DJI Assistant 2 issue "PC"
5409 14 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vokey
lvl.1
Canada

I am having issues connecting to DJI Assistant 2 on my PC.

On the screen it show an animated USB cord going in to a USB port.  There is also another photo that  states "if your having trouble"

so.. I connect the Mavic and controller together or separate. Nothing happens.. look for the switch on the Mavic but I don't see on.  I have powered on the device as suggested in one of the tutorials but nothing is happening.

What are more options/ Has anyone seen this before?
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you read the files on the drone's SD card directly? It might be that the failed installation of the driver either the driver of the USB or DJI Assistant 2. Please try to change another USB cable or reinstall DJI Assistant 2.
2017-9-2
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

There are a few things here that could be causing your problem.
You should only connect either the Mavic or the RC to the computer but not both at the same time. Use the usb cable that came with the Mavic, connect it to the Mavic and then connect it to the computer. Then turn on the Mavic (making sure you have removed the gimbal clamp and extended the legs). Then open the Assistant 2 software and log in.
You should see the animated usb going in and connecting and then you will see a Mavic symbol which you click on to get to the firmware update page.
Once the update has finished you need to go back to the start page of Assistant 2 and then close the program, turn off the Mavic and remove the usb cable from the PC.
Then do the whole same procedure again with the remote.
If you still have problems and you are using Windows 10 then you will have to uninstall Assistant 2, restart Windows 10 with signed drivers disabled and then reinstall Assistant 2. It won't work if the drivers are not loaded.
Here is the procedure for disabling signed drivers:

Windows 10: Disable Signed Driver Enforcement
How can I install drivers that are not digitally signed?
Windows 10 enforces driver signatures by default. This can be disabled to install drivers that are not digitally signed. Use the following steps to disable driver signature enforcement.
Click the Start  menu and select Settings.
Click Update and Security.
Click on Recovery.
Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
Click Troubleshoot.
Click Advanced options.
Click Startup Settings.
Click on Restart.
On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.
Your computer will restart and you will be able to install non-digitally signed drivers. If you restart your computer again the driver signature enforcement will be re-enabled.

Hope this helps.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

Your drivers didnt load correctly-Shut down DJI Assistant2.. Go to  your drive that u installed DJI Assistant 2 on in mine its (C: ) then navigate through \Program Filesx86\DJI Product\DJI Assistant2\Drivers .In the Driver folder u will see 2 files down bottom that you need called DriverSetup32.bat  or DriverSetup64.bat .If you running 32Bit Windows dbl click on the .......32.bat file or if u running 64Bit Windows dbl click on the ....64.bat file ..Start DJI Assitant 2 ..log in and plug in the Mavic by USB.
It should now be recognised ..hope this helped.
2017-9-3
Use props
Vokey
lvl.1
Canada

I am still having issues.
I'm running windows 8, 64 bit. I followed the info provided by DJ Enertia and nothing is happening. i'm stilling only getting to the animated usb going in and connecting. the mavic symbol is not showing up.

Any ideas anyone!!

All that is it is saying is " How to Connect to inspire2"
2017-9-20
Use props
Vokey
lvl.1
Canada

I have uninstall and reinstalled assistant 2 still no Mavic symbol

getting very annoyed.....
2017-9-20
Use props
JV0
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-2 19:57
Could you read the files on the drone's SD card directly? It might be that the failed installation of the driver either the driver of the USB or DJI Assistant 2. Please try to change another USB cable or reinstall DJI Assistant 2.

Hey Thor.. When I connect the USB Cable.. I can read the files on the SD card directly.. I know that something is happening because the USB is indicating that something is found.. I have tried many different USB cables but all with the same result.. I do believe it is the drivers that is causing the issue.. I'm running  "windows 8" Can you suggest another course of action.
2017-9-23
Use props
JV0
lvl.1
Canada

When I look under the "add and remove programs" it is showing me that DJI assistant 2 version V1.1.6 is there.. I wonder if this is the correct Version.
2017-9-23
Use props
JV0
lvl.1
Canada

Even though I am running windows 8.... I will now try "Post 3" suggestions on how to disable signed driver enforcement!!
2017-9-23
Use props
JV0
lvl.1
Canada

Well Holy SHIP.. I figured it out.. only took me 22days.. but I got the assistant 2 to work..   the nice thing though is that is doing the research.. I found a lot of useful information on settings and such. For those that tried to help.. Thank you..  
For those that encounter this Problem, do "Post 3" but before you do. look up the you tube video. together they fixed my issues..
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JV0 Posted at 2017-9-23 21:12
Well Holy SHIP.. I figured it out.. only took me 22days.. but I got the assistant 2 to work..   the nice thing though is that is doing the research.. I found a lot of useful information on settings and such. For those that tried to help.. Thank you..  
For those that encounter this Problem, do "Post 3" but before you do. look up the you tube video. together they fixed my issues..

Sorry for getting back late. So now you can connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 by Janee's way, right? So glad to hear that.
2017-9-27
Use props
Mascupz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55725 ft
Indonesia

I had the same problem, I uninstalled the newest dji assistant and replaced with 2.107 version and it successfull
2017-10-3
Use props
Notabeginner
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello there I am new to forum I had issues a few months back after upgrading firmware was prompted to calibrate vision sensors with assistant 2 for higher accuracy. I am using windows 8.1 anyway when I installed the assistant 2 software and connected MP nothing happened. I could see that the MP was conneted in file explorer but not DJI assistant it took a few months but realised it was the drivers after someone from customer support instructed me to disable the driver signature I installed DJI Assistant by keeping the MP connected whilst installing the DJI Assistant hope this has all been resolved by DJI Now.   
2017-10-5
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Sure seems like there are plenty of posts over time about Assistant 2.  It seems it isn't needed.  At least I've never used it.  What am I missing?
2017-10-5
Use props
endgame
lvl.1
United States

DJ Enertia Posted at 2017-9-3 08:35
Your drivers didnt load correctly-Shut down DJI Assistant2.. Go to  your drive that u installed DJI Assistant 2 on in mine its (C: ) then navigate through \Program Filesx86\DJI Product\DJI Assistant2\Drivers .In the Driver folder u will see 2 files down bottom that you need called DriverSetup32.bat  or DriverSetup64.bat .If you running 32Bit Windows dbl click on the .......32.bat file or if u running 64Bit Windows dbl click on the ....64.bat file ..Start DJI Assitant 2 ..log in and plug in the Mavic by USB.
It should now be recognised ..hope this helped.

Thank you......your fix worked like a charm. RC now connects.
2018-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules