21258 29 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Was anyone able to connect the mac via the DJI Assistant app on a mac?

For some reason the app is not recognising my mavic no matter which usb port I use..
2017-9-2
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

I also tried to connect my remote. It's charging but not showing up on the DJI Assistant 2
MAC OS 10.12.6
2017-9-2
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

What firmware are you on?  A lot of users are reporting issues connecting to Mavic drives after updating to latest firmware.  I haven't been able to see Flight Data since udating as the drives don't become available, like they did before the upgrade.  
2017-9-2
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Fingers Posted at 2017-9-2 06:08
What firmware are you on?  A lot of users are reporting issues connecting to Mavic drives after updating to latest firmware.  I haven't been able to see Flight Data since udating as the drives don't become available, like they did before the upgrade.

The one before the last. I wanted to connect to upgrade
2017-9-2
Use props
R Kamedes
New
Flight distance : 105348 ft
Croatia

Does it ever connect?  I'm have an issue with Android where I am connected until DJI GO requests access to storage.  Once I grant it that access I get disconnected.  I have to tell Deny the app access to my storage and it stays connected.  I'm wondering if this is related to your issue.
2017-9-2
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

R Kamedes Posted at 2017-9-2 10:01
Does it ever connect?  I'm have an issue with Android where I am connected until DJI GO requests access to storage.  Once I grant it that access I get disconnected.  I have to tell Deny the app access to my storage and it stays connected.  I'm wondering if this is related to your issue.

not really..I tried different cables, usb ports and even uninstalling and installing the app again on mac os x
2017-9-2
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I assume you are turning on the RC and AC are connecting to the Mac
2017-9-2
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

It's not a mac issue, as it works flawlessly on my my mac. I'd suspect a bad or wrong kind of cable first, and then something wrong with the usb port you're using after that. Some devices come with charging cables that don't have all the pins connected.
2017-9-2
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

lannes Posted at 2017-9-2 18:38
I assume you are turning on the RC and AC are connecting to the Mac

hahah ofc!! it was definitely one, fully charged and tried different usb cables too which are 100% working with all my other devices
2017-9-3
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

sduck Posted at 2017-9-2 18:38
It's not a mac issue, as it works flawlessly on my my mac. I'd suspect a bad or wrong kind of cable first, and then something wrong with the usb port you're using after that. Some devices come with charging cables that don't have all the pins connected.

tried two different cables.. but even the remote wouldn't connect
2017-9-3
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Some people are saying DJI Assistant does not work on OSX 10.12
Apparently there is a drivers app as part of the .dmg that needs to run
2017-9-4
Use props
fans344b9a88
lvl.1

United States

I am having a similar problem. I cannot connect DJI A3 to the latest Mac Assistant on a Mac Laptop. However, using the same cable, I am able to connect it to the Windows version (running on the same laptop under Parallel). The Mac sees the connection and I direct it to Windows.) There definitely seems to be a driver issue.
2017-9-4
Use props
Bwana_TX
New
United States

Mine only works with supplied cable.  Whenever I try another cable, it fails
2017-9-6
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Bwana_TX Posted at 2017-9-6 02:30
Mine only works with supplied cable.  Whenever I try another cable, it fails

can you send me a photo of the supplied cable? too many cables, I forgot what it looks like. thanks
2017-9-6
Use props
fans5a6dada0
New
United States

I have the same issue, i eventually just upgraded via the DJI go app. Frustrating to say the least.  The lack of support on this from dji is unacceptable.
2017-11-11
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

fans5a6dada0 Posted at 2017-11-11 07:28
I have the same issue, i eventually just upgraded via the DJI go app. Frustrating to say the least.  The lack of support on this from dji is unacceptable.

iMac or macbook pro?
2017-11-11
Use props
archied
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107838 ft
United States

I am having the same issue on a brand new Mavic..  I have updated the FW to the latest version via the DJI 4 Go application.   I am attempting on a Macbook pro running OSX 10.13.2.  

Any help would be appreciated.

-Archie
2017-12-28
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72864 ft
United States

archied Posted at 2017-12-28 12:43
I am having the same issue on a brand new Mavic..  I have updated the FW to the latest version via the DJI 4 Go application.   I am attempting on a Macbook pro running OSX 10.13.2.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you ever find a solution?  I have 10.13.2 and the oe cable
2018-1-4
Use props
bobjonesx
lvl.2
United States

FWIW, am using MacAir with 10.13.
I reinstalled DJI Assist2 ver 1.1.6. Still didn't work until I also installed the horndis app that comes with the DJI Assist software. Make sure you install that as well, even though it references Android OS.
However, even with the RC running, I could not get the simulator to respond. I did have gimbal control but no flight. Strange.
2018-1-4
Use props
archied
lvl.2
United States

I tried the latest release of DIJ Assistant 1.2.0 that was recently released.   I cannot get this work on my Mac or Windows 10.
2018-1-6
Use props
archied
lvl.2
United States

Additional information in another thread at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1117039
2018-1-7
Use props
TigerEye
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem but I found the solution. Once the drone is connected via usb to your Mac and the app is pulled up, TURN ON THE DRONE. This was the only difference that made the app recognize I was connected. Hope this helps!
2018-2-4
Use props
TigerEye
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem but I found the solution. Once the drone is connected via usb to your Mac and the app is pulled up, TURN ON THE DRONE. This was the only difference that made the app recognize I was connected. Hope this helps!
2018-2-4
Use props
Zappun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 941913 ft
Mexico

Finally found the solution!!  I saw an error on my macbook about the device taking too much USB power, so make sure first of all there are no other items connected to your USB ports.

1) Make sure your device is NOT connected
2) Open DJI Pro Assistant
3) Turn ON your device - wait until fully powered up
4) Once your device has powered up, then connect the USB to your computer
2019-2-16
Use props
VantageAerial 9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2543268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I literally just did a calibration through the DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac 5 days ago with my Phantom 4 pro.  Now it will not connect to either my mac or PC with multiple cables and USB ports tried. What is going on? I have tried to reinstall the app, I have tried the app version that is specifically for the phantom, I have restarted both computers etc.....

Please Help with this issue.
2019-6-6
Use props
DaveC005
New
United Kingdom

April 2020, had my Mavic Mini a week now and since the first (compulsory?) update I can't get DJI Assistant 2 to recognise when my drone is plugged in on either my iMac OR my HP Laptop!? My laptop at least recognised a device was plugged in so was able to download footage and pics manually but that was it. The Mac did not repond at all! Has this issue been acknowledged by DJI yet?
2020-4-21
Use props
Seu Pereira
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8620407 ft
Brazil

Hi guys I am dealing with the same problem.

DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic (latest, downloaded today) under my macOS 10.13.6

I can't connect my Mavic Mini.

I just runned these Assistant cause I had my first problem with my drone today. It said I have to change props, first it said the rear right prop, after reboot it said rear left prop. So I decided to install te assistant to see what goes on. The problem with my mini begun after the last firmware update.

Any ideas on what to do, guys?
2020-4-24
Use props
Troyston
New

United States

The solution for me (and this worked both on my Mac and my Win10 PC, where both were previously not working) was to use the USB-C to USB-A cable that came with the Mavic (mine is a Mavic Air 2). I tried all sorts of other cables and nothing worked. I went through my Mavic case and found the little black cable that it came with and used that. After using the supplied cable, both the drone and remote control were recognized both on my Mac (running latest Catalina) and my PC.
2020-9-27
Use props
Asyd_Rayn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2766 ft
United States

Troyston Posted at 2020-9-27 07:50
The solution for me (and this worked both on my Mac and my Win10 PC, where both were previously not working) was to use the USB-C to USB-A cable that came with the Mavic (mine is a Mavic Air 2). I tried all sorts of other cables and nothing worked. I went through my Mavic case and found the little black cable that it came with and used that. After using the supplied cable, both the drone and remote control were recognized both on my Mac (running latest Catalina) and my PC.

This worked for me -- but once my drone is connected the only option I have is to upload data. I get no other options in the left-hand pane. When I connected the smart controller I get a number of options.
2021-6-25
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

are you on the new M1 mac by any chance, my intels work fine the M1’s have issues
2021-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules