Go App radar not working
2524 17 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I am curious how to use the info shown on the radar, at the left bottom corner, when Go App is launched. My understanding is that it shows the relative position/direction of the controller to the AC. However mine does not seem to showing this info correctly. In terms of relative direction, it always shows a difference of about 90 degree. And for relative position, it is also out. So I need a lesson of how to use this radar. How does it help my flight navigation.
2017-9-2
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

DTK, in my opinion you should do a good compass calibration. That should show your correct position on the "radar" . It helps you because no matter how far away you are, the radar shows which way you pointing relative to your home point. Safety First!. Ken.  
2017-9-2
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Highasakite Posted at 2017-9-2 18:30
DTK, in my opinion you should do a good compass calibration. That should show your correct position on the "radar" . It helps you because no matter how far away you are, the radar shows which way you pointing relative to your home point. Safety First!. Ken.

A compass calibration, yes but not on the AC, the compass needs calibrating on the mobile device. maybe if DTK has another device he can try it would read differently.

Mark G.
2017-9-3
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Try calibrating the compass on your mobile device or using another device. can you maybe post a video of the issue?
2017-9-3
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Yes, just done the calibration on my mobile device. It works. Don't realise that tablet and mobile also needs calibration.
2017-9-3
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Great news guys, I'm glad that you included that! Safety First! Ken.
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DTK, we are pleased to know the problem got sorted out, it is very useful for other users who may encounter the same problem in the future, appreciate your sharing.
2017-9-4
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

WIFI only Ipad does not have GPS on the device, how does it affect the radar on the DJI App? Is that function not activiate on IPad WIFI version?
2017-9-4
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I saw the same problem this weekend. My compass was calibrated. The map craft icon was correct but the radar was pointing in another direction.  Odd. I'm running the app version before the latest. i don't dare updating anything that can't  be  reverted ..
2017-9-5
Use props
Microchips
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3348051 ft
United Kingdom

Håkan K Posted at 2017-9-5 09:14
I saw the same problem this weekend. My compass was calibrated. The map craft icon was correct but the radar was pointing in another direction.  Odd. I'm running the app version before the latest. i don't dare updating anything that can't  be  reverted ..

I had the same problem at the weekend but I noticed if I changed the direction of the controller the arrow moved on the radar...so when I changed the battery I made sure the controller was facing the same way as the Inspire 2 and hey presto....worked for me.
2017-9-5
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Microchips Posted at 2017-9-5 10:23
I had the same problem at the weekend but I noticed if I changed the direction of the controller the arrow moved on the radar...so when I changed the battery I made sure the controller was facing the same way as the Inspire 2 and hey presto....worked for me.

Will try that next time, thanks.
2017-9-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-9-3 05:00
Yes, just done the calibration on my mobile device. It works. Don't realise that tablet and mobile also needs calibration.

DTK
I was reading your post and was curious about the mobile calibration. On the iOS device there is no way to calibrate the compass. Are you using an android device?

Rich
2017-9-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-9-6 14:20
DTK
I was reading your post and was curious about the mobile calibration. On the iOS device there is no way to calibrate the compass. Are you using an android device?

There is a way to do it on iOS.   Mine seems to ask for it at very random times.

and maybe this: Turning on iOS compass.

Android has one too.  I installed some Planet and Star chart app and I had to do a bunch of twists and turns to get the compass and app to work right.
2017-9-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

My devices are android ones. I use GPS status and tool app.
2017-9-6
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-6 14:46
There is a way to do it on iOS.   Mine seems to ask for it at very random times.

Calibrating a compass in iOS.

I cannot find a way to calibrate the compass on iOS in any of these Apps. It will only pop up and tell you to calibrate it (if it needs it) but no way to force calibration that I could find.

Rich
2017-9-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

For android device, I think you do a figure 8 calibration any time. The app, I guess, is only for you to tell whether the compass is showing consistent N after calibration. Or rotate on this 3 axis a couple of time.
2017-9-6
Use props
dmz0311-68
lvl.1

United States

Highasakite Posted at 2017-9-2 18:30

I have the same problem as DKT..  I did what you recommended before even reading this.. I calibrated my drone and that did not fix the problem.. The radar is still 90 deg. off..
2017-10-5
Use props
dmz0311-68
lvl.1

United States

DTK Posted at 2017-9-3 05:00

Where are you guys finding a compass  on your mobile device ?????  I have a iPad mini.. do I need to down load it.. if so where from ??
Thanks
2017-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules