4 app on my iPad, and has left the original battery bricked: The two middle lights are on, it can't be turned off, and if placed in the charging hub the hub's light turns red. I've tried updating the drone firmware with the battery installed using DJI Assistant 2 on my MacBook Pro, and it reports success, but the battery is still bricked.

I've just received an iTunes update notification for the DJI GO 4 App to Version 4.19. This update is not even mentioned on the DJI Website. The latest version according to the Website is 4.17.  My Mavic has just been repaired by DJI but I haven't received it as yet. It is in the post somewhere. I guess I'll have to go through the upgrade process again. Not looking forward to that. 3 weeks since I originally received it and haven't flown it yet. Not happy Jan!!!  
2017-9-3
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Just J Posted at 2017-9-2 11:14

Try holding the button for 30 seconds...
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules